Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

Arist posted:

I love this show even if I think Cloak and Dagger is probably beating it in the season and a half that have aired since AoS was last on. Still excited, though.

Seriously, watch Cloak and Dagger.

Does Cloak and Dagger ever go beyond being standard teen drama? I dropped it halfway through season one, I tried the first episode of season two but it just seemed more of the same.
It’s the only Marvel show I haven’t watched in full, and it just doesn’t feel like the characters from the comic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I love this show, but I really did not like this episode, and it is among the worst I have seen from AoS.
The whole tripping on alien food was super dumb, and almost every single alien was just a human wearing googles or something similar. If you can afford to do good looking cgi, you can probably also afford to hire someone to do special effects make-up.
I am sure it will go back to being great next week, but it just felt like an episode of one of those DC shows that gets mass produced with little to no effort behind it.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

Rhyno posted:

I'm waiting for Fitz to reveal that he has zero crazy in his head and the Doctor poo poo was a result of 75 years in cryo so he's just fine.

They let him walk around talking to an imaginary Simmons while he was recovering from pretty severe brain damage. I think it's safe to say Shield could stand to improve with it comes to the mental health of the people that work there.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I'm happy that they didn't drag out the Fitz & Simmons reunion even further.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

Caphi posted:

So they're genderless robots but the one in the entire show that presents as female happens to be Enoch's ex.

Someone is cowards and I bet it's ABC.

Maybe I missed something but I was under the impression that Altarah used to be Enoch's boss, not that they had been in a relationship.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
The only thing I don’t like about this season is that all the aliens just look like humans. They can afford to do some nice cgi work, a special effects makeup artist shouldn’t be outside of their budget.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
Also, Fitz saved the earth from being destroyed by doing that. Not saying it was ok, but Daisy was clearly not being rational either.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
Petpeeve: I don't really like Yo-Yo and Mack being together again so soon, Yo-Yo's boyfriend just died a few days ago.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
Next season will be the last as they want to end the show on their own terms: https://deadline.com/2019/07/agents-of-shield-ending-season-7-marvel-abc-1202646416/

Oasx fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Jul 18, 2019

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
Person of Interest had an amazing last season!

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
Everyone always forgets that the Amy+Rory relationship started off extremely toxic, with Amy being mentally abusive on a weekly basis.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
The final season will start airing on may 27th.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
Enver Gjokaj will guest star as Agent Carter's Daniel Sousa in the final season. He is a great actor and I look forward to having him back playing the role from Agent Carter.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
They are doing a virtual Wizardworld with some of the cast right now: https://twitch.tv/wizardworldvirtual

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
The cast Q&A was really hilarious, wish they would have had some more time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Xa9Gw7Andk

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
This season is so good!

Also, since Endgame ruined the Sousa/Carter relationship, I am all for Sousa/Daisy

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
There will be an auction selling off props, costumes etc. from the show: https://propstore.com/MARVEL/

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
That was a great ending to a great series. I wish Iain De Caestecker could have been in more episodes, but Enver Gjokaj was a great "replacement".

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
For me season 3 was the show at its peak, season 4 came close but the framework part was a little boring and resulted in some awful writing.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I started re-watching the series, I liked the first season when it first aired, and now watching it again I actually thinks it holds up even better.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
Going to revive the thread because the latest episode of Live with Lil talks about Turn, Turn, Turn, and it features Maurissa Tancharoen, Jed Whedon, and Brett Dalton.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ha2XetF1cMs

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I love AoS but the book looked super cheesy on the show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

Edmund Lava posted:

I almost forgot about Cameron Dove’s whole subplot from AoS. What a mess that was.

I thought it was pretty good actually, though anything would have been good after all those cramped corridor scenes on the space station.