Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

JoJo Vs The Volcano

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Blaze Dragon posted:

I feel "can X be a Stand" will always be "yes". Everything can be a Stand. Every person around you may be a Stand user.

More stands need to be stand users.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

The cleaner is going after Usagi purely because he's pissed off about the ramen. He has nothing to do with the rocks or any other aspect of the plot

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

GOGOGOGOGO *Dragona feels a rustling in their pocket, where a Howler business card Mei Mei gave them is. The little wolf on the logo turns to look at them, with weird stand eyes and a cigar in its mouth* "CHUMIIIIN! Not so fast, nyukkas!"

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

I can't believe they're stealing the deed to the JoJoLands.
And now Usagi is becoming the Jojolands as punishment for their hubris.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Nuebot posted:

that's either Anubis or Killer Queen with Sheer Heart Attack depending on how you view it

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Nuebot posted:

grieving for Gandalf posted:

that's either Anubis or Killer Queen with Sheer Heart Attack depending on how you view it

Cheap Trick :v:

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Anubis is a Person User

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Asterite34 posted:

JoJo Vs The Volcano

I'll take another JoJo character in Tekken, yes.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I like how they didn’t want to stand out so they brought fuckin Tingle with them

By the way I didn’t see anyone mention it yet, Howler is probably a reference to a King Crimson song

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

You know what, I don't think the skin thing has anything to do with the Stand attack. I bet the skin is why Usagi wears that ridiculous bodysuit.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Blaze Dragon posted:

I feel "can X be a Stand" will always be "yes". Everything can be a Stand. Every person around you may be a Stand user.

What if our entire universe is a stand

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

…am I a stand?

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

RatHat posted:

I like how they didn’t want to stand out so they brought fuckin Tingle with them

Haha, I forgot I wanted to make this point too. One of the funniest loving things in Jojo's ever when Meryl says for them not to do anything that would cause witnesses to remember them. Stand Users in Jojo's are like the 100% most witness-able people. You've got mf'ingTingle, a guy with heavy face tattoos combined with a low cut shirt showing more tattoos and a big bow, and Dragona in like a one-piece bathing suit, a huge D patch, and a circlet of flowers. Yeah, those guys will fit right in at the land registry office.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Universe Stand, Universe Stand, size of the Entire Universe Stand...

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

Killer Queen was also a house for Stray Cat.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

SKULL.GIF posted:

If you look at the security guards hanging out around them on these pages/panels, they're not drawn like Araki usually draws hapless NPCs, they're drawn with [resolute stares], usually the mark of a Stand user(s) lol.

Top of page 16 especially.

They don't say a single word, "Those guys didn't give a poo poo!", Charmingman continuing to stare at them even after they walk away... my Stand User radar is going off.

They're not dressed like total tossers though?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

goblin week posted:

They're not dressed like total tossers though?

They have the cop aesthetic so you could argue that they're dressed like peak tosser

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Gully Foyle posted:

Haha, I forgot I wanted to make this point too. One of the funniest loving things in Jojo's ever when Meryl says for them not to do anything that would cause witnesses to remember them. Stand Users in Jojo's are like the 100% most witness-able people. You've got mf'ingTingle, a guy with heavy face tattoos combined with a low cut shirt showing more tattoos and a big bow, and Dragona in like a one-piece bathing suit, a huge D patch, and a circlet of flowers. Yeah, those guys will fit right in at the land registry office.

Counterpoint: it's Hawaii

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

And they both own so we need more :colbert:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Gully Foyle posted:

Some Stand Users are pretty mundane looking! I'm reminded of Gray Fly at the start of Stardust Crusaders or even Steely Dan having the presence of mind to wear a disguise.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
I'm still a bit disappointed that Soft & Wet didn't pull some Sheer Heart Attack hijinx

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
If steely dan just stayed disguised and acted astonished at what was happening he probably would've killed them all right there

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
Yeah but then he wouldn't be able to vogue all over the place.

PsychoInternetHawk
Apr 4, 2011

Perhaps, if one wishes to remain an individual in the midst of the teeming multitudes, one must make oneself grotesque.
Grimey Drawer

Gully Foyle posted:

I love it anytime the heroes need to figure out Who's the Stand User and are unable to pinpoint the one guy in the crowd of normies who looks like a clown on meth. It's that guy! You know it's that guy because he dresses like you!

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Sometimes there's that one guy who dresses exactly like Jotaro.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Hey come on now, sometimes the Stand Users just look like this, you can't always just pick em out of a crowd like DIO or Rohan.

Mobile clicking text

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
I think Gray Fly and Steely Dan might have been the only actual assassins dio found, what with trying to blend in and fool the others by acting like a bystander. Everyone else dio just found at various swingers and bdsm clubs and was like "here have a stand and come with me"

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

DIO could have saved a lot of time and arrow by getting Agent 47

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

I think Gray Fly and Steely Dan might have been the only actual assassins dio found, what with trying to blend in and fool the others by acting like a bystander. Everyone else dio just found at various swingers and bdsm clubs and was like "here have a stand and come with me"

Also an especially evil baby, don't forget him.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Waffleman_ posted:

But only if he didn't try to give 47 a stand. If he got a stand it'd only be a matter of time until he started confronting targets face to face and lecturing them about how his stand works

E: oh yeah, evil baby was more professional than most of dio's assassins lmao

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

As we know, 47 is already a master of the Spin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6do1-cmcQHE

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

It's probably because I've seen so much JoJo now that they don't stick out like a sore thumb anymore in comparison but I don't feel like High Priestess, Bastet, N'Doul, D'Arby (Senior), and Hol Horse were that out of line. You give Mountain Tim the right color palate and I think he'd fit in just about anywhere in SBR.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

But only if he didn't try to give 47 a stand. If he got a stand it'd only be a matter of time until he started confronting targets face to face and lecturing them about how his stand works

He does that anyhow! He can't stop himself from going "It's nice to meet you, Mr. Target. My name is Mr. Kills You....wouldn't it be a shock if I....killed you?" And then Mr. Target goes "ohoho what a card" before you throw him off a balcony

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

The fake Captain Tenille/Dragon/whatever his actual name was, too.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

The fake Captain Tenille/Dragon/whatever his actual name was, too.

To be fair that was a disguise, who knows what he wore normally

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

DIO had two stand users who were perfect impersonators. rubber soul and oingo. in the end how you look isn't the most important thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Begemot posted:

This is why stands are so much fun as a narrative tool. They can be attached to anything, and do anything, there are absolutely no rules.

Maybe each island has a stand, and they're toying with the humans living on them. The series ends with Jodio punching a volcano :allears:

Wait, no, he has rain powers, he erodes it!

Joseph already punched a volcano. Come up with something new, loser.