Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

I'm Ira Glass and for the next ten sentences I'm going to speak in an irritating cadence that assigns undue weight to my banal statements while I slowly disappear up my own rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

My favorite Radiolabs are the ones that end five seconds into it because I turned the radio off, which is all of them

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Car Talk was so incongruous to the rest of NPR's programming (because it was good and funny) that I have to believe it was only picked up as a prank on the network by some departing executive who loathed everyone he worked with

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Julius CSAR posted:

All right, best NPR I’ve ever heard was way out in Western Kansas near Scott City (basically where the aliens land in Footfall) and it was an extremely country guy and this a direct quote I will never forget, spelling out phonetically so you get a bit of his twang “Yur lissnin to Cuntry Swing and other thangs, starrrrin In spotlight today Miss Patsy Cliiiinne” and it was like four hours of Patsy Cline and Hank Williams. Good stuff.

Eastern Kansas NPR has (or maybe had) a show on Sunday evenings called The Retro Cocktail Hour that would play cabana club music from the 50s. It was a delight.

Washington DC's station, meanwhile, fills its Sunday evenings with lovely public domain detective serials from like the 1930s and they all suck balls.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

As I slid the breathing mask over my face, shoved the CPAP machine's intake tube eight inches into my own rectum, and thumbed the power switch, it occurred to me: isn't huffing one's own farts the most immediate and direct form of recycling? By mainlining my farts, was I making the ultimate green statement? I'm Ira Glass, and today on This American Life, a story in three parts. Part one: my colleagues in the studio, who all sound like me or Sarah Koenig, have a strangely snide and passive-aggressive debate over which twee ukulele songs best define post-Trump America. Part two: Sarah Vow composes a letter to a childhood bully with the help of Lisa "Left Eye" Lopez. Part three: Marjorie Glans-Philtrum reads an intensely boring excerpt from her story about a man slowly turning into a horse.