Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

How are u posted:

Considering the state of the polling it seems that, as of now, a landslide of people are ready to crawl across broken glass to vote for Joe to defeat Trump. Considering that, I think it's just fine if the small minority who can't bring themselves to vote for Joe exercise their vote in a different way.

A couple of months ago one of the Pod Save guys had a nice thought that I liked: If you can't personally bring yourself to vote for Joe but recognize that he still needs to beat Trump then vote how you need to, but consider helping Joe win by volunteering some time to phonebank or canvass for his campaign. Best of both worlds, for those who can't personally vote for Joe.

"now, obviously, biden deserves to be president and I want that to happen. if you don't think that joe deserves your vote, maybe you can just do the work that I should be doing instead, so I don't have to? cool, thanks!"

I genuinely want to know: why did you like this thought? what did you think its reification entailed?

e: lol I spent some time reading the thread. your largesse in allowing we children to refuse to vote for joe biden is very generous

World War Mammories fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Jul 16, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Mellow Seas posted:

So yeah, you guys have not the slightest loving clue what the show is about, it’s just another one of your markers of tribal loyalty to hate it. You probably think the show is mostly hippie-punching, which is projection.

Mellow Seas posted:

First of all, you have way more experience with the Jo(h)ns than I do, so thanks for sharing. I had never heard any of their anti-M4A lobbying, for instance.

Why do you assert that others don't know what the show is about, when you yourself apparently don't know?

Personally, I know through exposure because my dad absolutely loves them. So count me in as another dude who has "way more experience with the Jo(h)ns than" you do and can confirm that they're awful.

Main Paineframe posted:

Let's keep this on-topic and dial down the personal attacks (preferably to zero) and podcast chat.

Then in this sort of situation you need to punish both the responders and the instigators. "I know some people think that Biden doesn't deserve their vote because of their views on morality, but what if they just ignored those and did the canvassing work for him anyway? That's the best of both worlds! Thanks!" is incredibly insulting. People do not respond kindly to insults, and letting the kid going "I'm not touching you, I'm not touching you!" go on unopposed is not going to help them be calm. (I would PM you, but I lost that in the Sanders toxx and am not paying again just to state this.)

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

joepinetree posted:

What you need to know about fervent PSA listeners is that in their live shows Keith Ellison was booed and Tim Miller was applauded.

lol, for what? The domestic abuse allegations that ended up showing Ellison was the victim?

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

joepinetree posted:

They asked him about 2016 and he said that it wasn't rigged but it also "wasn't fair that one candidate in the primary had the prerogative to appoint staff - we should just admit that!"

truly beyond the pale, a bad faith argument that doesn't deserve respect

lol, I noticed that How are u got probated, except that it wasn't for his disingenuous bullshit post in this thread, but for an entirely separate troll an hour ago - who could have predicted that such a titan of thought would stir poo poo again? meanwhile, one can still gaze at the wasteland of punishments for daring to take offense at the extremely good faith position "I know that your moral principles don't actually matter to you and you won't mind discarding them." this is the type of tightly moderated d&d that I crave.

anyway, hawkins or la riva? currently leaning howie but that could change!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

I am extremely eager to drown in a boiling sea of hot takes about how kamala harris is The Most Progressive VP Nomination In American History