Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
I authorize a radio show run by some weird professor to only talk about obscure american music genres.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
I am going to do a story that gives a positive spin to pay day loan companies and suggest that jobs are created and that the ceo is just like the middleclass cucks who listen to the show.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

new kind of cat posted:

how the gently caress do people tolerate Ira Glass’s voice. i only ever hear it in promos and I want to dump him in a garbage bin

Today on this American life we look at the alcoholic daughter of a hedgefund manager and how she finds meaning in life. I am Ira Glass.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Communist Walrus posted:

As I slid the breathing mask over my face, shoved the CPAP machine's intake tube eight inches into my own rectum, and thumbed the power switch, it occurred to me: isn't huffing one's own farts the most immediate and direct form of recycling? By mainlining my farts, was I making the ultimate green statement? I'm Ira Glass, and today on This American Life, a story in three parts. Part one: my colleagues in the studio, who all sound like me or Sarah Koenig, have a strangely snide and passive-aggressive debate over which twee ukulele songs best define post-Trump America. Part two: Sarah Vow composes a letter to a childhood bully with the help of Lisa "Left Eye" Lopez. Part three: Marjorie Glans-Philtrum reads an intensely boring excerpt from her story about a man slowly turning into a horse.

Yes this episode sucked. I remember.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

D-Pad posted:

There was an article or blog from years ago about how much Garrison Kieller/Prairie Home Companion sucks and it was extremely funny. Just an epic rant. Over the years I have searched for it many times and never been able to find it again. Goons are good at finding things, please find this.

I believe it was written by Bryce whatshisname who fought for the kurds in Syria.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
Today on This American Life we look at a middle class women who had a panic attack and then turned her emotional toil into a successful business funded by her millionaire hedgefund dad. We also do a story where we suggest that people who claim ssi do to disabilities through manual labour are really just moochers.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Screaming Idiot posted:

*a long sustained scream of visceral dread with the rapid schlop-schlop-schlop of wet, vigorous jerking off in the background ending with a gunshot, then soft, breathless panting*

This has been Car Talk.

best show they ever had.

Also, coming up, we have Thomas Friedman and David Brooks talk about how despite only getting five percent in the polls Amy Klobuchar is the clear front runner. Aftr that we will rather then talking about how people could just eat less meat, they should instead eat maggot burgers.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Pershing posted:

Great article. Wish they'd reboot the show...maybe have Mr. Regular from Regular Car Reviews and one of his mechanic friends host.

This, and I actually hate cars. I just liked the show because the guys had so much fun.

Today on "This American Life" We talk to Jon Anstrom III a man who amde his living at develping reports on how companies can fire people deemed redundant had a relationship with Chasiti Reddick who is a assistant vice president at Nordstroms and eventually broke up. Then moved cities and then got back into contact and became good friends after they went to a conference where Jon made a presentation on how Nordstroms can increase it's stock price by firing all workers who have been on over ten years. I'm Ira Glass.

(Why does everyone at NPR who isn't the guys from Car Talk photgraph make me wish the US had it's own Pol Pot)?

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

comedyblissoption posted:

Good Afternoon this is NPR with some shithead from the New Yorker here to tell you why it's bad that *checks notes* John Bolton was fired.

We also have Thomas Brooks III from the foundation of World Democracies to discuss how Bolton made the world a safer place.

Next on American Roots rather than say look into the origins of Techno in Detroit or how the LA metal scene was instrumental in the development of Thrash into one of the most distinctive sounds in the genre. We will instead will talk to some folk singers daughter who had one song covered by Bob Dylan just like our last five episodes. (I like Dylan, but seriously).

Crowsbeak fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Sep 12, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

roarpower posted:

I am late to the thread but I love A1 and Here and Now, and Fresh Air, and a little bit of All things considered

Seriously, what is wrong with you?