Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nweismuller
Oct 11, 2012

They say that he who dies with the most Opil wins.

I am winning.
I'm not seeing any commentary subtitles on the latest video; is this intended?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bacter
Jan 27, 2012

Nie wywoluj wilka z lasu, glupku.
No, sorry, meant to have captions. This is a much faster workflow I've got going, but I'm still KIND of new to it! And this was the last problem I EVER HAD.

Junpei posted:

Well, that might be another problematic thing: I think Doshi is supposed to be Indian, and Indian IT guys are also a bit of a workplace stereotype.

I dunno... I'm open to being in the wrong about this one but - Doshi is cool. I mean, maybe you hate people like Doshi, and then you won't agree, but I don't get any sense that the game is trying to lean on any particular stereotype, right? He and Kate are the only two sympathetic characters we've seen so far, and while he's meant to be kind of new-agey spiritual, I don't see them pulling his race into that.

Like, if Doshi's big gag was that he didn't speak the language well, or it was all just about him being A Foreigner, then yeah, I could get that, but him just BEING (potentially?) Indian doesn't seem like a problem to me. Open to other ideas, though.

Bacter fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Jun 3, 2019

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

The latest video looks like episodes 6 & bonus 2 combined with no subtitles.

Bacter
Jan 27, 2012

HiHo ChiRho posted:

The latest video looks like episodes 6 & bonus 2 combined with no subtitles.

AND NOTHING WENT WRONG AGAIN (uploaded wrong one - fix'd)

Bacter fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Jun 4, 2019

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Guess who made waffles...

The Witch is trying to stop you.

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato
I want to believe Hugo is just some dude who figured how how to get away with working as little as possible, which from certain perspectives can be pretty evil.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
He slipped a wall-mouth-attracting voodoo doll into our briefcase one second after he arranged for us to get sent to wall-mouth-town on a horse chore. I think that goes a bit beyond lazy.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I'm not sure if Hugo is actually working for the Witch, or just trying to curry favor to avoid her wrath and maybe get some magic perks or whatever.

Chronische
Aug 7, 2012

Junpei posted:

I'm not sure if Hugo is actually working for the Witch, or just trying to curry favor to avoid her wrath and maybe get some magic perks or whatever.

Or maybe he's just mad you stole all the water from the tank.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

I think it’s more that he’ll do anything to keep his job but avoid work, and is willing to use his corporate tribal knowledge and general sleaziness to its full extent to ensure that the status quo is kept

like, he knows that the witch exists and uses her existence and behavior to further his own goals. But he probably doesn’t take instructions directly from the witch herself

also, he’s probably motivated to protect the witch to further his own interests

sb hermit fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Jun 4, 2019

Bacter
Jan 27, 2012

Mzbundifund posted:

He slipped a wall-mouth-attracting voodoo doll into our briefcase one second after he arranged for us to get sent to wall-mouth-town on a horse chore. I think that goes a bit beyond lazy.

You know, there’s always one SUPER-SENSITIVE guy at work, starting office drama just because of ONE VOODOO-RELATED INCIDENT.

Edit: also, people on the “Hugo isn’t evil just working the system”:

I’m not saying you’re wrong, but I would like to know what you think about the, uh, frog incident.

Bacter fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Jun 4, 2019

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
Look I'm as suspicious of Hugo as everyone else but that short round brown-haired guy in a grey suit a blue tie and a toad mask could have been any short round brown-haired guy in a grey suit and a blue tie.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
Maybe it wasn't a mask.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
TBH, out of all our 'suspects', Hugo is definitely at the top of the list for Witchy-ness. Kate and Doshi were definetly friendly, and Sintra is helping us, and while Chapman is kind of a jerk, he does at least seem to mean well. Sosa and Mappy seem too red herring-y. Rostov seemed nice enough, and while Malone was a little suspicious, Hugo beats her.

Bacter
Jan 27, 2012

Also, we really have... very little idea who knows what at this point.

Mr. hanging closet hunter electrician guy sussed us out basically instantly, and knows our name. Is he a child of the witch?

Frog-Hugo tried to kill us. Hugo also went to go see the boss, and then called us to tell us to go to the office o’ Doom. Then he (or somebody else?) put the voodoo trinket in our briefcase. It made us vulnerable to the mouth, but ALSO was the only way we got the photo.

We met Rostov in the elevator, and she looked totally out of it, and was talking to SOMEBODY. The witch? She gave us sleeping pills Hugo gave her. Was that related?

The mouth recognized us as a hunter immediately. Did it know our name? Does the witch? What does a “child of the witch” look like. Do they know? Is it a voluntary thing?

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
Didn't the Hexenhammer list toad/frog among the witches' familiars?

:thunk:

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of
And spider, which was what the mine laying boss looked like.

"Spider, Bat, Cat, Rat, White Wolf, Owl, Raven, Toad, and the most important of all... The Snake."

So we've seen a frog (probably-Hugo), a spider (Library boss), and while we've seen owls and heard about owls in the library, they haven't been dangerous. Heck, you can almost read the mouth as snake because of the forked tongue.

I'm still holding out on my "Hugo is a lazy serial killer." theory.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
We've seen snake too.

Also cats in one of the rooms on the I think library floor, and cat food in Hugo's desk.

nweismuller
Oct 11, 2012

I am winning.

Mzbundifund posted:

We've seen snake too.

Also cats in one of the rooms on the I think library floor, and cat food in Hugo's desk.

According to the achievement you get for feeding cats, the cats belong to Sosa. Which makes me convinced that Hugo stole Sosa's cat food just to be a 'prankster'.

Bacter
Jan 27, 2012

Well! Having cleared up the office miscellenia, we're free to actually get back TO it.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

There's the Roy I know and love.

I like the Forest Goblin. He seems nice.

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
Will you be showing off what happens when you answer him wrong?

I am loving just how surreal yet coherent this game is.

Chronische
Aug 7, 2012

Keldulas posted:

Will you be showing off what happens when you answer him wrong?

I am loving just how surreal yet coherent this game is.

Nothing special happens save that you start over and lose a witch paper.

Bacter
Jan 27, 2012

Correct.

Incidentally, I have to believe the F.G. is at least partially a reference to Henry the Hermit from Quest for Glory:

Hidden in the woods, hair for clothes, teaches magic, smokes...

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
So, this 'awful' area you mentioned that was made slightly easier if we did the Chapman sidequest is underwater? Good to know...

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of
You can almost see ears of some kind on the burned out girl. That plus white clothes = the White Wolf?

Koshi mentioned "memory scanners", and I don't think he's talking about MemTest.

Sintra is a AI copy of Rei. She wanted to become a witch, and

Oh holy poo poo the white girl has a snake necklace thing on

Game and LP owns.

FruitPunchSamurai
Oct 20, 2010

I never figured out the Chapman sidequest during my playthrough, and now that I know what was behind it I really regret it.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

what happens if you pick your name instead of Chapman's for the sidequest?

Bacter
Jan 27, 2012

The loudspeaker says “only employees assigned to floor 1 may participate in the test” or something close to that.

Bacter fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Jun 7, 2019

StrangeAeon
Jul 11, 2011

So, I've seen another LP of this elsewhere, but it's only now that I'm realizing how much of a different experience it is without voice commentary. I highly recommend headphones to anyone who isn't using them already.

Only on episode 4 right now, but after hearing someone clearly whisper in my right ear in the library, I may need to rematch the first ones as well.

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Whoever's got the biggest whiskers does the talking.

Whybird posted:

So... yikes, that episode. The author has some issues about women, don't they?

uh....no?

Bacter
Jan 27, 2012

Well, now that we can breathe poison, we're clearly on EASY STREET, boys.

(Later: on difficult avenue...)

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
That does not bode well.

nweismuller
Oct 11, 2012

I am winning.
Not sure if you're aware, but right now is a good time to check the closet in your office on Floor 5, if I'm remembering correctly.

OutofSight
May 4, 2017
We need one of those crawly printers as mount to engage Dada and Dumont in a knightly duel.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
EDIT : Nevermind answered by watching second video

Tylana fucked around with this message at 11:51 on Jun 10, 2019

Bacter
Jan 27, 2012

nweismuller posted:

Not sure if you're aware, but right now is a good time to check the closet in your office on Floor 5, if I'm remembering correctly.

Tune in next time :)

Spookyelectric
Jul 5, 2007

Who's there?
The lyrics of the song that played in the bonus video:

voice posted:

The White Witch
dwelled in the mountain
watching a lost soul
take from her fountain
she swore by fang and skin,
tooth and nail, wicked spell
that all would hide and wail
and share the tale of blood and Hell

I saw the sun rise with stars that burned bright into a red sky
I heard a voice cry in search of a new light
Maybe an old lie

Yeah, that's disturbing.

Great LP, I'm picking up this game for certain now.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
Man, I dunno if it's my hearing or what but I could not make out any background voices during that section. Just rhubarb style whispering.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bacter
Jan 27, 2012

Tylana posted:

Man, I dunno if it's my hearing or what but I could not make out any background voices during that section. Just rhubarb style whispering.

You know, it’s the weirdest thing. When I PLAYED it, I truly did not notice voices. Then I went back and listened while making the video, and was shocked how clear and obvious the voice was.