Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

To all the middle class cishet white men itt: if your vote doesn't matter, which it doesn't in the US, then why not use your time and energy to support and build social anarchist communities around you?

Like, I'm genuinely asking. If the Democratic Party brass is committed to nominating Biden no matter what, then why should you take part in electoral politics at all, or anything that involves keeping the state and its institutions in place? Why not show solidarity with, and help to grow, marginalised autonomous communities that reject the entire idea of electoralism? Surely that would be far more effective than going to bat for capitalist dickweeds who are willing to trade the civil rights of marginalised peoples to advance what is a thoroughly neoliberal agenda? Surely your time and money would be better suited making sure that marginalised communities are able to survive and hopefully thrive when the Democrats lose and Trump goes full Hitler?

Why bother focusing on the loving Democrats when you can directly support the people who they'll gently caress over? Why not just use your privilege to enable marginalised peoples to take direct action against the state?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

If your vote doesn't matter why did middle class cishet white men try so drat hard to make sure they were the only ones that got to do it?

how is that relevant to the current situation in which the Democrats rigged the 2016 primaries for Hillary and will likely rig the 2020 primaries for either Biden or some other neoliberal tosspot?

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

e: nm

Venomous fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Jul 2, 2019

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

I mean Pj and I definitely aren't middle class cishet dudes but go off about how it's all because of our privilege

I wasn't talking to you, I was talking to the middle class cishet dudes in the thread

I agree with every post you have made itt thus far but, you know, go off I guess

for reference I am an unemployed trans woman

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

My bad

But also for real the way that was written it sounded like another lovely lib going "you just don't caaaaaaaaare because of your privilege"

My apologies that it came off that way. It was genuinely meant to be me saying 'all the liberals itt should gently caress off trying to get people to rally around the Democrats and actually give their money and time and attention to eg. queer anarchist communities who are seriously vulnerable to the fascists and their enablers in all branches of the US government right now'.

I genuinely believe that electoralism is garbage and the only way forward now is for those with eg. middle class cishet privilege to (a) use their privilege to limit, if not completely prevent damage to marginalised communities so they have a chance to get through the impending fascist nightmare (b) organise their own communities in such a way that they don't have to rely on the utter utter garbage crapshoot of electing fascist collaborators to improve everyone's lives. It was a sincere call for anarchist organising, and I'm so sorry that it came off as liberal whining.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

I mean, if we take that political compass website as in any way accurate, then Biden's only choice for a Republican VP who isn't outright fash is Bill Weld, and I have no idea who Bill Weld is apart from the fact that he's probably an ancap, with all the creepy poo poo that implies.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

would've thought Tulsi would be way more authoritarian left tbh

lovely website anyway

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Foul Ole Ron posted:

Ha, good luck with having a democracy then.

you don't have a democracy in the first place, you have a plutocracy

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

how is Biden tangibly better for the working class than Trump?

I know, they're both horrible, but seriously, why should Biden deserve to win? Why should he not lose all 50 states?

Sure, the GOP are fascists, but do you really think purestrain neoliberalism is any viable alternative, and do you really think the working class will be guilt tripped into voting for that when its biggest representative (Biden) is so loving horrible?

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

this clip is from last year, and it still holds completely true today
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwSDszG_HXE

e: 'Biden has the following problem: he polls incredibly well amongst Republicans in suburban areas who hate Trump. We just don't know how many there are, and they're not that motivated to vote for Biden as much as Trump supporters are to vote for Trump.'

Venomous fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Mar 18, 2020

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

so what I'm taking away from this thread is that neither the working class nor anyone with standards in general has any reason to vote for Biden

cool

Trump's gonna win again, folks

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

How_are_u.png:

Venomous fucked around with this message at 07:58 on Mar 31, 2020

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

is it possible for the Greens to run Bernie? Because the Greens should totally run Bernie

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

https://twitter.com/InternetHippo/status/881161169469403137?s=19

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

If Trump wins, he will govern as an incompetent fascist for the next four years and the Republicans will lose to a leftist like AOC in 2024.

If Biden wins, he will govern as an incompetent fascist for the next four years and the Democrats will lose to a competent fascist like Tom Cotton in 2024.

This isn't hard.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Mellow Seas posted:

If Hillary losing didn't make the Democratic Party see that milquetoast centrist liberals are a losing proposition I don't really see why Joe losing would.

Me neither, but it's fun to have hope, even if you know that hope is a lie.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

HisMajestyBOB posted:

Just LOL if you think we will have elections after four more years of Trump.

Tbh I'm not sure why Trump hasn't already suspended democracy, but I guess he still needs his Reichstag Fire moment

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

cheetah7071 posted:

that would require him taking a bold stance and active moves towards a goal, which is incompatible with being a lazy coward

he'll make some tweets about maybe delaying the elections due to coronavirus but then not actually go through with it is my guess

ah, fair enough. That's probably why there'll be a 2024 election

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

when you lead with heavily guilt tripping people to vote for Biden because Logically and Rationally Trump is so much worse, then you really shouldn't expect not to get dunked on for it

nobody itt has a single valid reason to vote for Biden. Nobody. 'He's not Trump' is not a valid reason to vote for Biden, because they're both horrible people, and they will govern almost identically.

Added to which, Trump's base is highly motivated to vote for him again, whereas Biden isn't going to motivate anyone to turn out for him in spades. Hell, seeing as he's going to lose the debates so horribly, I imagine he'll even dissuade a fair few centrists and anti-Trump Republicans from voting altogether.

Trump will win again, and nothing that anyone says or does itt will change that.

America is hosed.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

McCloud posted:

I'm sorry, but this sounds absolutely asinine, there is absolutely no guarantee of that at all, and pretending it's a 100% sure thing is exactly the kind of scaremongering I was talking about

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

https://twitter.com/cyberwitchlexi/status/1248585803917393920?s=19

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

volts5000 posted:

As I said before, organizing, protesting, and other forms of outreach.

So no, you don't have any leverage as a voter other than to vote. Good to know that electoralism is bunk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Pod drat America is truly the only good podcast with 'Pod' and 'America' in the title

it even makes sense as a pun, like why the gently caress would you want God to save America anyway unless you are, at the bare minimum, an establishment Democrat