Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Yeah I can’t believe they’d attack their [pick probably any starting or rotation player] like that

What? You realise the agent doesn't play for Liverpool right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

to both of these i say:

well done, he's 13

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Smalling's going to Roma for a season-long loan according to Sky Italia.

Originally United wanted Roma to buy him for €20m, when Roma said no to that, they wanted a €3m loan fee and a €17m buy clause for next summer, and when Roma said no to that as well, Ed Woodward was finally able to corner them and muscle them into a €3m loan deal with no obligation to buy.

Hell of a businessman.

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
I don't understand that at all unless Smalling pushed for it himself. He's United's best and most injury free back up option

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
smalling isn't very good but is better than lindelof

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Paperhouse posted:

I don't understand that at all unless Smalling pushed for it himself. He's United's best and most injury free back up option

Eau de MacGowan posted:

smalling isn't very good but is better than lindelof

:frogout:

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
Who do they even have besides Lindis and Maggy?

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

Der Shovel posted:

Originally United wanted Roma to buy him for €20m, when Roma said no to that, they wanted a €3m loan fee and a €17m buy clause for next summer, and when Roma said no to that as well, Ed Woodward was finally able to corner them and muscle them into a €3m loan deal with no obligation to buy.

Hell of a businessman.

Lol, they tried the same thing with Lovren and were told to do one.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Der Shovel posted:

Hell of a businessman.

is woodward some deep cover agent for liverpool or city or some other rival

only explanation imo

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Xabi posted:

Tuanzebe, Jones, Rojo

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Xabi posted:

Bailly, Jones and a pigeon-chested Marcos Rojo

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
Liverpool are refusing to send Kent on loan as well, with him posting some bible verse jibes at them because of it. Even Chelsea loaned out their good youngsters

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty

sebzilla posted:

Tuanzebe, Jones, Rojo

webmeister posted:

Lol.

(Mods, I’m sorry but it is the correct response)

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Lôl at Manchester United

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Bape Culture posted:

Lôl at Manchester United

Løl

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

has anyone said lOle

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Apparently some as of yet unnamed Italian club is buying Darmian too.

Good riddance.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Neymar to Barca is finally fizzling out it seems. PSG rejected 150 plus Dembele (who hasn't even agreed to leave) and Rakitic. They seem to be firm on the 220 to save face and will likely have to keep Big Mar around for at least another 4 months.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

webmeister posted:

Forgot about Bailly, is he dead? Big Axel seems to be third choice now anyway.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

BWV posted:

Neymar to Barca is finally fizzling out it seems. PSG rejected 150 plus Dembele (who hasn't even agreed to leave) and Rakitic. They seem to be firm on the 220 to save face and will likely have to keep Big Mar around for at least another 4 months.
Would Rakitic and Dembele really want to move the other way? This sort of massive exchange deal don't really happen I think

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

From what the rags are saying Rakitic could be talked into it because he sorta knows he's on the way out and maybe PSG looks better than some Italian team. Dembele's people have given a firm no and said he's focused on being great at Barca which might just be a way of posturing for better terms at PSG if it does happen but seems unlikely all around.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

sebzilla posted:

Forgot about Bailly, is he dead? Big Axel seems to be third choice now anyway.

Yeah he did his hamstring or something in one of the later pre-season friendlies and will be out for "months".

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Der Shovel posted:

Yeah he did his hamstring or something in one of the later pre-season friendlies and will be out for "months".

It was his knee, he’s out til Christmas.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Just read that Sky Italia is reporting that Neymar to Barççça is a done deal.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Navas to PSG is being finalized and he'll be announced in a few days. He's still much better than Courtois IMO but clearly he doesn't tick some of the same boxes...

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
A good laugh as the Sanchez exit looms

https://www.facebook.com/thefootballrepublic/videos/2452630451635444

Beefeater
May 17, 2003

I'm hungry.
Hair Elf

shut up blegum posted:

Just read that Sky Italia is reporting that Neymar to Barççça is a done deal.

CBS is claiming the same.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
Alexis' loan to Inter is a done deal

https://www.instagram.com/p/B1wrQ-jImWh/

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
I wonder if Inter already has some kind of specific understanding in mind with United to be doing them a solid or if they just figure they’re buying a favor to be cashed in at some future time

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Eric the Mauve posted:

I wonder if Inter already has some kind of specific understanding in mind with United to be doing them a solid or if they just figure they’re buying a favor to be cashed in at some future time

Alexis will do perfectly well at Inter and we will all collectively realize that it is actually Manchester United that is bad.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

blue footed boobie posted:

Alexis will do perfectly well at Inter and we will all collectively realize that it is actually Manchester United that is bad.

I still believe Alexis is an all action forward who has declined too far physically to perform his style optimally and doesn't know how else to play. Not like a Bergkamp or Zola where speed and strength were not essential to their game. Maybe he can do some flat track bullying in Italy, who knows.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
He did well for Chile well after he was at United.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Bacon Terrorist posted:

I still believe Alexis is an all action forward who has declined too far physically to perform his style optimally and doesn't know how else to play. Not like a Bergkamp or Zola where speed and strength were not essential to their game. Maybe he can do some flat track bullying in Italy, who knows.

This is the common knowledge on this boards, but tbh he looks so lost and generally lovely at United that I can’t actually tell whether he’s lost his legs or not. I wouldn’t be surprised if after a change of scenery we find out he hasn’t really slowed down much at all.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

I confidently expect both he and Lukaku to find some form again. There's something rotten at the core of United hanging over the squad like a stench and its name is Woodward.

Too many players below par under too many different managers for the problems to not be higher up. A lot of journos comment on how dilapidated Old Trafford feels inside especially compared to the new stadiums.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Alexis was still talented near the end of his time at Arsenal, he was just a cancer and hated most of his teammates and refused to pass to anyone except Ozil. I'd be surprised if he suddenly fell off a cliff physically.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
He's Chilean. They're all a bunch of cunts

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Alexis is a good passer and finisher. His all-action style is just one part of his skill set (and I’m not even sure it’s necessary a positive part). He’ll do well in Italy.

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001
Sanchez was lured to Arsenal with the promise of a World Cup-winning #10 in Ozil and a commitment to purchase other attacking threats. Then Wenger proceeded to fiddle around with team selection and cripple matchday squads.

Then Sanchez moved to Manchester United for a massive payday, knowing full well that the players werent good enough but hoping Mourinho could coach them through it. Oops. Mourinho isnt a coach so much as a manager. The midfield at United cant support an attacking flair player, and he was allowed to fail in favor of the team grinding out relatively paltry results.

If/When he succeeds at Inter, it will only further prove that Manchester United have no plan.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Reprisal posted:

Sanchez was lured to Arsenal with the promise of a World Cup-winning #10 in Ozil and a commitment to purchase other attacking threats. Then Wenger proceeded to fiddle around with team selection and cripple matchday squads.

Then Sanchez moved to Manchester United for a massive payday, knowing full well that the players werent good enough but hoping Mourinho could coach them through it. Oops. Mourinho isnt a coach so much as a manager. The midfield at United cant support an attacking flair player, and he was allowed to fail in favor of the team grinding out relatively paltry results.

If/When he succeeds at Inter, it will only further prove that Manchester United have no plan.

Without someone of Kante's class next to Pogba we're going to get done in midfield every match we're expected to win because we've just turned possession over in the opponent's half and there's 8 players now stranded up the pitch.

"Long ball hoofed towards Lindelof" is a working counter tactic Ole needs to sort.

I do get the sense that during the match they're not getting right what Ole wants, rather than they're doing what he wants and it's failing. I refuse to believe Ole has given the instruction "when out of ideas, pass it around defence and midfield slowly and pointlessly". That poo poo has hung around since Van Gaal's tenure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Darmian to Parma seems to be not-bold-yet done