Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Feel like y'all forgot about Akira

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55lPgEYVVWc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H00EE5uu0Po

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Jojolands Ch. 14

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Really into this, the whole concept is insane.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I really like their boss also being their school principal, every one of her explanations comes with the energy of someone who's been trying to teach dumbass teenagers for far too long.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Funky Valentine posted:

I really like their boss also being their school principal, every one of her explanations comes with the energy of someone who's been trying to teach dumbass teenagers for far too long.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I can't believe they're stealing the deed to the JoJoLands.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

i love these dumbass teens.

automatic stands on the other hand are getting real old.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

I love that this was their plan, despite having a guy who can turn invisible

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
he's pretty bad at being invisible to be fair

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
Usagi is my precious failson

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

He's Charmingman's failson now too, as far as the clerk at the Hawaii state capitol knows

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

His fake ID has Obama's name on it. :allears:

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

It fits, I doubt Obama is good with a knife.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

It was that or McLovin.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Usagi is also my charming failson. I can't wait to see his next gently caress up

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

A lot of people forget the Hussein but it's really important

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I retract my previous post about thinking Charmingman would be too much for the group dynamic, he's turning out to fit in pretty well.

Now that we have five, it's clear that this group is perfectly suited for capers. We have the muscle (Jodio), safecracker and forgeries (Dragona), camera disabling and electronics manipulation (Usagi), muscles sleight-of-hand (Paco), and disguises (Charmingman).

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Over/under on the reason Usagi spilling his cup noodles being the stand that is attacking him?

I do enjoy Paco and Jodio showing up at the end as Usagi isn't breathing and going 'welp everything looks great they're relaxing on the ground.'

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Usagi spilled his spaghetti because he is a dipshit and I love him

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
mom's spaghetti

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

mom's spaghetti

vomit on his sweater already :stare:

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Hellioning posted:

Over/under on the reason Usagi spilling his cup noodles being the stand that is attacking him?

I do enjoy Paco and Jodio showing up at the end as Usagi isn't breathing and going 'welp everything looks great they're relaxing on the ground.'

If you look at the security guards hanging out around them on these pages/panels, they're not drawn like Araki usually draws hapless NPCs, they're drawn with [resolute stares], usually the mark of a Stand user(s) lol.

Top of page 16 especially.

They don't say a single word, "Those guys didn't give a poo poo!", Charmingman continuing to stare at them even after they walk away... my Stand User radar is going off.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Page 13, Meryl Mei mentions something about land and gods that made me think of my post from last year:

SKULL.GIF posted:

I bet whatever the deal is with the lava rocks is related to Pele's Curse. When Jodio took the rock from Rohan, the diamond stopped teleporting back into Rohan's hands. Does the lava rock prevent things from being stolen from whoever possesses the lava rock? If that's the case, then that's the mechanism for how Jodio becomes filthy rich, he steals but can't be stolen from.

So if the lava rock brings back things it touches to the owner of the lava rock... what happens if you leave Hawaii while holding the lava rock?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Hellioning posted:

That was my assumption as well. If I had to guess, it probably targets people who feel like they're engaging in fraud of some kind.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

President Valentine set up a division of the Secret Service to prevent stand users from committing crimes in government buildings.

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

SKULL.GIF posted:

If you look at the security guards hanging out around them on these pages/panels, they're not drawn like Araki usually draws hapless NPCs, they're drawn with [resolute stares], usually the mark of a Stand user(s) lol.

Top of page 16 especially.

They don't say a single word, "Those guys didn't give a poo poo!", Charmingman continuing to stare at them even after they walk away... my Stand User radar is going off.

Good spot, though we've seen background or minor characters before that really look like Stand Users. Two of the guards are also hanging around when they are reading the deeds as well. My original thought was that this a guard Stand that attacks the reader of the land deed.

Side note, Howler's little logo is really loving cute (not sure if its actually a logo or Araki just doing the drawing images in text boxes again).

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

The user will be the building itself.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Have we ever had a Stand that's a building?

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

does the guy in dio's mansion count

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Close enough.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

If Kenny G counts then we can probably include Poor Tom and Strength. Also maybe the sailboat guy from Vento Aureo.

Why are we spoilering stuff from Jojo1?

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

SKULL.GIF posted:

Why are we spoilering stuff from Jojo1?

to not give context to the spoilered post being replied to I assume

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.

does ozon baby count

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

radio tower guy from part 4

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

If you think about it, a cruise ship is just a building that floats

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I'm sure anything can have/be a Stand. The sun was once a Stand.

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

grieving for Gandalf posted:

radio tower guy from part 4

Yeah, Superfly was essentially a building.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I feel "can X be a Stand" will always be "yes". Everything can be a Stand. Every person around you may be a Stand user.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

This is why stands are so much fun as a narrative tool. They can be attached to anything, and do anything, there are absolutely no rules.

Maybe each island has a stand, and they're toying with the humans living on them. The series ends with Jodio punching a volcano :allears:

Wait, no, he has rain powers, he erodes it!