Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

revwinnebago
Oct 4, 2017

I used to love NPR until roughly the Dubya era when their reporting finally gave up the ghost entirely. I kept listening until the Obama era when they just lost their poo poo.

First story I heard one day when I tried to give them another chance:

Data Scientist: "We studied the Russian Facebook stuff."
NPR: "Tell us how they swayed Republicans for Trump."
Data Scientist: "No see that's the interesting part. They're mostly trying to make us lose faith in democracy so the bulk of their efforts are just focused on confusing issues with in-fighting."
NPR: "....uhhh... k... so can you tell us how they swayed the vote for Trump?"
Data Sciencist: "Actually in our study, most of the effort was designed to create in-fighting among the left, rather than specifically promoting Trump."
NPR: "You heard it here, Russians hackers used Facebook to get Trump elected."
Data Scientist: "That is definitely not what I said."
NPR: "Thank you for coming, and if you want more news on how Trump bought the election, listen to our upcoming special, The KGB Loves Free Publicity And We Are Incapable of Irony, next week on WEEB."

Blast of Confetti posted:

car talk was good even if you dont like cars because they were having a blast and were funny which is rare for npr

The Car Talk guys were engineers at MIT whose whole purpose in life was to help people fix their own cars. They seriously tried to open a shop where they'd have all the tools and you'd just come in and aw hell I didn't think about insurance. Nevermind HAHAHA!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU