Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

Lion of Judah protect you, Jah be praised.
Hey OP, you're not the only one who can take some time off, I'm on vacation too! Check it out!

There were dried fish bones several inches deep right next to the shore. I'd post the video of me crunching the bones under my shoe and the subsequent slightly viscous green water that seeps up afterwards, but my brother kept talking while I was recording.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
now thats a beach!!

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Chinatown posted:

wow OP sucks your stuck on a tropical island and extra day!!!! maybe start a gofundme :shrug:

So I did the wheelin' and dealin', and threw in the crying wife into the barter, and got a decent discount off a room at one of the super hermetically sealed shiny fancy sandals-esque resorts right next to the airport.

All inclusive is nice, but it's weird to me the type of person who would fly so many miles to visit a little jewel of an isle in the Caribbean and then hide in a resort that caters to all your needs, but basically keeps you from experiencing most of what the island and it's people have to offer.

That said, my feet are cover in some awful bites from the place we originally stayed at, so, lol, maybe I am the idiot.

Burt Sexual posted:

This is why delta is #1. Gg op though lol. Why’d you miss it? JUst do the full self own

I'm gonna be real with yall.

I'm gonna be fuckin' real.

This "airport"...

This "international airport" that takes 4 to 5 flights a day I imagine, is smaller than a regional airport back home.

Check on should have been like 30 min.

I was legit just naively relaxed about arrival and check in and so we had a chill rear end lunch here:

And you know what... it was a very good lunch.

Not miss your flight good, but then, what can you do.

We got there 55 min before the flight, and delta there said suck a dick. Cut off was 5 min ago.

And that was that.

We spent an hour and a half regrouping and then negotiating and setting up new accommodations, then another 20 once we were in our new room at the c0conut bay resort on the phone with delta and they set us up for a flight tomorrow.

Jim with Delta
Good guy.
One love.
Bless up, Paul.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

KillerJunglist posted:

Hey OP, you're not the only one who can take some time off, I'm on vacation too! Check it out!

There were dried fish bones several inches deep right next to the shore. I'd post the video of me crunching the bones under my shoe and the subsequent slightly viscous green water that seeps up afterwards, but my brother kept talking while I was recording.

HELL YEAH!!!

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Chalkece posted:

Post a pic of that kassava cake pls

This is for you, buddy:

Kassava bread hut

Assorted kassava bread

Fruity kassava bread!

Real local chocolate kassava bread!

The last 2 lonely little kassava cakes. Bought 'em. Ate 'em!

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Lol great thread, op. Safe travels home. Rarely do people get to experience both types of vacations. I did all inclusive this year in punta Cana. It sucked balls. Normally do it on my own.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Dang those look good. Are they kinda light and fluffy like a regular cake or are they more dense like a cornbread type thing

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Holy poo poo, can I upload and post video?

Yall need to hear this country music band they have up here right now.

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.

Burt Sexual posted:

Lol great thread, op. Safe travels home. Rarely do people get to experience both types of vacations. I did all inclusive this year in punta Cana. It sucked balls. Normally do it on my own.

Just curious, what is it about Punta Cana that attracts the olds? People I work with had their mileage pass 50 and suddenly Punta Cana was *the* place to be.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

They had a roasted pig at dinner.

Lol

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

The Bananana posted:

Lol

:hellyeah:

if u made your flight you wouldnt have eaten this OP!

think about it OP!!!

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Wrath of the Bitch King posted:

Just curious, what is it about Punta Cana that attracts the olds? People I work with had their mileage pass 50 and suddenly Punta Cana was *the* place to be.

I normally go to Aruba (and get probated by Jose) we were just trying a new thing. That sucked. And I’m not old. Fuckstick.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

The Bananana posted:

Lol

That looks scary/delicious. Heck yeah. Tell me you asked for the snout or tail, something rear end end at least.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Burt Sexual posted:

That looks scary/delicious. Heck yeah. Tell me you asked for the snout or tail, something rear end end at least.

Whole roast pig is amazing.

"Whole Hog" BBQ is a thing in parts of the US. Its the superior form of pork IMHO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39ii9LvnDoE

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Chinatown posted:

Whole roast pig is amazing.

"Whole Hog" BBQ is a thing in parts of the US. Its the superior form of pork IMHO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39ii9LvnDoE

This is awesome, still watching, but here we dig a hole in the ground and cook it there. At least what I’ve seen.

E whoa this is way better than bullshit I’ve seen made.

Burt Sexual fucked around with this message at 02:40 on May 22, 2019

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

motorsci taxi in bangkok

numberoneposter fucked around with this message at 08:15 on May 22, 2019

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

so from my trip in april

this was mai bike -borat

on phucket

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

mai other bike ehhhh -borat

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

numberoneposter posted:

motorsci taxi in bangkok

Jesus christ, idk if I could take my motorcycle through that!

Balls of steel, #1

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Burt Sexual posted:

I normally go to Aruba (and get probated by Jose) we were just trying a new thing. That sucked. And I’m not old. Fuckstick.

I've heard they have a bad problem with beach vendors soliciting drugs and prostitutes to tourists in the Dom. Did you experience that?

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

KillerJunglist posted:

please tell us more about the salt on sea!

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Please help me remember to get on an airplane today.

The time approaches...

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

The Bananana posted:

I've heard they have a bad problem with beach vendors soliciting drugs and prostitutes to tourists in the Dom. Did you experience that?

I did not.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

I'm past security.

Ah.

Well, we got solicited just once, at night, by one guy on a bicycle who offered to take us to "a party" and show us a good time. Lol.

bomb
Nov 3, 2005

are you going to drink whiskey the whole time or switch to tequila

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

bomb posted:

are you going to drink whiskey the whole time or switch to tequila

My guy, I straight up have been "drinking" since about 10 a m. This morning, but to no avail! The stuff at all the bars at the all inclusive resort was uh... well.

I don't want to be mean to them, they were very nice to help us out but...

Lets just say I've been drinking since 10, and I never got even a buzz.

bomb
Nov 3, 2005

The Bananana posted:

My guy, I straight up have been "drinking" since about 10 a m. This morning, but to no avail! The stuff at all the bars at the all inclusive resort was uh... well.

I don't want to be mean to them, they were very nice to help us out but...

Lets just say I've been drinking since 10, and I never got even a buzz.

hey barkeep, keep those long islands coming.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Airplane mode.

See y'all in hell!

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Atlanta goons, please represent!

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

The Bananana posted:

Atlanta goons, please represent!

I bet customs felt your balls. You offered that right?

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Lol.

No, they were actually super chill about security. But customs nearly poo poo a brick when I said we had brought back rum, after my wife said we had nothing to declare. Lol.

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

Lion of Judah protect you, Jah be praised.

The Bananana posted:

please tell us more about the salt on sea!

Not too much to report, I'm helping my brother move from San Diego by loading up the truck and driving his car (10 ft truck so no car hitch). We had a couple extra days so we went around the city and mountains, behind which is the Salton Sea.

I'll upload the video after I can edit out the dialogue, but it's not as bad as people make it out to be. The surrounding city is fine, albeit small. You have to get close to the water before it hits you.

The homes (trailer and mobile) aren't bad about half a mile from the shoreline but as you approach they get worse and worse until they are all graffiti and broken windows.

The smell is amazingly awful. It's a combination of sulphur, various agricultural chemicals and dead fish baking in the sun. It makes staying by the water really hard unless you don't breathe through your nose or maybe have a mask.

The water is murky but kind of pretty. It's very blue and still has some life (in the form of algae bloom and, I've been told, two very hearty species of fish). There's also a lot of garbage and structure foundations dotting the sand/bones, but I couldn't even begin to figure out what they were.

I do reccomend checking it out if you happen to be in socal. It's eerily quiet by the water and if you know about its resort past it feels like a weird ghost town but in beach form.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

KillerJunglist posted:

Not too much to report, I'm helping my brother move from San Diego by loading up the truck and driving his car (10 ft truck so no car hitch). We had a couple extra days so we went around the city and mountains, behind which is the Salton Sea.

I'll upload the video after I can edit out the dialogue, but it's not as bad as people make it out to be. The surrounding city is fine, albeit small. You have to get close to the water before it hits you.

The homes (trailer and mobile) aren't bad about half a mile from the shoreline but as you approach they get worse and worse until they are all graffiti and broken windows.

The smell is amazingly awful. It's a combination of sulphur, various agricultural chemicals and dead fish baking in the sun. It makes staying by the water really hard unless you don't breathe through your nose or maybe have a mask.

The water is murky but kind of pretty. It's very blue and still has some life (in the form of algae bloom and, I've been told, two very hearty species of fish). There's also a lot of garbage and structure foundations dotting the sand/bones, but I couldn't even begin to figure out what they were.

I do reccomend checking it out if you happen to be in socal. It's eerily quiet by the water and if you know about its resort past it feels like a weird ghost town but in beach form.

This is so weird. I’ve read it before here. But it ain’t normal ecological thing, right?

Meh I went a read about it. Pretty interesting imo
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salton_Sea

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

KillerJunglist posted:

gently caress, Moving sucks. You're a good dude to help ya bro move.

How did the lake die?

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Also, I'm stuck waiting for a layover at Atlanta, and I'm struck by just how easily a disease could like spread around the world and kill us all via air travel.

Like the movie Contagion.

Which was a good-rear end movie, imo.

I hope its available as an inflight film

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

The Bananana posted:

gently caress, Moving sucks. You're a good dude to help ya bro move.

How did the lake die?

Read the wiki I posted you absolute imbecile

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Burt Sexual posted:

Read the wiki I posted you absolute imbecile

Sir, if I wanted to read, I would have gone to clown college

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Alright gents.
once again, into the wild blue yonder
Burt, if you say something mean, I hope my plane crashes, and you feel bad later.