Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

The world's most way past cool comic!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veotax
May 16, 2006

I think the context is someone asked Ian Flynn if Penders' characters could ever return and he probably gave a diplomatic answer like "it would be too difficult to work out a deal to do that". When what he probably really meant was "why the gently caress would we ever want to do that?"

Veotax
May 16, 2006

I love the opening paragraph of that interview claiming that "few people have had as big of an impact on Sonic the Hedgehog" as Penders. In America maybe? Were the Penders-era comics even widely available outside of the US? I know that was before digital sales were a thing.

None of his characters appeared in any games or cartoons while Tangle and Whisper at least got to make an appearance in a mobile game.

Hell, I didn't even know the Archie comics existed until some cover scans and one issue were included with Sonic Gems Collection or something on the Gamecube. I was very confused when I saw them, since they weren't the comics I remembered growing up with in the UK.