Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

poisonpill posted:

I’m here with Movado Kitania and we’re talking about a play that will be in the local community theater for for three days before closing production and why this might be the most important cultural touchstone of the century.

gently caress. I heard an interview once with Zachary Quinto about starring in an off broadway production of "The Glass Menagerie" and I just kept thinking, "Who loving cares?!" every ten seconds for like, the entire half-hour interview.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
All right, best NPR I’ve ever heard was way out in Western Kansas near Scott City (basically where the aliens land in Footfall) and it was an extremely country guy and this a direct quote I will never forget, spelling out phonetically so you get a bit of his twang “Yur lissnin to Cuntry Swing and other thangs, starrrrin In spotlight today Miss Patsy Cliiiinne” and it was like four hours of Patsy Cline and Hank Williams. Good stuff.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Communist Walrus posted:

Eastern Kansas NPR has (or maybe had) a show on Sunday evenings called The Retro Cocktail Hour that would play cabana club music from the 50s. It was a delight.

Washington DC's station, meanwhile, fills its Sunday evenings with lovely public domain detective serials from like the 1930s and they all suck balls.

Retro Cocktail Hour is still on and it’s still fantastic. He’s very fond of dipping into the (many) soundtracks from Cowboy Bebop

In fact everyone in this thread should listen to RCH right drat now

https://exchange.prx.org/series/7960-the-retro-cocktail-hour

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
The Serial Podcast always seemed like some deeply obnoxious white savior poo poo to me.

Then I saw a picture of the lady who does it and I realized that I almost certainly right. She looks like the professor who got MeToo'd for forcing herself on that grad student.

Which speaking of while trying to remember that woman's name I googled her and saw this gem on Wikipedia

quote:

Ronell is slated to return to teaching at NYU in the fall of 2019. Her course, "Unsettled Scores: Theories of Grievance, Stuckness, & Boundary Troubles" was advertised on campus with a flyer asking: "How have we secretly internalized penitentiary structures?"

These loving people never learn ANYTHING.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

MaoistBanker posted:

Was in Kansas City and one of the women on the local NPR station kept pronouncing the city of Bogotá like "pagoda" with a "b". Bagoda.

I wonder if it was on KCPR or KANU? 91.5 or 89.3?

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Soap Scum posted:

Is it this? This is what we know about A Prairie Home Companion

For some reason I can't find it on the original tumblr anymore

That is crazy accurate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo