Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Favorite Drink?
This poll is closed.
Water 32 26.67%
Tea 21 17.50%
Soda 28 23.33%
Alcoholic 22 18.33%
I dunno 17 14.17%
Total: 120 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I've watched 4 episodes of the Witcher show and it's fun. I had to stop and watch anime for a while but I want to get back to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Needs more shirtless Henry Cavill

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Furnaceface posted:

Have I mentioned how much I hate this 3d animation Netflix insists on using for its anime?
Oh, I feel you. The thing for me is that, sometimes I think that the jankiness kinda works. Like even with the aforementioned jankiness/stilted 3d, I felt like it sorta worked in Ajin: Demi-Human's favor? I mean, again, it's a case-by-case thing. For example, I'm wishing that it sorta works with Dorohedoro as kind of a contrast to the manga's style, y'know?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Thanks for making my 2019. :glomp:

You, and Va-11 Hall-A on Switch.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
https://twitter.com/VGArtAndTidbits/status/1211882153635713025

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6m-8l3V38Ps

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

Who teh frig is thunderbolt hair sunglasses guy?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

thats air zonk you dumb motherfucker

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

homeless snail posted:

thats air zonk you dumb motherfucker

As retribution for this insult I'm spamming veffidas in your chat.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

i won't see it, there will be a new chat in 2020

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Yo I own this mag... somehow as a kid I didn't realize Electronic Games and EGM were different.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

:3:

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Wark Say posted:

Oh, I feel you. The thing for me is that, sometimes I think that the jankiness kinda works. Like even with the aforementioned jankiness/stilted 3d, I felt like it sorta worked in Ajin: Demi-Human's favor? I mean, again, it's a case-by-case thing. For example, I'm wishing that it sorta works with Dorohedoro as kind of a contrast to the manga's style, y'know?

Come to think of it I didnt mind it in Ajin. At worst it was awkward, but it was never bad like its been in Baki and Kengan Ashura. It sucks because punchman anime should be the easiest stuff to not mess up, especially given the source material, yet here we are. :shrug:

Im wondering if its some kind of patented process they feel like they need to jam into everything to make it feel like the time and money spent on developing it paid off.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Aurora posted:

The Misandry Squad is here to take away the rights to posting about ejaculation

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

It really does suck to me that while I thought I was playing along with the jokes you were dishing out and continuing a silly line of dialogue I get ambushed and accused of bigotry in multiple ways and even though my posts were clumsy and ill thought out because of anger I respected somebody elses wishes while my own concerns and lived experience were laughed at. It's very upsetting.

I thought a lot about posting this at all because I know it will also be laughed but I think its important to be honest and I'll go now quietly away.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
Instead of lashing out against someone as innocent and sweet as Sharkey you should feel honored to witness a genius like moi (2 master's degrees, published author, master playwright in both the aristotelian and brechtian tradition) heroically turn the worlds worst burn into a great riff for the fellas. Won't be reading replies by w*men.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
:yikes:

In other things, what's considered the best wired controller for the Switch? A friend wants to do a Super Smash Bros/Super Mario Party evening and she's kinda wary of wireless controllers, so I thought a wired controller might be just the gift for Candelaría/Candlemas.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

for smash, the gamecube controller adapter

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Also I'm pretty sure you have to use joycons for the minigames in super mario party.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Stairmaster posted:

im forbidding sharkey from having sex

No need to forbid what already happens lol

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Sharkopath posted:

It really does suck to me that while I thought I was playing along with the jokes you were dishing out and continuing a silly line of dialogue I get ambushed and accused of bigotry in multiple ways and even though my posts were clumsy and ill thought out because of anger I respected somebody elses wishes while my own concerns and lived experience were laughed at. It's very upsetting.

I thought a lot about posting this at all because I know it will also be laughed but I think its important to be honest and I'll go now quietly away.
I think Aurora could have been more straightforward about it and I don't think you're a bad guy but calling it an 'ambush' is a bit much, and the way multiple people are acting like I had some master plan to gang up with Aurora on the dreaded poster, Sharkopath, instead of just thinking you needed to walk it back a bit, is deeply upsetting. This wasn't some well-laid trap. I made a random post, I walked away from the thread, the conversation was still going. I had zero conversation with Aurora anywhere in that.

I just don't think the jokey, multiple posts in a row format is that good for serious conversation, and even if Aurora was being a bit of a dick you could have still realized 'okay, this is pushback, I should just like, talk to them normally about it.' That's my only thought on all this. I'm not laughing at your lived experiences or your concerns.

and i have zero idea what on earth the 'misandry' thing was about, not that you're the one who said that.

Endorph fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Dec 31, 2019

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Plz moderator this

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

and for the people who apparently think this was a multistep plan, uh, I think sharky and k. flaps are funny and made that post to give them something to riff off of, and have zero issues personally with any of the random jokes they made after that

Doc V
Mar 20, 2010

Furnaceface posted:

2019 continues to be the worst year. Please hurry 2020, we need our reset button and some good news.

Uh oh, we're seeing reports from Japan that 2020 did not arrive on schedule, it's 2019 again and it's even more hosed up now

https://twitter.com/ARuFa_FARu/status/1212044485074407424

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Namtab posted:

Plz moderator this
tbf i dont think anyone deserves to get probed or anything but itd be nice to get a 'hey, walk it back, folks' when arguments break out, yea

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Namtab posted:

Plz moderator this

I agree, probate the whole thread for a day

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Endorph posted:

tbf i dont think anyone deserves to get probed or anything but itd be nice to get a 'hey, walk it back, folks' when arguments break out, yea

Yeah I’m phone posting but agree. Everyone got their last word in and I love you all :)

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i love posting

also jokes aside, sorry sharky for the 'shut up,' i should have said 'hey, walk it back a bit' or something so it was less of an attack

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I love

grits teeth

anime

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

littleorv posted:

I love

grits teeth

anime
id love you if you had an avatar

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I wouldn’t

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

littleorv posted:

I love

grits teeth

anime

Sickening

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I love posting with my anime pals :sun:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Endorph posted:

Fine.

Since this is s'posed to be the chill thread, I was mostly hoping they'd just talk it out (y'know, like it happened last night), but OK, I'll be the bastard.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

anime posting pals gang tag???

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

littleorv posted:

I love

grits teeth

anime
*walks past you at A-Kon*
OH, this patch? Well let me tell you it's from a very obscure H-game series from 1987 entitled--
dude I was just reaching for a napkin

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Bible black

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

if it's authentic then clearly it has to be an eroge for the pc98

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

like Steam Hearts??
gently caress i've forgotten all the pc98 eroge

Adbot