Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Sounds good! Excited to bust open my Thomas Harris books and be a giant nerd about how much Fuller obvs loves the source material.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

massive spider posted:

I read through the books recently and its interesting how many of Hannibals best lines in the show are displaced lines from the books narration/other characters lifted and given to him.

The work done to keep so much of the books' inner monologue intact is A+

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

It was cut due to Sandy Hook.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Hannibal eats rude people.

e: it's also a trauma from his past thing, not a sexual thing

Chilton not being gay in the show idk. He isn't in the books but if Fuller wanted him gay in the show I imagine he would be.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

You have to admit that he’s extremely gay for Will. I think part of why he hates Wonder Falls Lady is that she keeps getting between him and Will being gay dads for Abigail.

I never denied how gay Bryan Fuller made Hannibal and Will, though. tbh it's one of my only complaints about an otherwise near flawless adaptation, though it fits the story told really well so it's not something that detracts from the show for me.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

also Raul Esparza as Chilton is the tops

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I wish I could vote for two things