Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

David Corbett
Feb 6, 2008

Courage, my friends; 'tis not too late to build a better world.
This thread has been phenomenal. Thank you very much to Gyro and to The McD. I think I learned more about baseball here than I had in my entire life up until this point. I'm not sure it's possible to overstate how much I ended up loving this in the end.

Finding myself weirdly appreciative of the shoutout to Psalm 129 (130). Is that a reference to the Japanese tendency to throw in references to Christianity totally gratuitously and without making any real sense, or was prayer/player too obvious of a pun to make?

[Digression: Is that the standard Latin translation of the Fátima decade prayer? I've seen a couple and the one I'm most familiar with is a bit different (though this one is definitely closer to the English rather than perhaps the original Portuguese.) I guess that's a challenge for a non-traditional prayer!]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU