Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Thanks for the viewing reminder. I’ve never seen any of the series and know basically nothing about it, but I’m hooked after the first episode. It seems so quaint for them to cut around and Austin-Powers our the nipples on the horrifically mutilated bodies that the prop people render with such care. So much so that I’m already kind of wondering if that will have anything to do with the psychosexual poo poo the show’s obviously going way into.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I have to imagine that even by season one of this show the idea of a gossip blog that everyone reads was horribly dated. How does Lounds make any money?

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

jfood posted:

the tree of woe is probably one of the most striking and haunting images I've ever seen. still fucks me up a little.

reminds me of the fancy dinner scene in 'the terror'. the quiet, the desolation of the locations... that they're both oddly polite in some way.

out of all the 'dark art' I've seen in my life, those two would be master level examples.

Is this something in episode 2? I think I missed it.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

It really is amazing how Scott Thompson didn’t age a day in 20 years and is basically (so far) playing the supporting character in a comedy sketch. Where has he been all this time?

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I’m shocked that Wonder Falls lady isn’t more suspicious of Hannibal wanting to hang out with the serial killer’s daughter. She might not know Hannibal’s trying to trip balls with her and do some kills (guessing), but he’s pretty clearly not an appropriate guardian for children and he’s kind of going into Roman Polanski/Michael Jackson territory by having a drugged-up teen that he stole out of the hospital stashed in his booze-stocked dining room. There’s something unwholesome going on even from her limited pov.

Like, take one look at that guy and say, “yeah, the biggest problem with giving a kid to this malicious, scowling loner in 70s-uncle suits is that it’s too soon right now.”

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Where is he getting the meat for these early meals prior to killing his pilot victim’s brother? Did he get all that meat from the lady he stuck on antlers in the pilot?

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Franklin is the worst. I can’t blame Hannibal for that one at all.

EDIT: episode 8 is where this this show goes mega bonkers for me. Holy moly that loving fight at the end.

I AM GRANDO fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Jun 19, 2019

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Was Franklin not being gay a mandated network S&P thing? There was no reason for him to say it and also he and his “friend” violin strings guy are obviously dating. Hannibal comes off as pretty gay too, in that so far his only female kills have been work-related and he goes after men for his hobby kills.

It’s actually a little weird that arguably only the first killer in the pilot had a sexual component to his murders, whereas that’s the foundational component for every actual serial killer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

esperterra posted:

Hannibal eats rude people.

e: it's also a trauma from his past thing, not a sexual thing

Chilton not being gay in the show idk. He isn't in the books but if Fuller wanted him gay in the show I imagine he would be.

You have to admit that he’s extremely gay for Will. I think part of why he hates Wonder Falls Lady is that she keeps getting between him and Will being gay dads for Abigail.