Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

7c Nickel posted:

How do you square that with the fact that the Democratic Party has been moving left for the past 20 years or so? Everything I've seen during my lifetime suggest that electoral success creates room for movement to the left. I mean right now Biden is leading the pack after we lost to the right wing. Isn't that the exact opposite of what you think should happen?

The leftward movement happens in spite of the Democrats, not because of them. Just look at the places where Democrats have been most electorally successful, and where the party has become most entrenched: they're filled with centrist ghouls like Schumer and Feinstein who are well to the right of their own constituents but manage to hold on to their seats forever because vote blue no matter who.

QuoProQuid posted:

this pro strat is working out real well for leftists in russia, poland, hungary, and israel

IDK about the other three countries, but the Israeli left would probably be a lot stronger right now if the main center-left party had acted as an actual opposition, rather than rallying behind the far right in exchange for a taste of power. All they ended up doing was helping Netanyahu consolidate his power while getting their fingerprints all over his crimes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Willo567 posted:

Yes, because the alternative, ANOTHER loving FOUR YEARS OF TRUMP, is so much better

Gosh, I guess all of our options just completely suck in November. There were a bunch of better options, but the establishment decided to fight them at all costs, so now we're stuck with the establishment favorites! Really gets my enthusiasm burning for November to go vote for the quiet racist instead of the loud racist!

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Cerebral Bore posted:

Voting for Biden is definitely the accelerationist stance. This shouldn't be controversial in the least.

To say that there's an accelerationist stance and a non-accelerationist stance implies that we're even being allowed enough agency to choose whether or not to pursue accelerationism. Our elite overlords are mashing that pedal whether we like it or not, and the illusion of choice that's been left to us exists only to sate our own personal conscience.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
Let's keep this on-topic and dial down the personal attacks (preferably to zero) and podcast chat.