Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

I got linked to this from another thread. As a big fan of baseball, games, SA culture, and bizarre narratives, I have to say this thread is amazing! I have to assume the game also is!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

iospace posted:

Goons giving Trout a nickname is probably one of the best things to come out of SA as a whole.

habeasdorkus posted:

Holy poo poo, THAT is how the Millville Meteor nickname came about? I'd always liked that nickname and wonder who coined it!

If I remember correctly, we also gave the portly Billy Butler his "Country Breakfast" nickname back when letting the internet make meaningful decisions was still considered a reasonable idea.

I think there was someone else too, but the Millville Meteor, arguably the best position player out there, is a hard one to top.

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

TheMcD posted:

If you'll allow me some curiosity, where did you get linked to this from?

Pastry of the Year posted:

Probably from here:

It's a GBS thread about the best current threads on the forums, and I absolutely agree - I've loved every bit of this LP.

yeah its this

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Just wanted to say I finally caught up and finished reading, and it was a really good LP of a pretty funny game. Even as a pretty big baseball fan, I have to chime in and say that the side commentary and info was not only interesting, but what made the whole LP come together nicely. Thanks for doing this!