Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Is Deke coming back? I wonder.

Yes, he was signed as a permanent cast member a couple months ago, and despite not being in the episode is in the credits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE posted:

Fitz waking up to Deke might cause him to immediately die

But this version of Fitz has never met Deke, so we get to see him learn to hate him all over again, but this time with Jemma and Deke knowing he is his grandfather.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE posted:

lol Enhanced Interrogation Gemma

Its definitely reminiscent of Spider-Man's Intant Kill mode that shows up.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I actually think a Black Widow series of her putting out fires and such during the 5 year skip would be cool to see.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Proteus Jones posted:

I was thinking the other day about how the team was going to drop the "Oh yeah, we know you're a monster" to Fitz-cicle.

Keep in mind that Fitz had a whole lot other poo poo happen to him to turn him into The Doctor, this Fitz may never make that decision.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Didn't Kasius serve Xandarian Snail at his dinner/auction of Quake.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I am guessing that all this takes place before the snap. Yes, Thanos was referenced in season 5, but it didn't say Thanos was there, just that he was coming for Earth, which was basically the behind the scenes story of the first Avengers movie.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

GigaPeon posted:

Didn’t they show the New York fight at the end of last season? Maybe the events of Infinity War take place over the events of a year due to FTL travel?

I haven't gone back and double checked, but I think they only say something like "Even now Thanos has his eyes set on Earth".

I will go and check later today, but I thought the wording was enough to acknowledge Infinity War without committing to any development. You would think at least the studios would tell the TV to change the language to a certain way, without telling them the plot points.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Didn't they show an IW ship on a TV? And Talbot said he needed more power so he could got to NYC and fight alongside the Avengers.

It wasn't a recognizable Thanos ship, and Talbot wanted to fight off all aliens, bot just Thanos. Also, the IW scene in New York takes place over the course of minutes, so it doesn't make sense for him to "gear up" for it.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Strom Cuzewon posted:

Pretty much this. Especially with how sudden it was this time.

Also we need them to get back together soon for the amazing "well I married future you then he died. Also, you're scary as gently caress and tortured Daisy"

Looking forward to "Hi, I'm Deke, your grandson."

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

On the other hand, Thanos tried Earth once and was sent packing. Like Cap Marvel says, "not every planet has guys".

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Aleph Null posted:

I ship Quakesimmons and nothing else on this show.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Again, if the line "Hi I'm Deke, your grandson." isnt delivered I will riot.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Yeah, Deke was gone by then. But I am imagining Deke hooking up with Earth based team before meeting Daisy and Space Fitz.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Also Fitz had to learn a whole new language to pass as not Terran.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

RareAcumen posted:

Piper and Davis still exist so they can introduce more elements of the Marvel universe. We've got tons of Inhumans and a Chronicom. Gotta get some of the other ones in there. Maybe Davis turns into a vampire.

Davis and Blade spinoff!

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Snowflake is good with a blade. Getting housed by Mae is nothing to be ashamed of.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

sunday at work posted:

How does Shield pay for, like everything? Mack should be asking for a lot more than 2%.

Before Deke left, he gave Mack a copy of the Earth 2091 Sports Almanac.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

To be fair, the NBA has been sporting as msny aliens as Agents of SHIELD lately. Like we have literal Space Jam style athletes now, guys that are 6'11" moving like gymnasts with the speed of track stars. Its insane.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Now I am envisioning Enoch copying Janet from The Good Place anytime someone calls him a robot. "Not a robot."

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Argue posted:

Iain is a powerhouse and he should rightfully have a tremendous career ahead of him while also recurring as Fitz in the phase 4 films

They are going to need a super genius replacement for Tony!

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Aida and Enoch.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Yeah, Deke haad a great reason to leave, that he wasn't sure if the Earth would be saved, and if it was his continued existence wasn't a given. So he went off and developed future tech while SHIELD did nothing, not even letting him know "oh btw we think we averted the event that led to your hellscape ".

Can't wait for Deke to hug Fitz while Fitz is full on "what the hell..."

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Azhais posted:

Daisy will take on her comic role

He did say in an earlier season that he expected her to become director some day.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Bruceski posted:

Saw Gabriel Luna on the big screen today in a trailer.

Ghost Rider Terminator. We're screwed.

That's who that was! I kept racking my brain trying to remember what I knew him from.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Mymla posted:

But this one is even creepier.

Yeah, I feel like Deke doesn't realize that when she says she wants to see his soul pour out of him she means it literally.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

RareAcumen posted:

Future Yoyo knew that Coulson was dying but I don't think that was specifically called as the reason.

Coulson literally says exactly that when telling the team he is dying...

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Didn't they say that their solution to the fear dimension wasn't permanent?

Just get Fitz to look at other-Fitz's work and open it back up.

Easy.

The first fix wasn't permanent, but once The Doctor took over and got Daisy to quake the gravitonium into the device, it was supposedly a permanent fix.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

CornHolio posted:

I couldn't help but notice they said that Daisy and her team had been gone for five years, so five years happened between the end of last season and the beginning of this season. Is that their way of working around the snap?

They were in space for a year, the 5 year thing was how long Daisy has been with SHIELD, which makes sense since each season could be a year, except 5 which takes place over the course of days.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I still think this season ends with Mack, Fitz or Simmons (but not both), and Daisy getting snapped.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Oasx posted:

Petpeeve: I don't really like Yo-Yo and Mack being together again so soon, Yo-Yo's boyfriend just died a few days ago.

They weren't really together though, it seemed to be a sort of new thing.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I hope they spin some of them off into the movies. Would be fun to see Quake on the big screen. Also FitzSimmons making the new power armor for everyone.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

This is totally how they bring back Coulson right? Izel kept calling Coulson's body a husk, or a vessel for Quezacoatl (I know that wasn't it but can't remember the actual name). So that thing will "leave" Coulson's body (presumably to kill Izel, or will be forced out by sciene biyatch) and leave us with Coulson intact with all memories before sealing off the "Fear Dimension", which is most of him before he died.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

SubNat posted:

Alrigh, so there's one more episode, and then the 2-part finale, so just 2 more weeks of AoS until '2020'.

I'll be sad to see the series go after S7, but it's probably been my favorite Scifi show in a long time.
Just such a shame it shambled around so much in early S1, causing a lot of people to dismiss it.

Its unfortunate but is so worth the payoff.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

bou posted:

i would have loved for him to be that Redshirt who miraculously survived every supervillain attack without ever explaining how. :(

Its gonna turn out to be a leftover LMD. Davis is chill that even his LMD just decided to hang out and be an agent. Next episode starts with Davis popping in from paternity leave wondering whats up.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Invalid Validation posted:

Boy this season has zipped by.

There was only one week off this year, for the NBA finals. I think in years past there were a couple gaps for either sporting events, or just a planned break to pad out the season.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Man, that Creation monolith leaves everything on the table. Ward is totally gonna come back again, and maybe so will Aida/Ophelia.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Spoilering just in case, but this is from the last day of shooting

https://twitter.com/LukeMitchell__/status/1156608176558448642?s=19

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Digital Jedi posted:

Per wikipedia Empire State Building was the tallest building for over 40 years. So they have a large window they arrived.

They didn't say it was the tallest, just the only one above the clouds, and there was a large chunk above the clouds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

LividLiquid posted:

I don't get the significance of "hey, guys." Is that something Coulson says a lot or something?

To me it just indicated his casual nature similar to when we saw Sarge shoot the Shrike zombie three times, then looked up and said "was that too much, it felt like overkill?" which is super Coulson and not Sarge at all.