Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Helloooooo evvverrryooonnnneeee immmmmmmmmm diaaaane reeeeehm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

[review of an album by an African musician that combines "western beats" with "indigenous heritage"]

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

[review of a Jazz album and it's just like any other Jazz album but the album was made by a white lady so the review lasts 15 minutes]

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Dr. Gojo Shioji posted:

*gets fired for having an anglo name without at least three vowel replacements*

*actually fired him for being a giant sexpest for 40 years. Pretends I only just now found out and was SHOCKED*

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

[review of an album by an African musician that combines "western beats" with "indigenous heritage"]

Every. loving. Day.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Please help me welcome our special guest host, Tig Notaro

Dr. Gojo Shioji
Apr 22, 2004

Coolness Averted posted:

*actually fired him for being a giant sexpest for 40 years. Pretends I only just now found out and was SHOCKED*

Who was this? I was just being general about NPR hosts.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

I’m here with Movado Kitania and we’re talking about a play that will be in the local community theater for for three days before closing production and why this might be the most important cultural touchstone of the century.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Dr. Gojo Shioji posted:

Who was this? I was just being general about NPR hosts.

The Prairie Home Companion guy.

PHC loving sucked rear end even before it was revealed he was a sex pest. But that made me feel vindicated for hating it.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

Who What Now posted:

I genuinely like Ask Me Another tho

I was a contestant on it. They had asked me what kind of games I liked. I said anything but word games. They gave me a word game (and you don't know what your game is before stepping up to the mic). I lost.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
*is offended by own farts*

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
"don't call trump a liar because calling someone a liar is rude and it would offend our listeners"

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

today on rick steves Europe we explore the unwritten, true local heart of Rome, or as the natives call it, Rome, and visit the little known Coliseum. come join me on this adventure

Korthal
May 26, 2011

ASMR before it was cool.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

zakharov posted:

I was a contestant on it. They had asked me what kind of games I liked. I said anything but word games. They gave me a word game (and you don't know what your game is before stepping up to the mic). I lost.

This owns

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

The people before me got the easiest game in the world (something about Disney music) so I was mad for awhile.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Who What Now posted:

The Prairie Home Companion guy.

PHC loving sucked rear end even before it was revealed he was a sex pest. But that made me feel vindicated for hating it.

Tavis Smiley and Jian Ghomeshi also got fired in the past few years for stuff that was ignored for a bit too long. But yeah Garrison Kieller was kinda funny because they tried to give him every chance to quietly retire with a small mea culpa, but he insisted on raging about it and making it a huge story, so they fully scorched his show.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Car Talk was the best show on NPR

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

Pham Nuwen posted:

When Tom died of Alzheimers, Ray's quote in the press release was "I guess he really couldn't remember last week's Puzzler." Absolutely incredible.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Pham Nuwen posted:

Listening to callers try and mimic their car's strange noises was the bset.

SoR Blaze
Apr 12, 2006
I'm Ofeibea Quist-Arcton

*inhales*

DAKAAAAAAAAAR

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Coolness Averted posted:

are we talking about the guy who did On Point or the guy who did PHC? or how bout the CBC guy who liked the choke women during and not during sex?

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD fucked around with this message at 20:47 on May 6, 2019

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Goooooooooood Afternoon. Checking in again with that devastating home fire that killed.... ..... .... .... .. . 17 ... . ... ... The news is ... not good.

4:15 on the hour. Let's see how your commute is today

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

lol remember when frank deford got bumped from once a week to once a month

swear to god he sounded drunk on the air when he announced the schedule change

remember when frank deford was all "sigghh too bad he's a rapist, because he's a really good basketball player, but hey, some people are just rapists and thems are the breaks"

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
KPYS is YOUR local So/Nor/Central {state/city} radio station. Consider donating today. The Angel Investor level includes a commemorative microtote and a forehead wipe with our logo, along with advanced tickets to all our local events. All for the low price of $899 a month.

doctor 7
Oct 10, 2003

In the grim darkness of the future there is only Oakley.

SCROTO TURBOSPERG posted:

are we talking about the guy who did On Point or the guy who did PHC? or how bout the CBC guy who liked the choke women during and not during sex?

I have two incredible skills:

1) I conduct some of the best interviews you have ever heard. Honestly guests end up blowing off things they have scheduled after my interviews so the interviews can last longer. No bullshit I'm that good.

2) Really treading that line between rape and rough sex. Like so close to the line I'm basically sexually assaulting it maybe raping it idk

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

doctor 7 posted:

I have two incredible skills:

1) I conduct some of the best interviews you have ever heard. Honestly guests end up blowing off things they have scheduled after my interviews so the interviews can last longer. No bullshit I'm that good.

2) Really treading that line between rape and rough sex. Like so close to the line I'm basically sexually assaulting it maybe raping it idk

Mr President this is a Jack In the Box

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

SoR Blaze posted:

I'm Ofeibea Quist-Arcton

*inhales*

DAKAAAAAAAAAR

DAKAAAAAAAHHH

*In extremely scornful voice*
I'm Eleanor Beardsly in Paris.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

PHC was who I had in mind, and Ghomeshi was the CBC guy from Q
the best part of that joke is like everyone gets to respond "Wait, are you talking about PHC, or these other 3 guys who aren't on my local stations anymore?"
there's something about the raw power of a grant from the national endowment for the arts and raytheon that makes your dick a weapon

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
[gets sued because not all things were in fact considered]

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Captain Beans posted:

who knows how the gently caress this guy got on the radio, he sounds like a snake person

The program director of our local NPR affiliate reads most of the ad copy and is naturally pushing during membership drives, and his voice is like an effeminate Sylvester the Cat with such a bad impediment he manages to lisp on hard consonants like Ds and Ts

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
"this is planet money. i'm a stupid moron with an ugly face and a big butt and my butt smells and i like to kiss my own butt."

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I don't recall the On Point story. They were talking about Keillor from PHC. The CBC guy was Jian Ghomeshi from the show Q, who is long since fired.

Public radio, like most media organizations right now, has serious problems with sexual harassment, a stagnant administrative culture, and a lack of advancement. They're going to be in real trouble in 20 years when they realize that every editor, supervisor, and recognizable voice at NPR is now 80+ years old.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

ElectricSheep posted:

an effeminate Sylvester the Cat

SoR Blaze
Apr 12, 2006

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

DAKAAAAAAAHHH

*In extremely scornful voice*
I'm Eleanor Beardsly in Paris.

ACRAAAAAAAA

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

no bullshit, I will pledge a thousand bucks if he says heavens to murgatroyd on the air

doctor 7
Oct 10, 2003

In the grim darkness of the future there is only Oakley.

Who What Now posted:

Mr President this is a Jack In the Box

well can you orange a meeting with the manager please

Edit: I mean orange a meeting

Edit2: orrange

Edit3: put together time we speak thank you

Edit4: also ask her to wear a low cut top and no panties

doctor 7 fucked around with this message at 21:55 on May 6, 2019

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Dr. Gojo Shioji posted:

If your name is Marco/Marko, you should be legally required to take a full second pause between saying your first and last names so people don't have to guess whether or not you're Irish.

well considering that national NPR already has filled their quota of white Papists with Sylvia Poggioli, you can just go ahead and assume he's not Irish

and while Ofeibea Quist-Arcton is a great NPR name, don't sleep on Soraya Sarhaddi-Nelson

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

FactsAreUseless posted:

I don't recall the On Point story. They were talking about Keillor from PHC. The CBC guy was Jian Ghomeshi from the show Q, who is long since fired.

Public radio, like most media organizations right now, has serious problems with sexual harassment, a stagnant administrative culture, and a lack of advancement. They're going to be in real trouble in 20 years when they realize that every editor, supervisor, and recognizable voice at NPR is now 80+ years old.

Term limits for public radio!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Troy Queef posted:

well considering that national NPR already has filled their quota of white Papists with Sylvia Poggioli, you can just go ahead and assume he's not Irish

and while Ofeibea Quist-Arcton is a great NPR name, don't sleep on Soraya Sarhaddi-Nelson
Imagine saying "Papist" in 2019.