Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan
With the multiverse reveal, they can have their cake and eat it too.

Edit Vision and Loki are getting TV shows. Black Widow is getting a movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Feenix posted:

No poo poo? Do I need to get on this?! I assumed, for some reason, it was some B (C?) rate Superhero show.
gently caress it, I'm in!

Dumb kids with super powers acting dumb while surrounded by heady existential lore and cleverly overlapping themes.

Edit: I like the show a whole bunch.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan
Runaways is my least favorite, still-running Marvel Show but I still like it and I still look forward to it.

Gifted got cancelled and I'd put it slightly below Runaways, but still good.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Rhyno posted:

I never watched it but over on ST Discovery the man does more with a single look than most of his castmates can do with 20 minutes of exposition. Dude's an incredible talent.

He was absolutely the best part of Inhumans. Without him, I probably woudln't have watched the whole thing. The CGI dog was also great when they didn't have is sleeping to save money.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

stratofarius posted:

So they're just ignoring the MCU now, right? I mean, a part of me is glad that they're free to do their own stuff. The other part is kinda angry they had to stay one step behind the MCU for five seasons.

They seem to be completely ignoring the snap. Not even "the snap happened, but then we fixed it" but like they assumed the movies would 100% make it like it never happened. Which was a good guess. It's what I guessed. It was wrong.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

twistedmentat posted:

Naw, He gets back only to find out Simmons and Daisy have realized they don't need men at all.

That's almost as disturbing as Daisy and Ward.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan
I ship Fitzimmons and nothing else on this show. I want them together and I am angry at a TV show for continually doing this crap to them. Just kill them both so they can be together in the afterlife.*

* Oh no! Fitz goes to hell and Simmons goes to heaven!

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

swickles posted:

Yeah, Deke was gone by then. But I am imagining Deke hooking up with Earth based team before meeting Daisy and Space Fitz.

Do they even know for sure that Deke didn't disappear when they changed the future? I mean, we know, but do they?
All they saw was that his room was spotless and he was gone.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Jusupov posted:

The chronicom took deke because he shouldn't exist yet

Oh, that makes sense. So Fitz will get to meet his grandson after all.
I even had that thought in passing after Fitz was kidnapped, but forgot.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan
Why did everyone in space speak English though?

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Regy Rusty posted:

Shield should be proud of Deke and his entrepreneurial spirit.

As for crystal dead guy, he had no depth of character or lasting appeal so glad he was the one to demonstrate the parasite powers.

He was nice to look at.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Andrew_1985 posted:

Very true. Who do we have now?

Mac.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Namnesor posted:

This whole episode was phenomenal, but the end-of-episode exchange between Mack and Daisy is Agents of SHIELD at its absolute best; Mack still gets his dramatic TV gravitas moment, undercut with Daisy's perfectly realistic interjection and reaction

Some reviews are saying Sarge and his gang are responsible for the planet deaths, but that contradicts the show's logic. It is obviously the shrike. And the fact that they didn't say that explicitly was just to make the audience doubt what we thought we knew.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

swickles posted:

Aida and Enoch.

Aida and Enoch and Darkhold, too!

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

muscles like this! posted:

I agree with Deke that it was totally a dick move to hide Fitz dying from him.

:same:

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

stratofarius posted:

-cries a single tear remembering we'll never get to see the Bobbi/Lance spinoff-

God damnit.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan
Questions:

How long did Jemma and Fitz work on things before the rescue at the temple? Years?

Where are Yo-yo and Flint?

Why can't Jemma and Fitz know where the other is?

Why are they time traveling like it ain't no thang after the lessons from being slung into the future and back? Lessons being: you can end entire timelines and also, you might end up with duplicate husbands.

Why didn't Yo-yo break the handcuffs with her robot arms instead of waiting for Flint to chip away with a rock.

What happened to the army of Daisy LMDs?

Do you think they added in those last four minutes after finding out that they were getting a seventh season?

How did Enoch overpower Isiah?

Statements:
Deke was right.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

gey muckle mowser posted:

I'm guessing it's something like the brain scan is a replica of their brains and thoughts when they were together, and in order to be unpredictable and stay ahead of the Chronicoms they would need to stay apart and NOT work together for once.

This makes sense. I wonder how they interrogate the digital copies of Fitz and Simmons. If they torture them for information or if they let them live out a simulation where they escaped à la Stark Trek TNG's Moriarty.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Senerio posted:

I could care less about Chris, however bring back James D'Arcy.

I want her husband to have been Daniel Sousa. I will bare no compromise.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Maelstache posted:

Hmm. I thought Season 6 was solid as a whole but the finale disappointed me for a few reasons, more so when I thought about it later.

I suppose my main bugbear is the explanation for Sarge didn't really explain anything. So he's the same species as Izel and the alien part of him wants what she wants, but then why was he trapped in a human form that was obsessed with killing her? I feel like missed a vital line of dialogue or two that explained what was going on there. It just seemed like a hasty way to write off the character as the writers apparently didn't want a "watered down" Coulson joining the team, but to me this felt like a huge cop-out after all the mystery surrounding Sarge and his origins. It all pretty much went nowhere.

Also Sarge being bad all along means Mac's fundamentalist bullshit is proved right, and I'm not sure how I feel about that. I don't object to the character having strong faith, but in this case it makes him come across as downright unhinged at times.

I was also annoyed by having main characters die and then immediately reversing the situation so it has no impact, it was forgivable last time round but to do it again just smacks of cheapness.

At least the next season has a strong set-up and I feel fairly confident the show will go out on a high.

I think Fitz & Simmons are the reason I keep watching to be honest, their storyline was the saving grace of the whole season, and any excuse to have Enoch still be around is worthwhile.

I have an explanation, but it wasn't explicitly stated in the show. The only thing explicitly stated is when the monoliths were blown up real good, since Coulson was standing right there and he was afraid of dying because of the Ghostrider deal negating the TAHITI serum -- that the monolith energy created another Coulson across space and time. Why not Deathlok who was also there? I don't know. Why would "fear of death" create an imperfect clone? I don't know. Does him being a creation of monolith energy explain why Izel and he are connected or why her homie Patchouli was stuck in his body? I don't know. Why was Izel able to easily take over bodies but everybody else needed a body that had been shriked first? I don't know.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Codependent Poster posted:

Daisy also seems to be someone that could easily be moved to the films. Disney seems to really like Chloe Bennet and she's voicing Quake in a lot of their cartoons and things. So I don't think they're really concerned about giving her a love interest to wrap up the series.

She's half-chinese and she's young. That's money in the bank for years to come.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan
I feel like it started out as "Earth is the best candidate, thanks for all the useful Intel Enoch!" and ended up being "gently caress you, Enoch! We're taking over Earth regardless of how many other planets there are just to spite you."

Even though they don't get angry.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Azhais posted:

A sledge hammer ending is an ending

Trust me; I know what I'm doing.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Crashbee posted:

As someone who also just finished this season, it was very frontloaded and you can spot exactly the point where they ran out of money. Some of those props in the last couple episodes looked like they belonged on a '60's Dr Who episode.

:agreed:

Collapsing Farts posted:

Just finished the last season. It wasn't very good and it was time for the show to end.

The chronorobots seemed incredibly loving stupid and incompetent considering all the resources they had. The big bad robotlady is finally defeated by....

...a drop kick from a lady in a vent. She's just sort of kicked out of frame and out of the show. lol

Then they upload empathy to the robots (somehow? By using a human sticking her hands in the robot interface and then powering her with energy rays from another lady and... and that just instantly makes the robots good guys. Oh.. ok? :psyduck:

Daisy blows up in a spaceship and is floating around in space but survives anyway. Ooook then, sure whatever at this point I've completely stopped caring.

The show had a few good seasons. And some bad ones. It was overall pretty enjoyable. :)

Man, the Chronicoms were so dumb. None of that made sense.
Why go back just 100 years if you have a time machine? Go back 250 years and colonize The New World with Chronicoms; live in harmony with the native americans. gently caress, Enoch was here 30,000 years so go back then.
Or, go back in time and save your own drat planet, loving dumbasses.
For that matter, why Earth? There are countless other planets out there. And they are loving machines. They could live in a wide range of climates that would be impossible for humans. gently caress, go colonize Mars or Venus or something. I hear Pluto is nice.
Why were all Chronicoms converted into Hunters? You need other skills to thrive, y'all. Case in point: Enoch consistently outsmarted you because he refused the "upgrade".

I figured they uploaded Enoch into the Chronicoms since they said "friend, as I have always been". Kora's ill-defined powers being used to boost the transmission was just comic-book logic so I let that slide.

The last season was a fun ride but if you think about it too much, it is dumb. But I still enjoyed it very much and I'm sad to see it go, but glad it went out on its own terms.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Senerio posted:

I was 100% apathetic to him during his entire introductory arc, except maybe slight disappointment that he was the new character instead of Tess who I thought was more interesting.

Then he came back to the present day and was 100x more interesting.

Same.
Zima. Using future knowledge to become a Silicon Valley hotshot. Having more heart than the entire rest of the team put together. Lemons for Daisy.
He was very relatable once taken out of the Grim Dark Future.