Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!
So there's no way to stream this now without a cable subscription or waiting a week?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

Weird, this morning Hulu said the episode wouldn't be available until the 18th. Glad that appears to have been a glitch.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

Polaron posted:

They're Heralds for Galactus, aren't they?

That’s a guess I have but that seems like a Phase 4/5 kinda thing.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

swickles posted:

I am guessing that all this takes place before the snap. Yes, Thanos was referenced in season 5, but it didn't say Thanos was there, just that he was coming for Earth, which was basically the behind the scenes story of the first Avengers movie.

Didn’t they show the New York fight at the end of last season? Maybe the events of Infinity War take place over the events of a year due to FTL travel?

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!
I had honestly forgotten about Yo-Yo's powers until she strapped the guy down. But I was still surprised she stood there for what felt like forever while he went all Ozzy Ozborne on that thing.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I figured it was just the warning Mack gave Keller at the beginning of the episode coming true. He said when you're involved with someone you work with in the field it effects your ability to make snap decisions, you freeze up instead of acting. You're instinct to not cause pain to someone you care about slows your thinking just enough to cause bad poo poo to happen anyway.

For the space birbs, any other comic reader getting a organic Phalanx vibe from them?

Mack kinda sucks. "Don't tell me you're loving my ex cause then I'll have to make minor personnel changes also I'm probably still in love with her".

Way to make the hard calls, man. Way to go.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

Inspector 34 posted:

I'm gonna just assume you all are refugees from another universe cuz I haven't seen a Zima in the wild since like 2005

They cgi'd it in post to reinforce the idea that this is still pre-snap.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!
Why do Whedons always take the pure and beautiful from us?

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!
Runaways the show is so different than the comic

Comics: Our parents are evil? Let’s run away and have adventures!

Show: Our parents are evil? Oh poo poo this brings up a lot of complicated feelings! I’m not super ready to cut them out of my life entirely! Also I’m not sure they’re actually evil. It seems like they just caught up in some bad poo poo. Maybe we should work with them?

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

twistedmentat posted:

in AoS its pretty clear that Red Skulls Hydra and the US Hydra were completely separate heads. I could see the US branch being more focused on economic and political power opposed to Red Skulls military and scientific focus.

Wasn't one of the gags from back them, the US Hydra getting upset that people kept calling them Nazis?

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!
Lol that the ancient HYDRA cult dies just cause they pissed off a speakeasy owner.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!
So is it possible the 'patiently waiting in a bar' Enoch is the one who's gonna kidnap the crew in present day?

Also what theme will the bar be next week?

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

Slashrat posted:

I saw them as a in-universe justification for most of the episode being more over-the-top than the show usually is; Deke is retelling events with a little embellishment. It does kind of get undermined by the main story progressing directly into the next story without a cut to the end of the debriefing though.

But they did the "You wouldn't believe me if I told you" line. They're both time traveling super spies. The unbelievable thing is that he started a cover band? (since he hadn't gotten to the part of the story where he was training them)

Also the lady's nametag said "R. Glass". Ron Glass shout out?

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!
Fitz is dead or in a Framework situation. "We need Fitz's BRAIN more than ever!" they say!

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

endlessmonotony posted:

The cold hard vacuum of space takes about five minutes to kill you.

I was kinda more worried about her being at ground zero of some kind of dirty bomb situation.

But then again her Costume does provide Protection.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

Azhais posted:

I feel that by "empathy" they mostly meant turning all the archaeologists that had been turned into hunters back into archaeologists

Personally I'd have liked to see the chronicoms in the outro while they were at it, living in a little chronocom town like New Asgard

Agents of SHIELD was concluded by firing a space based Love Ray at their enemies. You can't convince me otherwise.

Also, I'm not super smart. Fitz basically used Ant Man tech to pull a Rick and Morty and found a universe that didn't suck for everyone to wind up in, right?

Except they did "right" by the old universe by pulling the sucky part with them?

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!
Apparently Chole Bennet and Dove Cameron are gonna be Live Action Powerpuff Girls?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

Mymla posted:

I looked it up her character name and everything on wikipedia and I completely don't remember it at all. I should probably do a full series rewatch soon.

She was the one who chopped Yo-Yo’s arms and her mom was a Hydra lady who wanted her to get Gravatonium, I think?