Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!
:regd08:

I should have my final update ready... sometime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
good LP, GP. you did your best... and your best rocks! thanks for gettinv me into this game, and then doing all the postgame content so i wouldnt have to haha

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Thanks for the great LP! I'd never heard a thing about this game before, so I'm really glad you showed it off so well. I haven't bought it yet but it's on the list, so I'll get around to it eventually...

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

GrandmaParty posted:

NEXT WEEK: GOLF. TWICE. TWO DIFFERENT KINDS.
Ninja Golf for Atari 7800?

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
Wicked 18?

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
Also Grandma looks very close to how I imagined. But that's only because his personality reminded me of one of my cool friends and said cool friend looks like Grandma.

S.D.
Apr 28, 2008
You did your best, Jimmy. We're proud of you.

Congratulations on finishing the LP, GrandmaParty, and everyone who did commentary! Thanks for going through the game in such an exhaustive and entertaining manner.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

I don't understand the room of happiness.

This was a great LP! Turn-based RPG's like this aren't really my cup of tea so I'm glad I got to see this game's excellent writing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!
Postgame Bosses
Dark Demon has more than double the HP of any other enemy in the game. Every three rounds, Jimmy's form will shift randomly, and as with every Dark Dungeon fight, he won't be able to change it. It can rampage for two hits of 150% physical damage, followed by four hits the next turn, and a tremor that hits the party for 250% physical damage the turn after that. It can also scratch the party to inflict physical damage and Withering, cast Ice 2 to inflict 200% magical damage on the party, cast Fireburst for three hits of 150% magical damage, or slam into a party member for 250% physical damage. If it Grasps a party member in its mouth, it will make that party member unable to act and deal physical damage to that party member every turn for three turns, with a chance of killing the party member at the end of the third turn. When it gets below 50% health, it will absorb darkness and heal 10% of its max HP and unleash darkness the next turn, dealing 200% magical damage and inflicting Unmotivated and Unguarded to the entire party, with a 50% chance of inflicting Afraid. It also has an additional attack depending on Jimmy's current form, though if Jimmy is himself he can do any of them. If Jimmy is blob, it can spit acid and inflict Sick. If Jimmy is goon, it can tense up and counter physical attacks that turn. If Jimmy is flower, it can scratch the party to inflict physical damage and Immunodeficiency. If Jimmy is bird, it can make itself Alert for five turns. If Jimmy is bear, it can cast Fire 3 to deal 300% magical damage to the party. If Jimmy is pumpkin, it can summon a magic-reflecting barrier. If Jimmy is vampire, it can Mind Control a party member for three turns. If Jimmy is Tanaka, it can inflict Weakpoint on a party member. If Jimmy is phoenix, it can cast Moxiesplit and halve the party's MP.

Jimmy's Family fights as a unit, and will each use a special attack once when they reach 50% HP.

Andrew can use Cryodynamics to inflict 200% magical damage, use Analysis to inflict a Weakpoint, use Toxicosis to inflict Acid (which deals 25% of a party member's max health as magical damage each turn), mix fiery chemicals to inflict 50% magical damage, or talk boringly to inflict Sleep. He can also calculate with the family, allowing them to use stronger attacks without telegraphing them, and will talk boringly to inflict Sleep on the entire party the turn after. At 50% HP, he will Focus and permanently increase his MAT by 150%.

Buck can physically attack (with a 50% chance of doing it twice), bully a party member for 150% physical damage, or insult the party to Startle them all. If he glares at you, he will use Magnificent Combo for 300% physical damage the next turn. At 50% HP, he will use Inner Rage, increasing his ATK by 200% and restricting himself to only a basic physical attack.

Helga can physically attack or use First Aid to heal an enemy for 10% of their current HP. She can also make herself Alert, and will always do this on her first turn. If she can't stop smiling, she will use Comforting Smile next turn, healing the enemy party for 25% of their current HP. If any enemies are dead, she can use Pep Talk on them to raise them at 25% max HP. At 50% HP, she uses Sunny Day, healing 50% of all enemies' current HP and giving them the Rejuvenate effect, which heals them for 25% of their current HP every turn for three turns.

Lars can physically attack, use Counter Stance to counter physical attacks or use Protect and Lovely to reflect magical attacks. If he spaces out, he will use either Counter Stance or Protect and Lovely on the entire enemy party. If he spaces out for two turns in a row, he will use Karma Release for 600% physical damage the turn after that. At 50% HP, Lars will use Afternoon Nap, fully healing himself and self-inflicting Sleep. His physical counters will be much stronger after he wakes up.

I initially said that I would make a furniture gallery for this whole game, but that would require me finishing Jimmy's main game and defeating the Dark Demon, and honestly I've been burned out on playing the game for months. I'm just gonna post this update now and move on with my life so that this LP can get archived. If you want to see what every piece of furniture looks like, you can read Kalir's LP on some other forum. It's pretty good!

Would you like me to repeat that?