Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever
Moose going into the Hall, for me, was vindication at its purest. He proved that someone doesn't need to be the best pitcher in a season or perfect in one game to convince people that he was great over 18 seasons. One thing that I also appreciate is that he had a piss-awful penultimate season in his age 38 year, looked like he was done... and then came back the next year and made all 34 of his starts, threw 200 innings, lowered his ERA almost two whole runs and had 20 wins for the first and only time in his career. I realise that wins mean gently caress all as a stat, but in the 21st century winning 20 games is genuinely eye-popping regardless, given how pitchers are handled these days. Also, 7 Gold Gloves. I know that the GG is kind of a dubious honour these days, but 7 in a career still means that he was a hell of a defender. Granted, Maddux had 18, but still...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever
Am I the only one who think it looks odd with a full stop at the end?

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

NAME REDACTED posted:

okay i have to know: did this work

Sure looks like it; the runner looked embarrassed and Ryan Goins, the former Toronto infielder that you see, looked to be running back to the dugout with out number three. With some exceptions, it's a universal truism in baseball that if the other team touches you with the ball when you are off base, you are out - full stop.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

Quackles posted:

Well done! This was an excellent thread, and an excellent game. :toot: :golfclap:

It was. It even spawned a spin-off.