Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Iron Twinkie
Apr 20, 2001

BOOP

Cerebral Bore posted:

It's not even clear that Biden is the lesser evil if you take long-term considerations into account. There's also really no argument for why anybody should be obliged to vote for the Dem candidate when the party establishment itself is clearly OK with losing.

But think of the girl boss energy of the first woman vice president casting the tie breaker to destroy social security forever or how far we will have come on race when the first black woman supreme court judge legalizes corporate extraterritoriality in a 6-3 decision.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Twinkie
Apr 20, 2001

BOOP

Our situation is so ridiculous. It's completely absurd. We have maybe until April when the rent comes due for every newly unemployed and quarantined American before society as we know it evaporates. The Republicans have no plan and Democrats... somehow... have even less. Why am I supposed to get invested, support, or even care which party's necrophiliac dotard cannibal gets to gently caress and eat my corpse?

Iron Twinkie
Apr 20, 2001

BOOP

Verviticus posted:

there isnt a loving hope in hell that if i were american that id vote for biden or even The Rat, and yet it's extremely conceivable that it could've covid-21 or whatever and i feel like no matter how much i hate biden, the democrats, etc - their response to this wouldnt have been as catastrophic as trumps. coming from a scumbag fake leftist govt in BC that had a lovely but vastly superior response, i genuinely cant complete square away what i think the acceleration effect of a biden presidency would be vs the uh, hundreds of thousands of unnecessary deaths you guys are gonna suffer soon

edit; i guess a reasonable comeback to cast doubt on whether or not biden would actually be better is a quick gander at the people the democrats are wontonly murdering by trying to get people to vote now instead of later and i feel like they (obviously) do not give a poo poo about people dying, but do care at least a bit about the optics of fully ignoring a crisis. no state had a good reply to coronavirus, but i think theres a pretty measurable difference between blue and red run states on average

The ugly reality is that while the optics of the Covid response might be better under a Democrat, the substance would be largely the same. At this point in history both of our parties are staunch free market adherents. In the world of just in time inventory in a for profit medical system, excess hospital beds and caches of medical supplies on hand are considered "waste". The Democrats would be just as loathe to suspend capitalism by invoking the Defense Production Act to force companies to produce ventilators as the Republicans are but they might do it less racistly. At the end of the day the free market views any public assistance or reduction in profit margins as verboten and the only solution it is willing to accept is mass graves.

Iron Twinkie
Apr 20, 2001

BOOP

I will prioritize my brunch over the human rights of nerve stapled black children and you will loving deal!

Iron Twinkie
Apr 20, 2001

BOOP

Cerebral Bore posted:

What you mean is that you believe that you wouldn't have to pay attention to the people suffering if you have a Dem in the White House.

Extremely privileged to never consider the mental health of millions of Americans who could go back to brunch and do self care under Biden while you die of a treatable illness.

Iron Twinkie
Apr 20, 2001

BOOP

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Like, do you actually think that a Biden administration will give leftists anything? You've seen the way they treat Bernie supporters, right?

It has never been more explicit that we get less than nothing if Biden is the nominee. Vote blue, accept death, and suck the poo poo out of a dead dog's rear end in a top hat forever or you love Trump.

Iron Twinkie
Apr 20, 2001

BOOP

cheetah7071 posted:

I'm gonna vote for the lib rapist who will nominate cabinet members who will attempt to exercise the powers of the federal government to enforce the insufficient laws that attempt to do good in this country, over the fascist rapist who is dismantling every aspect of the federal government except the part that bombs people in the middle east

Any theoretical Biden appointments to the courts are going to be deeply financially conservative and at best a coin flip on any social issues in the vein of Anthony Kennedy. Unless its a Burwell v. Hobby Lobby type situation where the deeply held beliefs of a private corporation's profit margins comes into conflict with their employees need for health care and to control their own bodies. I'm sure Kennedy's former law clerk, Brett Kavanaugh could reach across the aisle and recommend old Joe a few names though.

As an aside, if you don't think Joe will start another war you are completely delusional.

Iron Twinkie
Apr 20, 2001

BOOP

The irony of Biden's promise of a return to the pre-Trump era is that his campaign could have never survived the pre-Trump era. This is a historical fact. Every pre-Trump attempt he has made to get the Democrat nomination has been a miserable failure. Only in a post-escalator world could the media and the electorate ignore his awful 40 year legislative record, his bold faced lies about his legislative record, his blatant and bizarre lies about his life history, his enthusiastic cruelty towards minorities and the poor, hours of footage of him molesting women and girls on camera, and credible rape allegations. Oh also the fact that he is clearly senile and literally actually mentally unfit for the Presidency.

The reality is that the Biden candidacy could only exist in a post-Trump world and his promise roll back the clock to a pre 11/9 world is just a much a lie as everything else this man says.

Iron Twinkie
Apr 20, 2001

BOOP

Look I obviously believe the wanton slaughter and mass graves for the untermensch less than ideal and personally distasteful as any good centrist liberal. However SALT increases on my income is worse than rape, stock values going down for the health insurance and oil companies in my 401k is worse than murder, and restricting what I can charge and when I can evict the tenants of my rental properties is worse than slavery. We can't let the perfect be the enemy of the good or let emotions cloud our judgement. We have to look at the data and acknowledge the facts. This called being an adult.

Iron Twinkie
Apr 20, 2001

BOOP

Honestly going through the effort of sorting your recycling only for it to end up being burned because the process can't be done at profit isn't a half bad analogy for voting for the Democrat party.

Iron Twinkie
Apr 20, 2001

BOOP

If Obama couldn't be moved left and people were called "loving retarded" to their faces by his press secretary for their trouble its absurd to think you'd have any hope of moving Biden when the left most of his cabinet is going to look like Obama's right wing.

Also that's with Obama at least caring about the way he personally appeared when responding to criticism. Biden himself will stick his finger in your face and scream at you if his decaying mind interprets what you said as anything less than sycophantic fawning.

Iron Twinkie fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Apr 10, 2020

Iron Twinkie
Apr 20, 2001

BOOP

It honestly speaks volumes about the Pod Jons and their audience that they would rather disappear up their own assholes about how people whose material needs have been utterly removed from politics to the point where voting is pointless and are completely disenfranchised should go out and volunteer for Joe Biden instead of asking their own listeners to sully themselves by canvasing or phone banking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Twinkie
Apr 20, 2001

BOOP

The corollary to that are the people whose health and well being is beneath the concern of electoral politics and for whom Democrats genuinely provide no benefit.