Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Troy Queef posted:

obviously, you can see my frustrations by trying to guess which one is for men's lax.

It’s has to be the one that’s just outside the 10 on the right that you can barely see but my dad played college lacrosse and I’ve been involved in the game for my entire life so that’s the only reason I can pick it out easily... I think. There also appears to be a crease in the D of the soccer field which makes me not sure anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Shrapnig posted:

It’s has to be the one that’s just outside the 10 on the right that you can barely see but my dad played college lacrosse and I’ve been involved in the game for my entire life so that’s the only reason I can pick it out easily... I think. There also appears to be a crease in the D of the soccer field which makes me not sure anymore.

it's the slightly-darkish circle on the edge of the D. the one you guessed was the women's crease--note the fan extending out and intersecting with the edge of the area. further out is a field-hockey crease.

also STLFC only went and did it. hopefully it's a good omen leading into tomorrow.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Troy Queef posted:

it's the slightly-darkish circle on the edge of the D. the one you guessed was the women's crease--note the fan extending out and intersecting with the edge of the area. further out is a field-hockey crease.

also STLFC only went and did it. hopefully it's a good omen leading into tomorrow.

Fucks sake. At least around me on the east coast they make serious changes to line color. White for football, yellow soccer, light blue men’s lacrosse, etc. The refs always say before games, “X lines guys”

Edit: Just to clarify, that one dude in blue who is all by himself is on the edge of the men’s lacrosse crease?

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Atlanta - Charleston was postponed because the pitch was too waterlogged. They're going to try to play the makeup game tomorrow at noon at College of Charleston's field, because it's expected to be in better shape than the Battery's stadium.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

SJ/Sac has been entertaining, 2-2 at halftime after a 40th minute PK by SJ to tie the game.

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

Cavalry/Forge didn't have any last minute scoring this time. However, Cavalry did get a yellow in the 95th minute for ganging up on a Forge player (didn't see who, I was sitting behind the opposite net) accusing him of trying to get his own PK. Now the Flames-Canucks rivalry is renewed with a Cavs vs. Whitecaps round.

Valour are down, but not out. If they can manage a 1-0 result against HFX Wanderers, they'll meet the Ottawa Fury in the next round. Problem is, even though Halifax has a ton of injuries, they didn't play like they were hurt last game.

FC Edmonton head coach Jeff Paulus has said repeatedly he wants to knock off an MLS club, but now he has to focus on not making GBS threads the bed against last place York9. The GTA team took advantage of their short and skinny field to take the first leg 3-1. Now the Eddies need to win by 2, or else York will continue their Wigan impression against Impact Montreal.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

trem_two posted:

Atlanta - Charleston was postponed because the pitch was too waterlogged. They're going to try to play the makeup game tomorrow at noon at College of Charleston's field, because it's expected to be in better shape than the Battery's stadium.

This didn't happen because of more rain. Now the match will be played tomorrow night at Atlanta United 2's stadium in Kennesaw, behind closed doors (they can't mobilize staff and security to be on site on such short notice).

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
Both DC and Philly field mostly full strength sides but leave their starting keepers at home. Weird.

Chris Seitz is dog foo.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Your Boy Fancy posted:

Both DC and Philly field mostly full strength sides but leave their starting keepers at home. Weird.

That’s pretty standard in cup games though.

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

Have to give backup keepers the will to live once in a while

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

SKC are playing laughably bad.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

Gigi Galli posted:

That’s pretty standard in cup games though.

Not for DC. They usually have all subs, nearly no bench, and straight up dudes that were invented. Andrea Mancini is a real person. I saw him.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
I’d say FC Cincinnasti have found their level, but their striker Purple Adi makes me nervous as hell.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Your Boy Fancy posted:

Not for DC. They usually have all subs, nearly no bench, and straight up dudes that were invented. Andrea Mancini is a real person. I saw him.

Lol is that where he ended up? We’re talking about Roberto’s son right?

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

Gigi Galli posted:

Lol is that where he ended up? We’re talking about Roberto’s son right?

Yep. IIRC that was the only game he played for DC. He was insanely bad.

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

SKC being this poo poo at defending is something else.
Guess, I'll just watch DC - Philly instead.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

TwoStepBoog posted:

SKC being this poo poo at defending is something else.
Guess, I'll just watch DC - Philly instead.

This is your fault.

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

Your Boy Fancy posted:

This is your fault.

This was also me

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

RIP Kansas City Sportings

Their defense was loving terrible

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
there’s tons of sick goal line clearances in Cinci-Lou Citeh :ohdear:

and extra time now

https://twitter.com/fccincinnati/status/1138978075352260608?s=21

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

That was one hell of an end to DC/Philly

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

Valour is getting owned lol

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Let’s gooooo Orange County (rip)

e: I can barely tell these kits apart lol

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
gently caress

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
gently caress YEAH WANDERERS

gently caress YEAH DC

LETS GOOOIO

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Kevaughn Frater scored with what was basically the last kick of the 90' to send Colorado v New Mexico to extra time.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

There's no need to make up names like that

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Max Bretos and Charlie Davies are calling SEA-POR.

$20 says they're not even in this time zone.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

And a cool and good thing just happened

E: The look on Savarese's face after that goal :circlefap:

https://twitter.com/mjaumen/status/1139010477336485889

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Jun 13, 2019

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

There, now I can tell when you're posting.

-- A friend :)

whypick1 posted:

I'm sad I don't have ESPN+ and I'm missing this. Yeeeeeesssss

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Thanks for loving that up Fernandez

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

RIP Colorado Rapids you pooped your pants in the penalty shootout

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Colorado just lost to New Mexico on penalties.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Is this the C-squad Timbers announcer calling the game? Just turned it on, and they are both really bad, but also sound like they really want Portland to win.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

I don't think that Nicholson penalty has landed yet.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

binge crotching posted:

Is this the C-squad Timbers announcer calling the game? Just turned it on, and they are both really bad, but also sound like they really want Portland to win.

whypick1 posted:

And the stream died. Lovely.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

And I guess me turning it on broke espn+, because both Open Cup games died for me, but I can still watch everything else.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

gently caress

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

Lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010