Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

VIA Hollywood Reporter

quote:

The much maligned trailer for "Loqueesha" in which a white man pretends to be a black woman to get in on a radio gig, was revealed this morning to be part of an elaborate viral campaign for Boots Riley's upcoming sophomore film project "Jeremy Saville wins an Oscar."

"I gotta admit, he got me," comedian Patton Oswalt tweeted this morning after the reveal of the second "real" trailer for the film premiered on Youtube. He was far from the only major public personality to fall for the prank.

"That was the idea," said Riley. "White people have been writing black characters for the sake of white people for so long I decided to just push it a little further."

"I mean [expletive] Green Book won an Oscar"

The film, which follows Jeremy Saville (as himself) making a patently racist film that finds widespread applause in the white film community, is part of the quickly developing oeuvre of the young writer/director Boots Riley.

"Probably the hardest part was finding a dude willing to put his name on that thing," Riley admitted. "Very happy Jeremy was willing to put himself through a weekend of hell for that."

"But hey, maybe now he will win an Oscar," Riley added

You can check the trailer for the "real" movie below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

So what do you think? Viral Marketing gone too far? A good prank?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
I am glad I made this thread because I found out Nathan Rabin is still doing his flops articles and I now have a huge backlog to enjoy

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

if there is one benefit to Rabin's ongoing coverage on Saville its that the offensive ideas of Loqueesha are not unique to that film