Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

kw0134 posted:

No one really "gets" the Super-League, but existential horror is part of it. That said, Gregor because one day he woke up on the baseball mound and was shocked to find he had turned into a pestilential, verminous meatball thrower.

I second this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

gently caress. Changing my vote to Bobson Dugnutt.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

BobDug

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

The top is p_A(1 - p_B) while the bottom is p_A(1 - p_B) + p_B(1 - p_A). That really looks like it's making an independence assumption somewhere, which doesn't seem to be appropriate for a head-to-head match of A vs B.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

At some point everyone should become familiar the Abercrombie & Fitch catalogue that Zizek wrote.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Sure, why not?

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Let's see how he handles Kami's Sabermagics.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

TheMcD posted:

I don't even know what that means! I never know what anything you say means!

The gestalt of the Zizek experience right here.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

TheMcD posted:

Here, let me show you a magic trick.
Uh, well, okay I guess...
Look at everything around you? Do you see this? Do you believe it is real? Abracadabra! Now you are a fraud.
Wait, what?
Your belief is a lie you tell yourself, to coerce yourself into waking up each day.

Gonna have to try this one out in real life.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Night10194 posted:

Zizek the solution to realizing you created an abomination against God and all of mankind by bringing Twitter into being is not to go and create more hideous things.

It might be.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

TheFlyingLlama posted:

spoilers the ending is amazing and probably not something you'd guess before it happens

You don't say.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's a reference to the Boston police strike of 1919.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

TheMcD posted:

Tonight it's a first edition strategy guide for Final Fantasy VI.
Wasn't it a first edition of Gravity's Rainbow yesterday? That's what Moose said and this seems like a step down.
It has tips and tricks that were edited out in later versions, like how to resurrect--

Back when FF6 first came out, there was a rumor that you could resurrect General Leo by doing something in the dinosaur forest. It didn't pan out there, but I guess it'll work in this game. I don't think we'll actually get General Leo, but I'm definitely open to being convinced that we will.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Night10194 posted:

Maybe FF6 will bring back Moose.

This is my best guess right now.

My alternate theory is that we somehow end up with a second copy of Twitter and/or Zizek.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

That thing with Carl Everett in the dinosaur forest feels like I should've seen it coming, and now I'm disappointed that I missed it.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Tallgeese posted:

They could actually track that, either by blocking off the namechanger now or by checking if you try to do it after the fact.

They better have.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

:confuoot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

That was pretty intense for the finale to a zany RPG about baseball.