Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

Charles Gnarwin posted:

I fell off about halfway through Cloak & Dagger season 1 but maybe I should revisit.

Did Runaways get better once they actually ran away?

I’m only a bit thought the second season, but yes, the show did get better one they ran away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Runaways got a lot better after season one, and the Gifted has a lot of neat ideas.

I think he only thing I can say positive about Inhumans is Hawaii is pretty. The whole show seemed like an excuse for he cast to go on a vacation.

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

I think Iron Fist worst crime was teasing a season I’d actually want to watch at the end of the series.

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

It would of been nice to see immortal weapons. Except they decided to have a turbo sexist and vaguely racist version of Bride of Nine Spiders in season one.

God gently caress Iron Fist.

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Fitz and his sex bot buddy

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

At least the best episode without Kyle Maclacklan.

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Argue posted:

What am I missing here?

Lemons were rare in Deke’s time, and giving someone lemons was a sign of affection.

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

I caught that too. I wonder how long Ming Na waited to pull that reference

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

If we’re posting wish list for the final season it would be neat if they acknowledged that Daisy and Matt Murdock probably knew each other from St Mary’s but I doubt Netflix Marvel will ever be mentioned again.

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Mallory Jansen convincingly pulling off four different character in that arc was some really underrated magnificence.

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

swickles posted:

Is it actually axed, or just axed for Hulu so it can be announced as going on Disney+?

Would be weird since Disney owns both and Disney+ comes bundled with Hulu.

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

LividLiquid posted:

Hadn't heard that, but if it's true, Hulu doesn't come bundled with Disney+, so their incentive would be to get people to sign up for the new thing.

It’s an optional package. Pay he extra 5ish dollars and get Hulu and ESPN+ with all the other stuff. They definitely have an interest in making people want Hulu.

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

LividLiquid posted:

Right, but my point is that a Disney-produced show not going to Hulu can mean it could still be going to Disney+. The fact that they also own a piece of Hulu is immaterial because Disney+ is their new service and they need it to be successful. Also, they own the whole thing, unlike Hulu.

They completely own Hulu now. It was split between Disney, Fox and NBC, but obviously they own Fox now and bought out NBCs share recently.

Edit: related articles spelling this out https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/news/2019/05/14/disney-bought-hulu-whats-mean-cord-cutters-binge-watchers/3665629002/

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

cant cook creole bream posted:

Maybe they're just excited for Breaking2.

I hope they realize it has nothing to do with Breakin 2: Electric Boogaloo.

Cause I didn’t

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Season one was pretty lame in that they never actually ran away, Nico didn’t have magic powers, and they removed the on connection to the greater MCU from Doctor Strange.

Season two was better since they ran away, Nico has magic powers, and they connected it to the greater MCU via Doctor Strange.

In summary Runaways is a land of contrast.

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

AoS side stepped the snap by going into the future, than just went ahead and side stepped the pandemic by going to the past.

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

The most unbelievable thing to me is that a former Silicon Valley guru didn’t know what cocaine was.

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

So they’re just leaving Vijay at the bottom of the ocean huh?

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

howe_sam posted:

James Gunn got me thinking about this when he was talking about Palm Springs on Twitter, has there ever been a bad time loop story?

Endless Eight

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Mylan posted:

I'm a little foggy on why they needed to hide Fitz so deeply in the first place. Seems like the Chronicoms could have just come back to any time to invade Earth with or without him, like they just did now?

Fits knows how to build a time machine so he’ll always manage to stop them if he’s alive.

Also irrational annoyed at Sousa referring to the plan as a Hail Mary”. The immaculate reception didn’t happen until 1975. Unless...

Azhais posted:

Sousa is actually Fitz in one of those total recall suits.

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

muscles like this! posted:

Neither character name dropped the other they just each said the same name of the orphanage they grew up in.

The orphanage they mentioned isn’t from the comics either, it’s exclusively an MCU thing. Daredevil and AoS made a few references to one another, it’s a shame nothing came of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

I almost forgot about Cameron Dove’s whole subplot from AoS. What a mess that was.

Anyway I’ll watch that garbage.