Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

McCloud posted:

I'm sorry, I'm a bit late to this thread, but the repeated comments that Biden will nominate judges and people in positions that are exactly as bad as Trump seem entirely divorced from reality. Trump nominates sociopathic bootlickers to his cabinet and government positions whose only job is to either dismantle their department, keep a grift going or sycophantically agree with whatever Trump says, and his judge nominations are extreme right wing disasters, usually with no qualifications.

What exactly is the proof that he'd fire people for disagreeing with him and stack the courts with right wing extremists? Having a dim view of Biden is one thing, but this seems more like baseless fearmongering and making up justifications for staying home in November, just one step below "He's gonna eat your kids and skin your cat, ooooh".

I mean, maybe there's some major red flags I missed, but the doom and gloom of a Biden presidency seems really exaggerated

The problem is that there's no assurance that he won't. Democrats, and especially Joe Biden, are capable of being just as petty and narcissistic as Trump, but the difference is that they hide it behind decorum and pretty words.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Shere posted:

Why in the gently caress would I phonebank for a credibly accused rapist? I'm not trying to be abrasive but you're basically dismissing the complaints against Biden as nothing, as something people can just get over or work through. No, they're loving deal breakers.

How have you missed the loving point so bad? The problem with Biden is that people like you, who "didn't want him", are willing to give him a pass instead of demanding he be replaced, out of some "higher calling" of defeating Trump. It's not just about withholding my precious vote, it is that I am actually repulsed by the man Democrats have had consent manufactured for.

e: Then again, it would be typically liberal to expect everyone to just immediately and absolutely compromise their core beliefs to work in the middle. As if your only problem with the left is that they have standards they just won't discard. If my problem with Joe Biden is that I don't think he's fit to be president for any number of reasons why would I canvass for him? I don't know what that podcast is but it sounds like idle bullshit ensconced in a bubble of cognitive dissonance.

Look, I know you don't feel like voting for a credibly accused rapist who opposes M4A, but have you considered doing all of our work to get him elected instead?

It really seems like liberals were expecting leftists to fall in line (because Bernie told them to) and do all of the actual work needed to get Biden elected. I haven't spoken to a single liberal who is ready to phonebank for him.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

How are u posted:

Yeah, there's absolutely nothing weird or controversial about that very generic statement. If Biden were in charge he wouldn't be deploying jackbooted DHS thugs to smash peaceful protesters in the first place.

Unbelievably naive and ignorant of actual history. Do you somehow think that there's a clear, well defined line between "peaceful" and "violent" protests, and that those in power would even respect it?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Angry_Ed posted:

Oh no half the Democrats are bad guess we should throw the entire party out then instead of trying to keep pulling things leftward :downs:

Well we could just vote out the bad ones, but every time we try to do that we get told that we need to vote for them no matter how bad they are.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Every president before him was also literally a mass murderer. Joe Biden was at least an accomplice to mass murder with his support for the Iraq War.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

It still blows my mind that the candidates who were in 2nd and 3rd place dropped out to endorse the guy who was still behind them even after he won SC. Yep, absolutely nothing weird about that.