Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene
here it is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Jonny 290 posted:

just get that crack program that will bust out all the adobe cloud apps as long as you unhook your ethernet cable during install, jesus, what are you cheap rear end nerds doing

actually trying to have a legit workflow for my rodtronics seeing as I am making (meagre amounts of) money now :ohdear:

Agile Vector posted:

im trying affinity because i just dont want to give adobe money for a sub and i do very little freelance work now, not enough to justify the monthly cost at least (and the work machine has cc 2018)

it's nice, can do quite a bit, but relearning the tools is aggravatingly slow and im too stubborn to watch a video on how to do layering and manage filters and alpha channels and poo poo after over 20 years of wrangling photoshop and illustrator

I quite like it but not everything is amazing. I wish image programs would advance to nodes rather than layers, because it’s represents what you’re actually doing to the picture so much better

like maybe i just don’t get it but when you screen the top layer, does it screen with the one under it or all under it? can every permutation that you create with nodes be done with layers? layers seem so antiquated after using nodes

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

lol

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

speaking of incomprehensible programs: blender is somehow no longer one of them, and seems actually legitimately cool and good now. unsure what the hell happened.

suffix
Jul 27, 2013

Wheeee!
im using this font now, thanks gvim

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

switched to nsimsun on my desktop

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

speaking of incomprehensible programs: blender is somehow no longer one of them, and seems actually legitimately cool and good now. unsure what the hell happened.

it's pretty weird yeah

the interface is still bad but now it's just "as bad as any other 3d modeling program" instead of "as bad as the GIMP" and that's a huge step forwards

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Smythe posted:

adobert clod run on LINUX? hmmmmm ???

linux sucks on any computer with a monitor hooked up, my good bitch -- literally (not like teenage girl on insta literally but merriam loving webster literally) the only thing that happens when you dont enter a win10 serial is it does a `please register this` overlay on your desktop and you cant change your wallpaper except you can right click on any image and 'set as wallpaper' and then you can

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

i even made a thread about this very topic

the material management system is still open to cause headaches tho. honestly i don’t get exactly what about the new ui makes it easier tho it’s mostly the same

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Sagebrush posted:

it's pretty weird yeah

the interface is still bad but now it's just "as bad as any other 3d modeling program" instead of "as bad as the GIMP" and that's a huge step forwards

it’s obscenely adjustable interface is a massive bonus but also bites because i am always honing my workspace but then i open an old file with old workspace and it bites. yes i can tick a box but no i always forget

Zlodo
Nov 25, 2006

Sagebrush posted:

it's pretty weird yeah

blender's ui is actually better than 3dsmax's

they actually have some guy in charge of ux design, which is probably pretty rare for an open source project

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

echinopsis posted:

actually trying to have a legit workflow for my rodtronics seeing as I am making (meagre amounts of) money now :ohdear:

I quite like it but not everything is amazing. I wish image programs would advance to nodes rather than layers, because it’s represents what you’re actually doing to the picture so much better

like maybe i just don’t get it but when you screen the top layer, does it screen with the one under it or all under it? can every permutation that you create with nodes be done with layers? layers seem so antiquated after using nodes

affinitys order is confusing, i ended up with more groups than felt needed for a few layers, and the distinction between a layer that pixel and not isnt quickly clear to me

i like the node idea for lossless/small and storable file histories. lightroom had a good model for fully reversible raw edits but it fell apart the moment retouching came in because dirt removal felt a million times slower. at that point ive always gone to another tool and used that to finish and export to the desired file type. affinity photo merging the two ideas is good but the dynamic isnt clicking for me still