Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gelf
Oct 1, 2005

Wake up and smell the psychosis!\

Was initially hoping they'd find a way to have a Ward cameo but it was superb as was, and his appearance may have overstuffed the episode causing it to lose a bit of focus!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gelf
Oct 1, 2005

Great season overall, I'm going to be slightly bummed not watching one this weekend!

I don't know the specifics of the situation, but this season felt like it bounced back from the cost cutting which took place with Season 5. I had been wondering to what extent this would continue to be noticeable in the show's production after all the cheap to film 'gloomy sci-fi corridor' Lighthouse sets used in S5. Season 6 didn't seem so similarly constrained to me and I'd be curious to know whether it was a case of clawing back some budget due to the fact that it has done pretty drat well as a show overall given its circumstances, or if they learned how to make do with what they got in a clever, more experienced, way. They seem to know exactly when to spend the VFX money so that the necessary things are done well.

Looking forward to one last season, especially considering those potentially Jarelvous rumours going around!

Gelf
Oct 1, 2005

RareAcumen posted:

Yeah, I wish they'd brought back all of the remaining characters for one last bang for some reason. Daisy's dad, Deathlok, Robbie Reyes, etc etc.

I read that post-game interview that was posted earlier (https://tv.avclub.com/the-agents-of-s-h-i-e-l-d-showrunners-reveal-the-plan-1844694196) with the showrunners and it seems like everything ultimately just boils down to budget when it comes to this show and missed opportunities.

I don't even know if I would call them missed opportunities as much as doing the best they could with what they had available to them. I enjoyed hearing everyone's contempt for the corridors as this was an ongoing source of amusement between my husband and I whenever the lighthouse was pretty much the only set in use for long stretches.

I'm glad they managed to pull off what they did, interesting to know they wanted more, and it was like spinning plates in terms of project management - looks as though the 1930's attire and props cost way more than I would have reasonably expected which might help explain why it eventually stalled out in the 80's - but as an 80's kid I was more than happy with this outcome. I had assumed that most US network shows have a similar situation to the BBC where there's just a huge warehoused amount of historical props and clothing built up over the decades that any show can lease for a reasonable in-house cost. Is this not the case for US production? I know that sets get destroyed very quickly but never gave much thought before to period props and costumes.

gently caress I'll miss this stupid, adorable, brilliant show - please give us at least one associated "What If" D+!

The aforementioned article also makes it clear there was always a balancing act in fuckery from both ABC and the MCU bosses - so hopefully without ABC in the mix, something additional can come from this. Still if nothing happens, I remain satisfied - we essentially got two endings with Season 5 and Season 7.

Gelf
Oct 1, 2005

Sirotan posted:

Here's all the items

Shotgun axe off to a strong start!

Gelf
Oct 1, 2005

Oasx posted:

I love AoS but the book looked super cheesy on the show.

My husband and I miss the cheap rear end AoS Darkhold prop. It's like a gothy teen going through a wiccan phase made their own book of shadows with the power of sparkle magic and supplies from the local arts and crafts emporium.