Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I love this show even if I think Cloak and Dagger is probably beating it in the season and a half that have aired since AoS was last on. Still excited, though.

Seriously, watch Cloak and Dagger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Oasx posted:

Does Cloak and Dagger ever go beyond being standard teen drama? I dropped it halfway through season one, I tried the first episode of season two but it just seemed more of the same.
It’s the only Marvel show I haven’t watched in full, and it just doesn’t feel like the characters from the comic.

Cloak and Dagger gets weird, especially this season.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I assumed it was at 9 but I checked the guide to be sure and it's happening now! Glad I did that!

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

well, this is already crazy

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I have no idea what's going on, but we at least have a fresh new supply of redshirts

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Codependent Poster posted:

Yeah I missed the first 10 minutes too. What happened?

Enoch and Fitz-icle are floating in space when Enoch says he has to calculate Fitz's survival, then the ship they're on gets cut apart by a giant spinning beam.

ONE YEAR LATER

Piper, that one dude I don't remember the name of who shows up with Piper a lot, Daisy, and Simmons are out in deep space and get hailed by hostile aliens. Daisy beats them up, takes some fuel, and Simmons asks if they know where Fitz is.

Back on Earth, Mack and a new batch of disposable agents look at a map with some algorithm Simmons left behind. Something happens and they send May out to some coordinates. At the site, a dude walks through a wall and another guy gets stuck halfway through. The survivor shoots down May.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

WHAT

e: yeah, i figured it was that

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Ha, even the "We'll return in a moment" isn't Phil anymore

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

cant cook creole bream posted:

Why was that wall on next to that basketball field anyway? It looked super out of place.

Shade, maybe?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

On that note, the basketball shattering into porcelain was a great moment. Instantly sold how wrong and weird what was happening was.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

If you're in the US and willing to pay or use the free trial, Hulu has it.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

FITZ AND ENOCH: BEST FRIENDS

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Seems like maybe the cost-saving method this season is flashing back and forth between two of the three running stories: Fitz and Enoch, Daisy and Simmons, and the Earth team. Though I expect that to die down once they reunite.

Also, WHERE'S DEKE

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

GLOSS posted:

Man, they're gonna get high as hell off those weird candy things aren't they?

Look who called it!

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

this OWNS

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

rip davis

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

This episode is so good

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

This is a great loving episode

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

DEKE

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

PunkBoy posted:

They finally topped the cruelty of the Obelisk swallowing up Simmons.

Nah, I don't think that can ever be topped, that was the last shot of the entire season

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Favorite episode is still probably the last one of the LMD pod. We got Simmons brutally killing Fitz's doppelganger out of that one.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Oh my god he's a Silicon Valley douche, this is perfect

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

:rip:

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I love Deke so much

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

oh my GOD

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Caught up for the first time all season :toot:

Next episode looks dope as hell.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I'm a little surprised that Sousa didn't just merc Nate on the way out.

Anyway, now that I'm caught up, an underrated moment from last season was Deke getting with Snowflake, then Daisy suddenly realizing she's a murderer and having her locked up and we just never see Snowflake again.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

That was... some blood

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

nooneofconsequence posted:

So what happened to actual Shield?

The Lighthouse had to get abandoned eventually so they could find it in Season 5, right?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Just fountains of blood

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I KNEW SOUSA SHOULDA DONE IT

HOLY poo poo DICHEN LACHMAN

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I think the fact that Simmons hasn't had that much to do this season has kind of dulled the impact of no Fitz so far, if that makes sense? I'd probably find myself missing Fitz more if Simmon's role was more substantial because their interplay is so good, is what I mean.

I'm mainly just finding myself interested in the dynamics of Deke and Sousa with the rest of the team.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I hope they bring back Ward and have Daisy just shoot him three times in the chest again, in keeping with their decisions to just gently caress with history

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Loops inside loops!

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

What I personally think is happening is that she loses her memories after a certain number of loops? But Coulson remembers everything? Maybe?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Oh, it's death that resets her memories

Ahahaha, Coulson is done

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

The numbers?!?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?