Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
Lmao thanks for this thread. I'll be honest that when I opened it I thought it'd be something a bit off but hardly enough to warrant the commentary blown up bigger than it is. But no it's really that bad. I admit it's funny to read about as there's the extra step of removal where what's funny is that anyone thought this would be in any way something worth publishing, but I cannot imagine reading it in the first instance with anything less than horror.

I'll add I think Millar does have a few worthwhile things in his vast bibliography aside from Red Son. Old Man Logan despite having a bit of edgelord poo poo was mostly a fun Western romp. His two Jupiter's series were both legitimately good and despite looking like they were going to lurch off the rails into Millarland a couple of times they never did (and the tribulations of a homosexual character in the 50s were actually dealt with well with there even being a touching moment when the character was pushed out of the closet before the other heroes who seemed ultra conservative but was accepted without question- who woulda thought?) Starlight was a fun pulp sci fi mini. Ultimate are flawed but not awful, as others have said.

This is bad enough I think it's fair enough to expect him to display some contrition over it, though. That and his Authority run - gently caress that took a big poo poo over everything. Thank God Brubaker picked up the pieces...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU