Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
"oh hey the shitheads at ohio public radio decided to do an uncritical puff piece on bitcoin ~*blockchain*~, let's run this baby because terrible dogshit is extremely on-brand for Morning Edition"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
lol remember when frank deford got bumped from once a week to once a month

swear to god he sounded drunk on the air when he announced the schedule change

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
"this is planet money. i'm a stupid moron with an ugly face and a big butt and my butt smells and i like to kiss my own butt."

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Griz posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYLjcgxZG70

Welcome to Democracy Now, democracynow.org, The War and Peace Report, I'm Amy Goodman

democracy now has this weird, weird thing where they leap on any opportunity at all to emphasize that the person they're interviewing is an award-winning whatever. whether a journalist, filmmaker, writer, if they've won an award then by god Democracy Now's going to make sure you're aware of it.

they're also bad at interviewing and they have this terrible habit of asking someone to go into some profound anecdote or whatever when there's only a minute left on the clock

that said, i'm glad they're around, i just wish they were better at what they did

also they're not NPR

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
i got so pissed off by a stupid puff piece for "blockchain" a while back that i actually wrote the NPR ombudsman

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

FilthyImp posted:

Welcome to today's show. My guests are some centrists who won't compromise on any progress and want to drag us backwards to appease flyover country. First topic: the janitor at my condo refuses to help move heavy items. Why have unions made the American worker so complicit with inaction?

Guest 1: Perhaps if we tied immigration with job performance...

this is too loving real

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
welcome to planet money. we're here today to tell you that "cities are overrated" for "unskilled workers." what's an unskilled worker, you might ask? well, we're going to say that it's people without college degrees, but then we're going to turn around and basically say "skilled workers" is only comprised of people in finance, ~*tech*~, and advertising. what about people with college degrees who are still working low-skill jobs? gently caress you, that's what.

so, in conclusion, if you're not one of america's elite, stay out of the big cities, and go back home to your loving flyover country. what's that? who's going to do all the "unskilled" jobs in those big cities? gently caress if i know, the market will sort it out, right? this is planet money and we belong in a loving guillotine.

Farmer Crack-Ass fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Jun 21, 2019

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
the only part of that post i made up is the part where they asked or addressed at all the question of "if big cities are a raw deal for unskilled workers and you're saying it's in their best interests to stay away, who's going to make your loving coffee and janitor your loving offices?", because of course they didn't, because in the liberal centrist consensus of NPR if you were worth anything you would have bootstraps'd yourself up out of those jobs anyway

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
lol heard this on the radio this morning

democracynowdemocracynowdotorgthewarandpeacereport posted:

AMY GOODMAN: And explain that cap-and-trade bill.

REP. KARIN POWER: We are seeking to regulate the largest carbon and carbon-equivalent polluters in the state, and pricing carbon a little bit, to start with, the way that California has started, but Oregon would be the second state in the nation to price all sectors—our production, our transportation, and in our energy and utilities. It’s been a tremendous amount of work to get us this far. We have a number of groups in all major utilities in support. And it’s really just incredibly disappointing that with the climate crisis before us, we were unable to take this last step and get it to our governor’s desk.

AMY GOODMAN: So, what happens now? Oregon Democrats have tweeted out a “wanted” poster for the missing GOP senators last week. “Wanted: Fugitives from Justice (And Their Jobs). Have you seen these people? If you find them, do not harm them! Oregon needs them back at work.” Five seconds, Karin.

REP. KARIN POWER: Sure. Our session ends June 30th, this Sunday. So, if they don’t come back, all bills will be dead.

AMY GOODMAN: Well, I want to thank you for being with us.

the clock's running out and Amy Goodman wastes time talking about some goofy twitter post only to give the person five seconds to answer her question

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

ElGroucho posted:

NPR, officially sponsored by the SuccDem foundation

okay I'm no big fan of either major American political party but I've been dying to ask this of someone who uses the term "succdem":

what proportion of the American electorate do you see as your enemy

and does that figure fill you with despair

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

ElGroucho posted:

America is the enemy, pal

The whole shebang

you didn't answer the second question

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

you didn't answer the second question

also if you're not an American how many of your own countrymen are your enemy too

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

SCROTO TURBOSPERG posted:

"Hi welcome back to All Things Considered, I'm Stevinski and this is the insufferable culture part of the program where we interview a real life mandolin musician from war-torn Scotland, Mr. Jeff Jeffersby. Good evening, Jeff. When you were writing your album, "I wrote this album because my mom died and I'm sad", what would you say was the overall emotion going through your head at the time?"

"Mostly sadness, what with all the mom death going on in my life."

"There you have it, folks. I'm Stevinski for NPR"

*Jeff's album plays, and for the purposes of this post I can't tell you what any of the music ever sounds like in these loving segments because I have already switched over to sports talk or another affiliate*

steve innskeep. it's stebe inskepe. not "stvesinksky" like some russian ballerina composier

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

i believe you'll find it's........... whom :ocelot::smugbird:

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
boy all those wildfires in the amazon, sure is nuts huh? hate to get political here but i heard there's a connection to the brazilian president somehow? oh he says that his political opponents are somehow starting these fires?? wow huh, how about that. alright, over to some other irrelevant bullshit on morning edition, my name is steve inskeep and my career is a continuing mockery of the concepts of news reporting and journalism

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
motherfucking morning edition had the loving audacity to say pulling out of vietnam was a mistake

https://www.npr.org/2019/08/27/754617638/u-s-negotiators-are-closing-in-on-a-limited-deal-with-the-taliban

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
haha did you hear the car talk guys.... actually hated cars?? :buddy: