Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

That's the kinda weird alien weaponry I wanna see more of! Energy blasts, lightning EMP balls and lasers are all so done by everyone already.

RareAcumen fucked around with this message at 02:35 on May 12, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Edmund Lava posted:

I think Iron Fist worst crime was teasing a season I’d actually want to watch at the end of the series.

Dexo posted:

Fam I was so loving livid when it finally got to the good poo poo and was canceled.

What are you guys talking about?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

nooneofconsequence posted:

Iron Fist ended with Danny dual wielding Iron Fist guns and Colleen with a Fist-powered sword.

Dexo posted:

It seemed like the next season was gonna be Immortal Weapons.

He was off wandering the world and looking for Orson Randall.

I only remember them going to K'un Lun and finding it blown up with like dynamite and a bunch of dead Hand ninjas everywhere. Giving Danny chi guns sounds like the best move. Bonus if he's scared when he shoots them too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HquFyRcQHGQ

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Goddamn, Joel Stoffer is such a loving trooper. I don't know if they had to do something or if he can just push all those veins in his head out naturally or not but gently caress, I don't think I've seen anyone look like they're working harder in a scene than him so far.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

nooneofconsequence posted:

Ming-Na is 55. What the gently caress.

You think that's nuts? Check out Paul Rudd or George Chakriss sometimes.

1999 vs 2019

I used to make jokes about Keanu Reeves never aging but apparently I was vastly ill informed beforehand.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Well once they have Silver Surfer around for a few episodes, Galaxy is won't feel that out of place comparatively.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Just starting the episode up and I guess that

Portals

Isn't just a theme in Endgame after all.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Piper and Davis still exist so they can introduce more elements of the Marvel universe. We've got tons of Inhumans and a Chronicom. Gotta get some of the other ones in there. Maybe Davis turns into a vampire.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

drat, if only the fast character could've accelerated fast enough to snatch that alien out of his mouth.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

About drat time Mack could actually win a hand-to-hand fight. Dude's big enough to be a teenager on Riverdale.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

GigaPeon posted:

Mack kinda sucks. "Don't tell me you're loving my ex cause then I'll have to make minor personnel changes also I'm probably still in love with her".

Way to make the hard calls, man. Way to go.

Seemed more like 'Look I'm your boss. Now, if you tell me that you're dating someone on your squad; officially, I'll have to separate you two as per S.H.E.I.L.D. rules. Don't tell me, and I can look the other way.'

X-O posted:

The best way to explain the deal with Yo-Yo would be that she doesn't have super fast reflexes because she's not a speedster like other speedsters. It's just always a conscious effort when she uses her powers. That way the powers are still useful but she's not overpowered or stupid depending on the scene. I don't think Agents of SHIELD has ever treated her powers like that but it's how they should do it.

That bird was crawling in his mouth even faster than someone pulling the trigger a hallway away.

Also, what's your avatar from? The character looks cool.

Can't wait for Enoch to dive in front of one and swallow it whole.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Kheldarn posted:

The same place as their username: X-O Manowar.

Oh, I had no idea. I can't tell what's inspired by a thing or just random nonsense for a username.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

twistedmentat posted:

I really hope they don't put Daisy with Deke.

Deke doesn't strike me as a guy willing to change himself for her. Seems more like puppy love. I could easily be wrong though, but I can't see him being totally out for blood devoted to Inhuman rights for her.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Oh my god, the Framework bit is going to be a regular thing.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

The infinity stones sure are huge in this show

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Rhyno posted:

That was insane.

I loved the moment when they realized they could call on their own memories for help.

Was really hoping it would've happened faster. As soon as Leopold's goons showed up, they dive out of the way, and Jeffery Mace and Michael Peterson step up to face them, flanked on the other side of the hallway by Ghost Rider and Deathlock.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

McTimmy posted:

Hell, they have whatever the hell Sarge is right there and everything to offer a perfectly probable explanation too.

It's gonna be Tripp instead.

twistedmentat posted:

If this had been a CW Show Daisy would be "I Know Ward is dead and his body is being hosted to the parasite that founded Hydra, but I think there's still good in him! So instead of taking opportunities to otherwise remove his threat, I will constantly try to talk to them and give them time to escape, call in help, or set off their trap."

Very refreshing to have 'loving sever!' as an option respected in a TV show for once.

RareAcumen fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Jun 23, 2019

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

e:doublepost

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

OB_Juan posted:

Possibly a consequence of FitzSimmons' or the chronicroms' eventual time meddling.

No, it's the price he had to pay to the Rider.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

stratofarius posted:

It's not like Brett Dalton is doing much these days.

Aww, man that's a massive shame.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

swickles posted:

They are going to need a super genius replacement for Tony!

Iain De Caestecker as Teen Tony feels like a weird direction to take things but hell, considering his work on this show, I'm all for it now.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

twistedmentat posted:

I got it, Daisy Hunter and Enoch.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Well, if he hasn't rejected that and tried to do better than him, I hope he dies fast.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

twistedmentat posted:

I really love that they don't hesitate to show how powerful Daisy is. Other shows there would be a big thing bout Firemouth there but she just fucks him up with out any effort.

May already took him down by herself so that one's not surprising. I'm just waiting for his second power up, unless them corralling the two Shrike together failing catastrophically was the whole plan and Jaco trying to break free was just a red herring.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Elentor posted:

Edit: Also in any other show the fire breathing guy would have accomplished something. I loved how cocky they were about their plan just to be foiled by Quake's casual bump in the head by breaking a door.

No, she beat him off screen, the door didn't really do much to him.

I'm glad Agent Khan survived too.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

twistedmentat posted:

I love how hard the door hits Fireguy. Like WANG. Daisy does not gently caress around.

I wish my last name was an onomatopoeia too.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

ApeHawk posted:

I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop about Sarge, because there's no way this new lady introduced more than halfway into the season is the big threat.

Also, they mentioned that the Shrike don't like the cold. Does this mean that an atom bomb will supercharge them or something.

It means that Donnie Gill will finally rise from the ocean and save the world.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Well I guess since they haven't mentioned them at all since, the shards from last episode that froze and fell out of the Quinjet aren't a threat anymore.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

sunday at work posted:

You can use the Rider to defeat Aida, but it's going to burn out whatever TAHITI did to bring you back and you'll die, that's the deal.

Future Yoyo knew that Coulson was dying but I don't think that was specifically called as the reason.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

So much stuff got wrapped up here you'd think it was the end of the series.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

You just know they're going to Secret Empire this and for some reason Good Coulson is going to show up again and fight Sarge.

Also, a hearty congratulations to Alphonso Mackenzie for finally managing to win a fist fight.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Davis is just tired from all those puffs he ate. Jemma's not tired because she only had one and Daisy's not even human to begin with.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Chokes McGee posted:

I uh don’t think that’s happening now :stare:

I still doubt that's the end of Sarge. He'll show up again and be unphased to see his corpse in a room.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Codependent Poster posted:

Turns out Grant Ward had a twin brother also named landfill.

Alternatively; the Chronicoms use Fitz and Gemma's memories to create a new operative to assist them in tracking those two and Enoch down again: Grant Ward

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Loser_Rex posted:

Anyone think we'll get a bigger name character or even a bigger name cameo in the last season?

To further push how little this matters along the movies, Tony and Steve are gonna show up at the end. Tony's gonna be missing an eye and some of his fingers and one arm's gonna be a stump and Steve'll be regrowing a leg but that's just to show how absolutely little this show affects the movies in reality.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Elentor posted:

I see what you did there

I didn't and still don't

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Props to Piper for basically shrugging off that gunshot wound to the entire palm of her hand.

Rhyno posted:

I don't like Izel.

Kinda feels like the point so far.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

twistedmentat posted:

She does move while keeping it safe, so that was good.

Oh no, I mean she maintained her composure better than Deke did and all that happened to him was he got choked a bit, the puny tomato of a man.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Davis is gonna come back with a sweet red trenchcoat, white hair, and a skull-hilted sword that at the end of the season he'll finally name... Rebellion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Megillah Gorilla posted:

One of the things I really love about this show is how often it deliberately avoids the standard plot bullshittery many others fall back on to create lame tension.

When May and Daisy came into the control room and started talking about being possessed and that the Shrike lady could jump from body to body, they said, "Now we know this sounds insane but please-" and cut off because Mack was already locking the place down because he trusts his people.

Man didn't even loving pause.

If you wanna throw them off now, try telling them good news.