Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

How are u posted:

I'll be voting for whoever had the (D) on the ticket. gently caress Donald Trump, we cannot afford 4 more years of this absolute madness.

If that person is Joe Biden, you're a bad person if you vote for him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

How are u posted:

Just because centrist Dems are bad doesn't mean they are as bad as the current Admin. The world is not merely Black and White, no matter how hard you wish it to be so.

:psyduck:

You're the one making things black and white! We're the ones trying to introduce shades of gray by telling you that "not as bad" isn't loving good enough for a myriad of extremely valid reasons and you're just burying your head in the sand and crowing about how hard Bernie lost!

I'm not voting for a rapist and neither should you. You do not in fact have only two choices.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

How are u posted:

Now I see so many of you throwing up your hands and seeming to say gently caress it who cares about climate change if we can't have Bernie.

Feel free to quote anyone doing this.

No one is saying "who cares about climate change" that's just you projecting your own nihilism. We're telling you the reality, that Joe Biden will not take meaningful enough action even if he does somehow beat Trump.

I care very much about climate change, that's why Bernie is the only acceptable candidate.

ETA: The long and short of it is that you can piss and moan all you want, how are u, but even if you could mind control every single D&D lurker to vote for Biden it wouldn't matter dick in a national election. Your efforts spent screaming at us are futile, the enthusiasm gap will not be made up by how angrily you post about your moral outrage toward Bernie Bros for not giving a rapist their vote.

WampaLord fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Mar 30, 2020

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

How are u posted:

He will take more action than Trump. He acknowledges climate change and is campaigning for some sort of green new deal. You can argue otherwise I guess but your argument isn't based in reality.

quote:

The long and short of it is that you can piss and moan all you want, how are u, but even if you could mind control every single D&D lurker to vote for Biden it wouldn't matter dick in a national election. Your efforts spent screaming at us are futile, the enthusiasm gap will not be made up by how angrily you post about your moral outrage toward Bernie Bros for not giving a rapist their vote.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

How are u posted:

They don't care, they are addicted to outrage and feeling righteously angry.

Turn on your loving monitor dude you're the one addicted to yelling at everyone else as evidenced by all of your posts in this thread.

Besides I thought Biden had this in the bag?

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

How are u posted:

I'm just holding up a mirror so you can see the ghoulish reflection of yourself, the person who prefers 4 more years of Trump to 4 years of centrist Dem governance.

Literally no one here has said they're voting for Trump, you keep making up arguments because ironically you are the one addicted to being angry.

You can't scold your way to winning a national election, and that's clearly driving you insane.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

There are about 800 people browsing D&D right now.

If you somehow crafted the perfect angry post that yelled at them just in the right way that they would all vote for Joe Biden in November, you would still have accomplished nothing on the national scale.

The long and short of it that you can't scold your way to winning an election. I thought we all learned this lesson in 2016. You have to give people something to vote for, not just vote against.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

PerniciousKnid posted:

There are also uspol posters to whom it genuinely matters that a Democrat is elected, like people with precarious health situations who benefit from the ACA, or another example I can't think of but might exist.

The greater point that ManBoyChef appears to be making is that any sort of criticism of Democratic politicians or policies, no matter how valid, gets brushed aside and dismissed by posters who go "How can you possibly say the Democrats are bad? The Republicans are far worse!" over and over, not realizing that Democrats can still be bad even if the Republicans are far worse.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Flying-PCP posted:

I'm not arguing that Joe is not fascist (here), Joe is more cautious and playing the long game with his fascist plans, and more time to do something about it is better than less time even if both choices for president are fascists. Joe will slow fascism automatically without doing anything simply by being less 'bold' than Trump.

Counterpoint, by being less "bold" about it, people will resist it far less than they currently resist Trump's more open version of it.

Voting for Biden is the accelerationist option.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Flying-PCP posted:

Accelerationism generally refers to lots of conflict and everything being on fire, not most people accepting fascism passively.

Most people accepting fascism passively leads to lots of conflict and everything being on fire.

My greater point here is that liberals right now hate Trump. But they won't hate Biden when he does the exact same poo poo. We've seen it already with Tara Reade. Liberals will defend everything Biden does, including taking steps towards fascism.

WampaLord fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Aug 2, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Flying-PCP posted:

If that's true, then it's already over for the left in the Democrat party no matter who wins.

Correct! For the left, electoral solutions are no longer available to us. Engage in protests and build mutual aid networks locally, these are our best bets for the near future.

E: VVV Vote for President if you want, but please understand it is literally the smallest political act you can make and don't pat yourself on the back too hard for voting for Biden thinking you're helping keep fascism at bay.

WampaLord fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Aug 2, 2020