Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

Mzbundifund posted:

Considering he's a professional baseball player who grew up with sabermetrics instead of a digital construct who learned about them from Bobson a couple hours ago, I'd give him the edge on that confrontation, yeah.

But Kami knows saberMAGICS, not saberMETRICS.

You gotta understand crumpets to understand cricket, is what I'm saying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
McD, gonna front load this so I come off as less of an rear end in a top hat, because I LOVE this LP, and especially love the baseball history. And I think I forgot to thank you for your kind pinball recommendations from an unrelated thread, so thanks! Not sure my ex gave any fucks, but I appreciate your knowledge.

That said, as a Mets fan, gently caress YOU FOR REMINDING ME THAT YOENIS CESPEDES EXISTS AGH

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty

gyroball posted:

Yes! All the music is original (well, mostly, you'll see) and composed by my partner Jenny Gibbons.

swoops back into lurking mode

This truly is the best thread :allears:

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty

Hwurmp posted:

The Hall of Fame discontinued its villainy awards after Jose Canseco collected six and used their powers to unseal the Apocalith.

I believe it. I mean, I was watching live the time he tried to fist fight a South Korean giant.

https://youtu.be/ZqsLJKeyR0w

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty

TheMcD posted:

Just to clarify, gyroball wasn't involved here. Basically, I knew I wanted to revert my decision to kill Dugan due to finding out I screwed myself out of stuff by doing so, and given how meta the game sometimes gets, I just couldn't resist to whip out the RPG Maker and make something to dress it up a bit.

Honestly, that was loving brilliant. :golfclap:

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty

GrandmaParty posted:

I grew up in Plano. It sucks

I have a friend who moved there in middle school, and she concurs, vehemently.

Also, mods, plz change my name to WeedDemon420 kthx.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
Corroborating evidence that Mookie Betts is the best

https://youtu.be/cwHRegcjasg

Also, he didn't make the All Star game this year???

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
"Chekov's rocket launcher" plus this whole BS sideline being a Howard and Nester joke makes my heart swell three sizes.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty

Hwurmp posted:

MLB actually stood for Me Love Bees all along

I understand this reference! :allears:

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty

DTaeKim posted:

I swear I read some SAS joke about Joe Buck announcing during the heat death of the sun and then this game freaking brings it to life.

Oh god, I missed that the first read-through.

https://twitter.com/justin_klugh/status/659236511565639680

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
I made one, too. Was gonna post it yesterday, but I hosed up one of the borders and had to re-upload.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty

Sydin posted:

Yours is significantly better :golfclap:

Aw, thx. I wasn't trying to show you up! :sadwave: It took probably an hour to put together and I didn't want it to go to waste.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty

TheMcD posted:

Hey, I decided to take a stab at giving my own take on that design, because it has some things that really annoy me that come from the fact that Dirt Road Junglist didn't have any access to the original resources like I do. For instance, if you use a dark theme like I do, you'll notice throughout the LP that there are some stray white pixels around Bobson that stick out like a sore thumb if you're anal about unclean graphics like I am. I never fixed them because I'm fat and lazy, but if we're talking about a gangtag that I'd be more regularly seeing, then it would probably bug me more.

Brilliant, thanks for that! I was working from one of your screenshots with background elements under the "gently caress That" that made it hard to move the text to the center. I did clean up some of the hard pixels around Bobson's portrait, but it was a quick and dirty by-hand job that only looks good on a pale theme. I would have had to go back and clean it up anyway. (Sup fellow annoyed-by-unclean-graphics goon?)

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
Help, I saw this in another thread and thought it came from this thread and now I'm confused someone hold me.

https://twitter.com/RoseLeoMusk/status/1046095288514105348

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty

habeasdorkus posted:

Btw, in the aftermath of this game someone is going to have to ride herd on Zizek because you know at a certain point he's going to start thinking about using applied ontology again.

Sounds like sequel material

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
Super duper torn between Base Wars, which is a game I super wanted to play after reading about it in Nintendo Power but never did, and Super Baseball 2020, which came out on my favorite system, the Neo Geo, but which I also haven't played.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
Sorry not sorry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty

Haha, is that Frazier-Fraz? THE ANGRIEST MAN IN BASEBALL?