Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
...And welcome, to a Prairie Home Companion, this is another...edition of news from Lake Wobegon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8y3jbuuzDg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ir8s6IGq2Hs

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

“And that was the latest on-the-ground coverage about how the inflation crisis is destroying Venezuelan farms. Next, have you ever wanted a pumpkin spice latte bigger....(whispers excitedly) than a trente?”

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

Im Terry Gross

*farts*

And this was fresh air

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
I'm Lakshmi Singh.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

*feels a bit of my soul die each time I offer coffee mugs and tote bags in exchange for donations during the annual pledge drive*

Dr. Gojo Shioji
Apr 22, 2004

*gets fired for having an anglo name without at least three vowel replacements*

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Grevling posted:

I, for one, enjoyed watching the capybara eat rhubarb and swim in a pool.

you can't do that on the radio.

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

ElectricSheep posted:

... and Rob Stein is here to report on the recent Medicare crisis while tongue-wrestling four slugs into his microphone. Good morning, Rob.

Tthhhhaannkkssshh, Ssshhteeeevvveee.

It's too bad he gets a lot of interesting science stories because I can't listen to him for more than a few seconds

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001
"Disturbing reports out of Washington this morning that every National Public Radio employee, and indeed the non-profit corporation itself, have resigned in response to allegations of sexual harassment towards each other, themselves, entire cities, and the corporation's own office furniture. One series of text messages, leaked to the online gossip magazine TMZ, reportedly relays a conversation between Morning Edition host Steve Innskeep and Lynn Rosetto Kasper, host of the nationally syndicated cooking program the Splendid Table, in which Innskeep is quoted as saying 'You see that f-ing ficcus on the fourth floor? I would F the S out of that thing if I got it alone.' To which Rosetto Casper responded: 'L-O-L. It looks like such a slut, I would love to lick this 50 year old balsamic from the Modena region of Italy off it's sweaty slut bark.' More on this, as it develops."

Also:

"I'm Glynn Washington and here is another anecdote from my weird culty upbringing and time as a Foreign Service Officer in Japan."

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

ElectricSheep posted:

... and Rob Stein is here to report on the recent Medicare crisis while tongue-wrestling four slugs into his microphone. Good morning, Rob.

Tthhhhaannkkssshh, Ssshhteeeevvveee.

who knows how the gently caress this guy got on the radio, he sounds like a snake person

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
It's time for chud safari, today we're in McWhorter, West Virginia, as we talk to the residents and how when they voted for Donald Trump, they didn't expect them to gently caress them over, but will vote for him again in 2020!

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

what if begging for money continuously is actually worse than commercials

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Iron Crowned posted:

It's time for chud safari, today we're in McWhorter, West Virginia, as we talk to the residents and how when they voted for Donald Trump, they didn't expect them to gently caress them over, but will vote for him again in 2020!

"Yeah I got a confederate flag in ma truck. its about heritage, not hate."

"Thank you sir. Live from Plattsburgh, New York, I'm Eleanor Beardsley"

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Xaris posted:

*static white noise followed by loud ding dong*
THIS
*car tires locking up skidding and crashing into a wall*
IS
*loud cat rowling*
RADIO
*spooky dramatic synth bite*
LABS
*loud big ben clock striking gong*
TODAY WE
*lightning strike*
TALKING
*loud firework exploding noise*
ABOUT
*machine gun fire noises*
AN APE
*soda can popping open loudly*
WITH
*10 seconds of long dramatic silence*
SYPHILLIS

*40-person chorus begins chanting *
syphillis syphillis syphillis SYPHILLIS SYPHILLIS SYPHILLIS SYPHILLIS

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Capitalism will starve your children, but we're going to spend the next hour talking about a mushroom broth recipe with no nutritional value and $900 worth of ingredients.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Up next we interview Eric Clapton for 20 minutes about his latest milquetoast album!

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

I'm Ira Glass and for the next ten sentences I'm going to speak in an irritating cadence that assigns undue weight to my banal statements while I slowly disappear up my own rear end

sandwiches_and_ham
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Communist Walrus posted:

I'm Ira Glass and for the next ten sentences I'm going to speak in an irritating cadence that assigns undue weight to my banal statements while I slowly disappear up my own rear end

you can't spell Ira Glass without rear end

or I RAG for that matter

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Plays a comedy sketch where someone goes on for 10 minutes about Haaaaarvaaaaard and someone's son getting into Haaaaarvaaaaard and then the punchline is Yale.

Raucous laughter fills a Victorian theater smelling of musty velvet filled with old-east-cost-money walking corpses while everyone else tries to figure out what the hell was so funny.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

*Is a guy with a regular name*

*Accepts job at NPR*

*Steps into NPR Acceptable Host Name Generating Machine*

"Reporting for NPR, this is Ezekiel Wushmanoff."

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

Zoe, we aren't getting enough of an east coast caricature vibe from you. Can you really lean into the vowel shift and vocal fry?

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

And now for a completely objective story on the feasibility of Medicare for All brought to you by our partners at Kaiser Permanente

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

I'm Tewwy Gwoss

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Space Camp fuckup posted:

And now for a completely objective story on the feasibility of Medicare for All brought to you by our partners at Kaiser Permanente

*isn't really much better than Fox or MSNBC, but tricks the rubes listening into thinking it's Objective and Fact-based by using a certain tone of voice*

NPR takes advantage of the fact that many liberals understand "lying is wrong" but don't understand that there are other ways to deceive or mislead the listener. In the case of NPR this is usually through using a skeptical tone of voice when talking about the left and just sort of implying that there are "serious concerns" about their positions (though it's often even worse than this when the topic is something related to foreign policy).

To its credit, NPR can be okay when it's covering things completely unrelated to politics.

Captain Beans posted:

who knows how the gently caress this guy got on the radio, he sounds like a snake person

Haha yeah, every time that guy shows up I'm stunned that he is allowed to repeatedly speak on the radio. He doesn't sound like a snake person to me, though; it just sounds like his tongue is massively swollen and getting in the way when he tries to talk.

Dale-Taco
Feb 19, 2009

*leans in uncomfortably close to a microphone without a pop filter*

*smacks lips and swallows*

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

*Wastes pledge dollars trying to convince people that listening to Paula Poundstone speak is fun*

“You’ve answered one question right out of ten! That’s good enough for our smug host to record a voicemail message for you! We’d like to thank our plutocrat guest Steve Ballmer, and the Chase bank auditorium, reminding you the status quo is great!”

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

gleebster posted:

I'm Lakshmi Siiiiiiiiiiiiingh.

Dr. Gojo Shioji
Apr 22, 2004

Dale-Taco posted:

*leans in uncomfortably close to a microphone without a pop filter*

*smacks lips and swallows*

NP(ASM)R

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

Up next, a panel of experts discussing the merits and popularity of almost all the Democratic Primary candidates, followed by a conversation I had with the United States finance laureate. Tune in!

Kazak fucked around with this message at 17:50 on May 6, 2019

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I can't stand Sarah Vowell's voice but she seems to read a new essay every time I pass by NPR.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
*I press the mic button and get gassed with a cloud of ether*

Dr. Gojo Shioji
Apr 22, 2004

If your name is Marco/Marko, you should be legally required to take a full second pause between saying your first and last names so people don't have to guess whether or not you're Irish.

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
I'm Ira Flatow and welcome to Science Friday, today I have with me today's special guest Alan Alda and we're going to test at what level smugness can actually cause physical harm.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
*takes big sip from my "I <3 CENTERISM" mug"

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
"Hi, I'm Peter Sagel and today on Wait! Wait!... Don't Tell Me! We're going to ask Paula Poundstone what she thinks about current events for half an hour."

"Trump smells like a fart!"

"All that and more, after the neeeewwwwwssss!"

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
"oh hey the shitheads at ohio public radio decided to do an uncritical puff piece on bitcoin ~*blockchain*~, let's run this baby because terrible dogshit is extremely on-brand for Morning Edition"

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
lol remember when frank deford got bumped from once a week to once a month

swear to god he sounded drunk on the air when he announced the schedule change

Dr. Poz
Sep 8, 2003

Dr. Poz just diagnosed you with a serious case of being a pussy. Now get back out there and hit them till you can't remember your kid's name.

Pillbug
Recent housing reports show the number of homeless across the US is skyrocketing. Next up, we have Thad Billingsly from the Heritage Foundation to give us context around these numbers and explain the upsides to "living on the go!" -- I'm Burt Baccarat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I genuinely like Ask Me Another tho