Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doobie Keebler
May 9, 2005

What a good idea. Hannibal was a great show and the casting felt spot on. I loved the ending, which makes a rewatch that much better. Gore for it's own sake isn't my thing but the psychological aspects made it so much more.

esperterra posted:

Sounds good! Excited to bust open my Thomas Harris books and be a giant nerd about how much Fuller obvs loves the source material.

I'd like to hear this! I read Silence of the Lambs and Red Dragon a long time ago but i don't remember much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doobie Keebler
May 9, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

But the moment Mads Mikkelsen shows up it just becomes a completely different show, and all the better for it.

I think this is what made me fall in love with the show. It feels like any other crime show until Mads shows up. He's a looming presence, the monster just off screen in every scene. I also appreciate that the writers understand that we're watching a show about Hannibal Lecter and we all know who he is. We don't need to be teased or get his life story. In a TV-land where apparently 1 out of 10 people is a crazed serial killer he's still the scariest person in the room.

Also, Laurence Fishburne is a big guy but he looks huge to me on this show.