Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!

rudecyrus posted:

I've had the displeasure of reading the entire thing and it feels like the product of some 14-year-old on DeviantArt going through an edgy phase. Every page might as well have an aside by Millar saying "Are you offended yet, readers? Look how DARK and HORRIBLE this is!" Once you get past the shocking subject matter, though, there's pretty much nothing there. The terrible art undermines any emotional impact, there are no sympathetic characters, and the plot is little more than "bad things happen." The only really memorable thing about the comic is Troy Hicks looks like Mean Gene Okerlund.

Yeah, I read this (for free online after five seconds of looking for it because nobody wants to make money off of it) after Lord of Booty brought it up in another thread and had pretty much the same reaction. It's an empty shitpost of a comic that doesn't even bother using disturbing imagery most of the time, just characters talking about dark poo poo in a golly gosh gee-willikers voice. That voice is the main evidence that, as OP stated in that thread, this is terrible comedy and not horror as Millar tried to rebrand it later.

Also lol that it took three years to publish four issues of this tripe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

In retrospect, once I realized how toxic and reactionary this and issue three are beneath the shock jocking, I did actually find a scrap of anger to throw at this dipshit.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

This is what the comic reminds me of right now.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

Here's my impression of the Pussywhisker subplot: