Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Ardennes posted:

It was just crickets, and you probably should read up on the US and Cuba because it is kind of important.

That's not what was reported. A noise recorded by some sufferers turned out to be just crickets but noises were not associated with every case, this was in the 9th paragraph of the story.

[quote="‘Sonic attack’ on US embassy in Havana could have been crickets, say scientists"
]
Not all of the affected diplomats reported unusual sounds when they fell ill, and descriptions of any noises differed from person to person. Some recalled grinding or cicada-like sounds, while others experienced buffeting like that caused by an open car window.
[/quote]

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Jun 24, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Ardennes posted:

So some were hearing crickets and others we’re being blasted with sonic devices but both showed similar symptoms?

I will cut to the chase and say it isn’t believable unless there is some actual evidence at hand. Btw that goes for other types of “misinformation.”

Im not saying it was real. I'm saying some people affected heard what turned out to be crickets therefore everything was crickets is faulty logic if not everybody heard that noise. I don't even care if it was real or not. Like you said, it was an excuse.