Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

brasstassels
Oct 26, 2007
https://twitter.com/itvfootball/status/1130141062767316992?s=19

lmao how generous of them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

If they meant business, they'd stump up 40,000,001 GBP.

Or whatever the extra charge Newcastle pushed on Liverpool for Andy Carroll was.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
I would even doubt a 40m bid from us as that is the entire rumoured transfer kitty if we dont get into the CL and we have bigger problems that need addressing. Would be great if we signed him though!

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?

Bacon Terrorist posted:

I would even doubt a 40m bid from us as that is the entire rumoured transfer kitty if we dont get into the CL and we have bigger problems that need addressing. Would be great if we signed him though!

He’s a good player, but you should be signing centre backs till you find a good one.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Kylian Mbappe posted:

It’s a very important moment for me, I come to a turning point in my career. I have discovered a lot here, and I feel it is maybe the moment to have more responsibility.

I hope that can perhaps be at Paris Saint-Germain, that would be a great pleasure. Or maybe elsewhere with a new project.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Only place he’ll go is real right? Would love to see him in the orem

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Apparently he wants more control at PSG and wants more input in transfers and was quoted saying "Don't bring in any more Brazilians"

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Isn't that basically a demand they either sell him or sell Neymar.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
who is the bigger dressing room cancer between pogba and neymar

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

CyberPingu posted:

Apparently he wants more control at PSG and wants more input in transfers and was quoted saying "Don't bring in any more Brazilians"

What a racist.

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
if i were psg i'd try to keep m'bappe and sell neymar to some dumb italian club

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

advanced statsman posted:

if i were psg i'd try to keep m'bappe and sell neymar to some dumb italian club

I don’t think anyone in Italy outside of Juventus could afford Neymar and Juve might not be able to pull it off either.

Maybe he’ll go to City as a big middle finger to FFP and the general concept of competitiveness.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Juve have to pay off Allegri's remaining salary and then hire a new manager; they wont be buying loving Neymar. Just sell him to Madrid and be done with it.

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
have madrid shown any real interest in buying neymar?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

advanced statsman posted:

have madrid shown any real interest in buying neymar?

Probably not but when has that ever stopped them from throwing money in the trash for publicity purposes.

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
i don't think neymar will turn out to be the next romario or figo, and somehow I bet most Madrid fans hate his guts, but I mean, you're right

Myssu
Sep 19, 2012

What a shitshow PSG is that a 20 year old player can demand any input on transfers, with and prospect of success.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Byolante posted:

who is the bigger dressing room cancer between pogba and neymar

Neymar for sure

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

What was the point Brazilians went from fun skill tricky spice bois to horrid ego cheating cunts?
That corner?

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

Brony Car posted:

I don’t think anyone in Italy outside of Juventus could afford Neymar and Juve might not be able to pull it off either.

Maybe he’ll go to City as a big middle finger to FFP and the general concept of competitiveness.

Neymar would die in the Premier League. Some rough bastard from a just promoted club like Sheffield would break him in half with a tackle, and then everyone would laugh at Neymar even though he'd actually gotten hurt because at every prior touch he'd flopped like an air-drowning fish.

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

habeasdorkus posted:

Neymar would die in the Premier League. Some rough bastard from a just promoted club like Sheffield would break him in half with a tackle, and then everyone would laugh at Neymar even though he'd actually gotten hurt because at every prior touch he'd flopped like an air-drowning fish.

Sheffield united dont have any rough bastards

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

habeasdorkus posted:

That happened in the 14 world cup I think. He got crunched and everyone laughed and then he had fractured a couple discs in his spine lol

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

greazeball posted:

That happened in the 14 world cup I think. He got crunched and everyone laughed and then he had fractured a couple discs in his spine lol

That's precisely the injury I was thinking of when I was writing.

TelekineticBear! posted:

Fair enough, insert a more appropriate team and it still works.

I love transfer season, nothing like 3 months of various Spanish outlets talking up how Real are going to sign everyone and how nobody who actually knows Mo Salah realizes it, but he's put in a transfer demand so he can go play at the Bernabeu.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

greazeball posted:

And then Brazil lost 7-1, it was the best World Cup.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

TelekineticBear! posted:

Literally a bloke called bash 'em.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

habeasdorkus posted:

You should watch a Ligue 1 match sometime

don't actually do that, but they really do kick the poo poo out of each other

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

trem_two posted:

You should watch a Ligue 1 match sometime

don't actually do that, but they really do kick the poo poo out of each other

Huh, that's on me then for relying on stupid stereotypes.

Lots of Liverpool fans right now trying to talk themselves into not wanting de Ligt, with some of them saying that Lovren is a perfectly acceptable option at centerback and ignoring that we played Fabinho and Hendo at CB this part season due to injuries. I know we're not going to end up paying the 100m Euro that de Ligt is going to go for, plus the Raiola soupcon, but if Lovren is on this team in August I will be disappointed.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
why on earth would any one not want de ligt

liverpool won't get him, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't be trying really hard to do so

sell matip and lovren both to help pay the fee for de ligt, sign some old dude on a free (I'm looking at you vermaelen) to be the 4th CB

bewbies fucked around with this message at 15:33 on May 21, 2019

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Joe Gomez is really good though and young and he should be fit for the season. I can see prioritizing depth in attack over CB when that CB is rightly going to cost an assload.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Yeah, I understand that too... and Gomez is still young. But a van Djik, de Ligt, Gomez setup at CB not only sets you right now but also probably for the better part of the next decade. Especially when you think that in 5 years you'd have a 24 year old de Ligt, 28 year old Gomez, and 25 year old TAA as 3/4ths of your back line with a 33 year old VVD providing depth.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards
Matip was really good in the back end of the season and Gomez is great, but I'd rather not be relying on Lovren after that, especially as Gomez will sometimes play fullback.

We need depth in the squad, so I'd like to see a couple of players come in that can play in a few positions. Ideally a CB who can play at fullback too.

Not heard anything about Milner. His contract's up, yeah? He leaves a lot of gaps in the squad.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Apparently there's a big offer for Fatty Gonz from China. Juve would be stupid not to get that done as fast as possible.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

bewbies posted:

why on earth would any one not want de ligt

liverpool won't get him, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't be trying really hard to do so

sell matip and lovren both to help pay the fee for de ligt, sign some old dude on a free (I'm looking at you vermaelen) to be the 4th CB

I think there’s an issue with how much De Ligt would cost in terms of fee and wages versus his likelihood of starting and how much the money needs to be spent elsewhere. You have a good point, but the timing is a little unfortunate given how much good fullback cover and better bench attacking options are needed.

Liverpool do need to have a plan for Lovren, though. We know the guy’s ceiling and fitness issues and he’s getting older.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

habeasdorkus posted:

Fair enough, insert a more appropriate team and it still works.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

habeasdorkus posted:

Yeah, I understand that too... and Gomez is still young. But a van Djik, de Ligt, Gomez setup at CB not only sets you right now but also probably for the better part of the next decade. Especially when you think that in 5 years you'd have a 24 year old de Ligt, 28 year old Gomez, and 25 year old TAA as 3/4ths of your back line with a 33 year old VVD providing depth.

United tried to plan for a decade when they paired Jones and Smalling. It's not a smart game to play.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Gigi Galli posted:

Apparently there's a big offer for Fatty Gonz from China. Juve would be stupid not to get that done as fast as possible.

Sarri will want to keep him tho

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

trem_two posted:

Sarri will want to keep him tho

You think this would be true still? I guess Montella kept dragging Kalinic around with him.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Gigi Galli posted:

You think this would be true still? I guess Montella kept dragging Kalinic around with him.

If Sarri does come in, it wouldn't surprise me at all if Gonz stayed. I think the market for him will be limited, and it might be tough to get him to agree to a transfer to a smaller club or to China or whatever. So it might just be the path of least resistance to let Sarri have his guy.

I guess it could also depend on whether Ron would be ok with Gonz coming back into the squad.

In other Juve news, there are multiple reports that Juve have agreed personal terms with SMS and are negotiating with Lazio on a fee. I'm sure Lotito will absolutely insist on loving them over in that regard.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

An absolute DeLigt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

trem_two posted:

If Sarri does come in, it wouldn't surprise me at all if Gonz stayed. I think the market for him will be limited, and it might be tough to get him to agree to a transfer to a smaller club or to China or whatever. So it might just be the path of least resistance to let Sarri have his guy.

I guess it could also depend on whether Ron would be ok with Gonz coming back into the squad.

In other Juve news, there are multiple reports that Juve have agreed personal terms with SMS and are negotiating with Lazio on a fee. I'm sure Lotito will absolutely insist on loving them over in that regard.

Fair enough. I figured his wage demands would be enough for Juve to try to get rid of him at all costs, since he'd be backup at best, 3rd or 4th choice at worst. Imagine benching Kean for him, for example.

And I hope Lotito rakes Juve over the coals for Milinkovic-Savic but he wont because he is a big bitch.