Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

six figgie fucktard font is Computer Modern, because fucktards like LaTeX

all the good fonts are five figgie fucktard fonts because designers aren't paid six figgies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i don't know what kind of fucktard i am, but i use futura wherever possible

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i use "fuckoid" personally

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

qirex posted:

for people who know exactly one thing about type: helvetica, helvetica neue, akzidenz-grotesk, helvetica now [they're all basically the same] bold, track -60 for cool dude too close lettering

ha cool you're right. thanks for the tip

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I like the squiggly brackets but I'm really not sure about the italic s, r and l

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Vomik posted:

ibm open sourced plex mono which is heavily inspired by operator mono

thank you for this, btw

i now have those cool looking squiggly brackets but without the weirdness

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i tell the students to use it to help find stray brackets, since that's a major problem with beginners

other than that eh. i've used it like twice. the lines connecting the open and closed { } help though.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i did not know that those existed. found a plugin that does it for visual studio. very cool.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

the rainbow brackets plugin i found for visual studio has an extra feature where if you hold ctrl for a second it will highlight the block that the cursor is currently in

and holy god drat that is fantastic

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

it is called Viasfora

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

echinopsis posted:

four fifths of the word anime was in that? mods????

i will take a 4.8 hour probation for it if necessary

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Jonny 290 posted:

the four . ellipse is the mark of professional success in america

the number of . is the measure of a man

0: yospos
1: drone
2: bad typist
3: old
4: professional
5: young
6+: lunatic

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

people who liked futura also liked: kabel, erbar, univers, raleway

i like all of those and futura is my all time favorite. i'm especially a fan of the condensed italic variant

Sagebrush fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Jul 9, 2019

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

shame on an IGA posted:

This is not Brody, very misleading!

I know it's hand lettered and not a font at all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

speaking of incomprehensible programs: blender is somehow no longer one of them, and seems actually legitimately cool and good now. unsure what the hell happened.

it's pretty weird yeah

the interface is still bad but now it's just "as bad as any other 3d modeling program" instead of "as bad as the GIMP" and that's a huge step forwards