Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
https://mobile.twitter.com/usopencup/status/1134116976836714503

https://mobile.twitter.com/usopencup/status/1134119531604054016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taco Duck
Feb 18, 2011

Looks like New Mexico United drew the Rapids for Round 4 up in Denver.

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

Canadian Championship Round 2

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

If I was a Forge fan, I'd be pissed right now. But I'm not so lmao.

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

I am and I’m mad but at least we’re getting an organic rivalry

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

For those who missed it (every single one of you)

Calgary and Hamilton are 1st and 2nd in the new league respectively, Calgary has won all 7 of the games they’ve ever played, cup included

Hamilton were up 1-0 until 90+4, at which point the keeper gets a straight red after all the subs were already used. An outfield player steps into net but predictably the penalty is scored and the game ends 1-1 immediately afterwards. Then there was a massive brawl.

This is the second ever time the two teams have played each other. The last game, Calgary also scored in the last play of the match to win, 1-0.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Jermaine Dildoe posted:

Calgary and Hamilton are 1st and 2nd in the new league respectively, Calgary has won all 7 of the games they’ve ever played, cup included

Hamilton were up 1-0 until 90+4, at which point the keeper gets a straight red after all the subs were already used. An outfield player steps into net but predictably the penalty is scored and the game ends 1-1 immediately afterwards. Then there was a massive brawl.

This is the second ever time the two teams have played each other. The last game, Calgary also scored in the last play of the match to win, 1-0.

This seems totally normal and definitely doesn’t make anyone think of all the match fixing that has happened in Canada.

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

Shrapnig posted:

This seems totally normal and definitely doesn’t make anyone think of all the match fixing that has happened in Canada.

The match-fixing league still exists as a separate unsanctioned rogue league somehow

The CSA does deserve some credit, ever since TFC came around and put added attention on soccer in this country, the rock was lifted and a lot of the roaches scattered. The guys behind CPL, the Ontario league and even the current CONCACAF pres are the good ones.

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

Shrapnig posted:

It really doesn't, if you had watched both games.

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
Do the Canadian games get streamed in the US anywhere?

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮

camoseven posted:

OneSoccer is available worldwide.

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

Jermaine Dildoe posted:

Don't forget it was Jose Escalante diving repeatedly and drawing a yellow that got players chippy before the red. AND he was the one talking poo poo after the game that started the fight. Normally I would be saying he's loving trash and he needs to sit the next couple of games, but he's on my team so it's good.

camoseven posted:

onesoccer.ca pretty sure the first month is free.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Azerban posted:

It really doesn't, if you had watched both games.

Why would I ever watch the CSL?

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

No one is asking you to, as Forge and Cavalry are part of CPL.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Stiev Awt posted:

No one is asking you to, as Forge and Cavalry are part of CPL.

Sorry, let me rephrase. There’s no loving way I’m watching any Canadian soccer.

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

Shrapnig posted:

Sorry, let me rephrase. There’s no loving way I’m watching any Canadian soccer.

Why comment, then?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

camoseven posted:

Why comment, then?

It was a response to someone saying “while if you had watched it”

Also the beauty of a forum is that I’m free to comment on whatever I’d like.

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

If nothing else, I'd like to compare the quality of an average CPL match to that of MLS.

Soccer is good, watch all the soccer.

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

I like CPL, come at me f*ckers

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

Jermaine Dildoe posted:

:hfive:

i'm getting impatient for the second leg

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

Stiev Awt posted:

:hfive:

i'm getting impatient for the second leg

I’m all for organic rivalries, this is tasty stuff

Beefeater
May 17, 2003

I'm hungry.
Hair Elf

Jermaine Dildoe posted:

:same:

The second leg games should be good. Wanderers are becoming a pretty solid team, lol at Edmonton for getting blown out by loving York FC, and we should get some sort battle royale in the Cavalry/Forge game.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
:siren: Fourth Round begins tonight :siren:

JUNE 11
Columbus Crew vs. Pittsburgh Riverhounds
Red Bull New York vs. New England Revolution
Charleston Battery vs. Atlanta United
Houston Dynamo vs. Austin Bold
Saint Louis vs. Chicago Fire
Real Salt Lake vs. Los Angeles FC
San Jose Earthquakes vs. Sacramento Republic

JUNE 12
D.C. United vs. Philadelphia Union
New York City vs. North Carolina
Cincinnati vs. Louisville City
Minnesota United vs. Sporting Kansas City
Dallas vs. Oklahoma City Energy
Memphis 901 vs. Orlando City
Colorado Rapids vs. New Mexico United
Los Angeles Galaxy vs. Orange County FC
Seattle Sounders vs. Portland Timbers

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

STL up 2-0...

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

The Red Bulls are leading 2-1 at the majestic Montclair Soccer Park which is actually like a 3000 seat D3 stadium with turf that’s backed by a parking garage.

You would think they might play at RBA since they’re playing an MLS team.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

gtkor posted:

STL up 2-0...

and they're playing at a D-II football stadium (a nice one, natch) on a dry campus in loving St Charles County, because the Meramec went and flooded again.

i would have gone if I wasn't running my hockey program's summer session tonight.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

It’s turn back the clock night for the Revs as Agudelo and Bunbury have scored for them.

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

Troy Queef posted:

and they're playing at a D-II football stadium (a nice one, natch) on a dry campus in loving St Charles County, because the Meramec went and flooded again.

i would have gone if I wasn't running my hockey program's summer session tonight.

It did take me longer than i would like to admit to figure out where the touchlines were

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

gtkor posted:

It did take me longer than i would like to admit to figure out where the touchlines were

i refereed a state lacrosse semi-final there last month and in our pre-game we kept having to tell the captains that we're playing to the gray lines. no, not the black ones, not the weird-color ones, the GRAY lines.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Troy Queef posted:

i refereed a state lacrosse semi-final there last month and in our pre-game we kept having to tell the captains that we're playing to the gray lines. no, not the black ones, not the weird-color ones, the GRAY lines.

Can one of you guys take a screencap of the field? That sounds ridiculous.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Red Bulls and Revs going to extra time. Revs had a guy sent off just before the end of stoppage time for a second yellow.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

In breaking news I’ve just discovered that former Premier League signing Juan Agudelo is still only 26. To be fair Stoke signed a lot of garbage around that time like Brek Shea.

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

Shrapnig posted:

I failed miserably at this, I am a bad goon

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

That is quite a goal from Bunbury

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
oh my god teal bunbury lol

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

That was a good goal but shocking defending from NY.

Edit: Charlie Davies is insufferable though. Not sure why it’s NE commentators for a NY home game.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

Shrapnig posted:

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Holy poo poo that’s bad.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Two fun collapses by the Red Bulls in three days, fucks sake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Shrapnig posted:

Holy poo poo that’s bad.

obviously, you can see my frustrations by trying to guess which one is for men's lax.