Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Okay so here go my guesses and reasoning. Full confession, I watched the party video again to get the names:

Inay is in the Sintranet- he's the IT guy, and the bandage grub is bleeding from the ears, just like he was at the party
Marta is in Videoclub Misterio, because Mappy wasn't at the party so who else would be?
Tony is in the advancement trial, again because that just makes sense
Jenna is in the forest goblin's area, because the bandage grub has the split face she did at the party and the receptionists on the ninth floor have the same hair and wounds I guess?
Irina I guess is in the filing cabinet guy's lair because process of elimination says it's her or Kate and she worked on that floor

Kate is the odd one out because there's six people but only five locations?

e: ninth floor, not sixth

some plague rats fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Jun 29, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
I honestly expected them to make you type the name out.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

The Videoclub grub is also bleeding from the eyes like poor Sosa was at the party. In addition to the locations matching up, all the grubs have the same wounds that everyone had at the party while the witch was attacking. And we didn't see Kate during the attack so she got out somehow just like Hugo did.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

- Tony (Anthony) was Chapman, who, uh, isn't really a friend per se but I guess save him or whatever. I'd bet he's in the Trial Room, since he's the only person who ever had anything to do with it that I recall.
- Sosa is probably in the video club room. I think her first name was Marta but I'm not sure without looking back.
- Rostov was Irina, which was easy to remember because of how extremely slavic both names are. I'd guess she's in the Naked Guy Lair on the vague basis that both are generic office people (by Sintracorp standards) from that floor?
- Inay is Doshi so I think the computer world makes sense for him.
- Not sure who's in the forest but if it's "Jenna" then I believe that would be Malone the dominatrix redhead. I have a vague sense that Kate is somewhere plot-special (like Hugo's closet, waiting to be used as leverage?) so I'm comfortable guessing Malone for the forest.

I do wish I'd noticed more of the specific wounds but only Sosa's stood out to me in the party scene and only when we saw the video club room did it occur to me to match those.

Edit: Kate is also known in dialogue boxes as "Kate" so she's kind of separated from the other characters in terms of whom it would make sense to play this guessing game with. In fact, I've actually forgotten her last name.

Akratic Method fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Jun 29, 2019

OutofSight
May 4, 2017
The bleeding eye wounds a good hint this is Marta considering in which state we left her at the party.

Same with Jenna and her giant face wound. She would be the in the Forest Goblin area.
Anthony is the only person we know on the third floor. The other would have no good reasion to be in the trial room.
Inay hanging around in cyberspace makes the most sense.
Irina was from the fifth floor i think, so maybe she is hanging out in the lair.

This leaves Kate somewhere else for the showdown. :ohdear:

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
The bloodstains on everyone's faces matches up with the bloodstains on the mummy-grub things, except for Irina who I don't think we spoke to during the witch's attack on the party.

Bacter
Jan 27, 2012

Nie wywoluj wilka z lasu, glupku.

Akratic Method posted:

Edit: Kate is also known in dialogue boxes as "Kate" so she's kind of separated from the other characters in terms of whom it would make sense to play this guessing game with. In fact, I've actually forgotten her last name.

Her name is Kate Hicks, funnily enough. Though we’re apparently the hickest person, besides Hugo, assuming he’s telling the truth.

By way of comparison, I happen to know through extra-game sources that Sosa is a class C

Bacter fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Jun 29, 2019

Meadowhill
Jan 5, 2015

PlasticAutomaton posted:

The Videoclub grub is also bleeding from the eyes like poor Sosa was at the party. In addition to the locations matching up, all the grubs have the same wounds that everyone had at the party while the witch was attacking. And we didn't see Kate during the attack so she got out somehow just like Hugo did.

Kate is the witch.

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato
Marta (eyes), Jenna (split face), Inay (ear), Tony (blood spatters?) The mouth one is I assume Irina, this is a bit meta but Kate's injury in the video and new promotional artwork is beheading times a million so I don't know why they would change it here.

Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013
Also Kate was running around decapitated at the conclusion of the party.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Zeniel posted:

Also Kate was running around decapitated at the conclusion of the party.

That's a random drone worker. He's got pants on.

Noisycat
Jul 6, 2003

If you give a mouse a cookie, you are supporting underground furry terrorists.
Hi! I drew the Forest Goblin :)

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Noisycat posted:

:vince:

Bacter
Jan 27, 2012

Noisycat posted:

!! Incredible!

I hope you submitted this to the fan art contest as well, this is TOP SHELF!

Noisycat
Jul 6, 2003

If you give a mouse a cookie, you are supporting underground furry terrorists.
I did! And BaroqueDecay retweeted it and said it was the first Goblin fanart they’ve seen!

I like FG, I was wondering why he saw the Witch so much when it didn’t seem to be a common occurrence.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Noisycat posted:

I like FG, I was wondering why he saw the Witch so much when it didn’t seem to be a common occurrence.

Hunter was his given name, the poor bastard.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
he's not even a real forest

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Brian isn't a real parsnip, what of it

Bacter
Jan 27, 2012

Brian is the realest parsnip there is.

And he's about

to

PROVE IT!

(uploading needs some time, etc.)

This concludes our main-game run, goons! There are a few other miscellania to show off (extra endings, mostly), but this is IT.

I've spliced together all the post-ending content (and trust me, you'll absolutely want to stay post-credits to view those scenes. One of them in particular is just... man. It's real good.).

There are.... let me think.... four endings (don't accept the job, get fired, and two 'main' ones).

The one we pick this time is kind of the... well, it's the ending you have to work the hardest for, I'll leave it at that.

I usually say this at the end of an LP, but even more than usual, I'd love to hear your impressions on it! This was a blast to play, and I hope you enjoyed the LP.

Maybe darkwood next? WHO CAN SAY.

Thanks for watching, nerds!

Also, fellow chuckler Skippy Granola pointed me towards this.

Have you seen this? You should see this.

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Whoever's got the biggest whiskers does the talking.
Yeah, that last section was WAY harder for me too....I did beat it the first time, but I was down to 4 bites (sight only, of course), down one paper, and another snake was chasing me....

Out of desperation I ran into the elevator and guessed the last number. Thankfully with most of the papers it wasn't hard to figure out what the last number was.

edit - I appreciate a good throwback game as much as any oldie here :corsair: but my oh my, that game is really blurring the line between "Laura Bow Homage" and "Laura Bow blatant ripoff". :downs:

Not that's a bad thing per se, but it did raise my eyebrows a bit.

Also, yeah that eye color thing was the thing I noticed when I was re-watching the video....the tint does a good job of hiding it the first time.

mauman fucked around with this message at 08:29 on Jul 3, 2019

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Strange. I seem to remember Robo-Domori used to intercept Hugo when he tries to attack Brian and punch him into the wall, and "then" he runs away, regardless of ending. Did they change that in the patch?

Also, did you show what happens when you use a certain item on the bathroom mirror? I did not see that anywhere.

Tallgeese fucked around with this message at 08:51 on Jul 3, 2019

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
That DLC/Expansion Pack thingy we were discussing seems to be pretty naturally a "Help Rei and Domori get the last remnants of Witchyness out of the building" postgame.

Also, that URL on the card leads to a Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=channel?UCoPWosoKtOXEFCP9Qmu31dA

Bacter
Jan 27, 2012

Tallgeese posted:

Strange. I seem to remember Robo-Domori used to intercept Hugo when he tries to attack Brian and punch him into the wall, and "then" he runs away, regardless of ending. Did they change that in the patch?

Also, did you show what happens when you use a certain item on the bathroom mirror? I did not see that anywhere.

There might just be a link in here somewhere about that!

Also, we’ll see that punch. You’re mixing endings!

Junpei posted:

That DLC/Expansion Pack thingy we were discussing seems to be pretty naturally a "Help Rei and Domori get the last remnants of Witchyness out of the building" postgame.

Also, that URL on the card leads to a Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=channel?UCoPWosoKtOXEFCP9Qmu31dA

Makes sense to me: also, that channel is recently updated and worth a look! It’s how I know Sosa is a class c, and gives a location: Brazil!

I guess this is NEO-rio de janiero?

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Bacter posted:

There might just be a link in here somewhere about that!

Ah. I would have expected that whether you did that changed something in the Ghost of Sintra thing, but I suppose not. Would have been a neat detail if Mr. Devil said something different about choosing.

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Whoever's got the biggest whiskers does the talking.
I...uh...missed that link too.

Kinda embarrassed I didn't see it earlier

CountryMatters
Apr 8, 2009

IT KEEPS HAPPENING
Huh, with the two secret Mr Devil scenes I really expected some sort of horrific twist but for the most part that was a fairly happy ending

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

mauman posted:

I...uh...missed that link too.

Kinda embarrassed I didn't see it earlier

What's notable about it is that the change in the mirror is permanent.

What does it mean?

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

CountryMatters posted:

Huh, with the two secret Mr Devil scenes I really expected some sort of horrific twist but for the most part that was a fairly happy ending

I'm betting that said horrific twist might be in a 'so you guessed wrong on the names, or otherwise missed important things' ending

Talow
Dec 26, 2012

I have to admit, I was not expecting getting linked to Marta Sosa's youtube channel when I put in the URL from the game.

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
God, that ending sequence is just exquisite. I like how tonally consistent it remains with the rest of the game, where getting Rei to take over doesn't seem like it'd fix anything. And honestly, why would it? She's characterized reasonably as a petulant and spoiled child.

The person I feel most sorry for is Domori. The fact that the family thought burning her at the stake was remotely reasonable had previously said a lot. But outright knowing that she was perpetually sealed into a room with only Rei to visit her is just sad. I honestly completely see the snake's point of view. A somewhat positive note is that Domori now probably has the most freedom she's ever had, really.

Hugo's story is tied together so well too. Mr. Corvo being a drunken rear end in a top hat and yet probably his best friend kind of summarizes it, really. Hugo, in the end, had total faith in Corvo's magic, even when Corvo was just using him.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
I found myself torn on long upward pan. Spoilered in case this is too close the video post. THERE IS NO SKY! Arrrgh. Such a dypstopian thing. Just skyscrapers forever with a little neon. Brian and Kate's reactions were kind of touching but.... *flails*. So creeped out. As how it makes us feel was requested.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

This is a pretty awesome game and, yeah, I love how there was a lot of consistent foreshadowing before everything came together and there was no odd deus ex machina or other out of the blue plot elements to end the story.

If people got through the ranks simply by seniority rather than real merit, then maybe it'll be ok if Rei is CEO until she grows up enough to actually take the reins (or she can just continue to let it run on autopilot). She'll probably be more interested in having fun and keeping her sister happy for now than making life miserable for the employees.

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

I don't see what Hugo did wrong. When the various Hunters failed, he just hung on while the Witch chowed down on those in positions higher than him.

Then Rei goes to show continued prejudice against those in a lower class (perhaps the "lowest" class, what with the comment of him not even been given a name, a perpetual slave class perhaps) by firing him.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

LashLightning posted:

I don't see what Hugo did wrong. When the various Hunters failed, he just hung on while the Witch chowed down on those in positions higher than him.

Well, all we really know about Hugo is that he died and then a Class-R stole his identity :v:

Tadpole definitely betrayed Corvo to the Witch and stole the Athame from him, then killed who knows how many other Hunters and senior employees with the same tricks he tried to use on Brian. Not to mention stealing food from Sosa and Mappy's cats, and whatever else he did to those two.

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You just keep being you!

Ok, then "Tadpole", for want of a different term.

Where was it said that Tadpole stole the knife from Corvo?

Bacter
Jan 27, 2012

I mean...

Remember how he pretended to be our boss and made us go to the lair of that filing cabinet monster, to try and kill us? Or when he turned off the lights in the mined room, to try and kill us? Or when he tricked Kate into going to the poison area of the hive? Or when he locked us in with the dot matrix? Or when he called the witch on us during the party?

Hugo is an excellent villain, and he was right, he had it worse than anybody else we meet. It was clear Corvo was lying to him to get what he wanted, most employees treated him like garbage, his childhood was BRUTAL, and so it’s almost understandable that he’s a total monster. But he IS one, though!

That’s why am so glad that he’s in the game. The witch is basically a force of nature: what does she want? To corrupt and be evil, I guess? She’s terrifying, but really just exists to put pressure on the rest of the story.

Hugo is INTERESTING. They could have made him un-understandable, just the lawful evil to the witch’s chaotic evil, but to make him a guy who’s a overcome more than anybody (which was kind of your thing), and have become bad for that reason - you can debate, where does his responsibility begin? What right do we have to condemn him? Because I’m here to tell you, I don’t think the answer is “none”.

Edit: maybe I’m wrong here, but I think it’s HEAVILY implied that Hugo/tadpole betrayed the hunters, and stole the dagger. There’s a message from... I forget if it’s from AM or the mysterious third hunter to Corvo, telling him that unlike usual, he shouldn’t trust anybody with his secrets, and I bet he didn’t listen, and told Hugo.

(Also, my interpretation of the final dive isn’t that Hugo still believed in the cape - it was an outright suicide, and wearing the cape was just... well, maybe his guilt coming out, in a strange way. It’s a beautiful and very disturbing scene, and completely ruins my schaudenfreude)

Bacter fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Jul 3, 2019

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Looking at Bacter's avatar, whatever happened to that horse guy?

cambrian obelus
Sep 14, 2010

I've never seen a French woman before!
Soiled Meat

Mraagvpeine posted:

Looking at Bacter's avatar, whatever happened to that horse guy?

He became horse guy.

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You just keep being you!

It's off-putting and sudden that Rei went immediately back to giggling child after showing some form of maturity in the robot. It would seem that she should understand the situation as she says that she has access to Sintranet's computer system.

It's also off-putting that it goes with the "hey, this previously classist guy is trying to be no longer classist" with one character, but then completely fucks over "Tadpole", who was perhaps the greatest victim in all this.

Basically, the UK politics megathread in D&D wouldn't be happy with this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

LashLightning posted:

It's off-putting and sudden that Rei went immediately back to giggling child after showing some form of maturity in the robot. It would seem that she should understand the situation as she says that she has access to Sintranet's computer system.

It's also off-putting that it goes with the "hey, this previously classist guy is trying to be no longer classist" with one character, but then completely fucks over "Tadpole", who was perhaps the greatest victim in all this.

Basically, the UK politics megathread in D&D wouldn't be happy with this.

To be fair Chapman was just a dick in conversation. Hugo actively tried to kill us and succeeded in killing others. Also he stole food from cats. His origin explains why, but it does not absolve him.