Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

youcallthatatwist posted:

If Haruspex sells well, the other two will be free DLC. They'll only come with an additional charge if IPL needs the funding.

Thanks Trump Putin

quote:

Yes this also. If anyone hasn't found or been using the dead items store, make sure you get on that right away - it's the only reason I haven't died once by day four.

BTW are there several or just the one around the Marrow?

Still no clue where this backer item is either

Also the ost is amazing everything about this is great

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 00:49 on May 25, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Played a small bit. Good, weird intro. I have no idea if what I'm doing is wrong or right but I'll just see where this goes, regardless of how bad I gently caress it up. Replaying the 12 days over and over in an attempt to get different results seems part of the core gameplay anyway.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

If Haruspex sells well, the other two will be free DLC. They'll only come with an additional charge if IPL needs the funding.

I believe they'll be free DLC for kickstarter backers no matter what

youcallthatatwist
Sep 22, 2013

goferchan posted:

I believe they'll be free DLC for kickstarter backers no matter what

Yeah I forgot to mention that

RBA Starblade posted:

Thanks Trump Putin

BTW are there several or just the one around the Marrow?

Still no clue where this backer item is either

Also the ost is amazing everything about this is great

The location of the shop changes each night. You could just randomly run around and check kiosk spots, but you can also reveal it by going to the theater

Also the backer item will come in due time, don't worry

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
The website just gives me an Internal Server Error when I try to get my key :negative:

goferchan posted:

I have been really disappointed with most RPS coverage of just about everything for, like, a year now . When it's good it's good , so I still check the site, but I feel like 70% of the time I start an article and think "gently caress this" and hit the back button . Whether you're into Pathologic or not that's like an infuriatingly surface-level examination of it .

RPS has been nothing to me since they ripped on Hollow Knight because "yawn, too many indie metroidvanias nowadays, just another mediocre one to throw on the pile". That review was front and center on the Hollow Knight page for way too long, so every time I booted up one of my favorite games ever I'd be reminded that RPS lives in bizarro land.

Idiot
Dec 21, 2006
AM I DOING THIS RIGHT?

Pigbuster posted:

The website just gives me an Internal Server Error when I try to get my key :negative:

I was having this issue too. I think, even though the backer portal knows what tier you pledged it isn't considered purchased yet. Go to the choose tier page, make sure the right version of the key is selected, and press the next button all the way at the bottom of the page to actually lock in your pledge. You should be able to get the key after that.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Idiot posted:

I was having this issue too. I think, even though the backer portal knows what tier you pledged it isn't considered purchased yet. Go to the choose tier page, make sure the right version of the key is selected, and press the next button all the way at the bottom of the page to actually lock in your pledge. You should be able to get the key after that.

Worked like a charm, thank you!

GoldenJoe
Aug 9, 2006

Lucinice posted:

That run button sounds like it helps a lot.

In Pathologic, as long as you didn't stop you could stay ahead of any enemy and not get hit, while in this if you're not sprinting they can catch up to you. Also, there are a lot more curved roads, walls and dead ends in this game, things that were limited to the Warehouse district and the districts around the Abattoir in Pathologic. Those things, plus the inability to save where ever you are might make this game take longer than the first one, but I guess that depends on how often you can make use of the boat to skip all of that.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
can you get away from people chasing you by rounding corners and sneaking?

also, what's everyone's favourite stockpiled food? im loading up on fish, dried meat, eggs and kashik or whatever that stuff is. seems to be pretty space efficient overall

GoldenJoe
Aug 9, 2006

Verviticus posted:

can you get away from people chasing you by rounding corners and sneaking?

I tried it a few times and didn't succeed, but I did run away from a bandit over a bridge and he lost interest, so I went back to test some more but he was completely uninterested, he just kept walking back to where he was while I was running circles around him. So, even if you can sneak away it seems simpler to go into a house or run far enough away so they stop chasing. You can sneak up behind people and do a sneak attack though.

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

Personally, I think it's problematic that a sitting Senator has a racial slur for a last name.

I love how the Kin look appropriately vaguely Bashkir/Tatar/etc. and are actually, y'know, native looking.
Another goodie from the art book (artist: Meethos):

also

gently caress MIASMA

vv Cool, makes sense!

not an endorsement fucked around with this message at 09:14 on May 25, 2019

youcallthatatwist
Sep 22, 2013
They're specifically based on a mixture of Buryat and Mongolian beliefs iirc, and their langauge is similar.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost
I have cow, I have house, I have black market mystic organ dealer who will buy any brain slices I manage to acquire and I'm currently starving to death trying to play an excruciating extended fetch quest involving kids and hidden treasure chests because the first one had shmowders and every one of 'em seems to have a couple fingernail coins in

10/10 can't wait for day 3

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

If you didn't buy the cow what are you even doing

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

I'm still on day one and have no idea what I am doing but the entire town went from not knowing me to hating me to kinda-sorta tolerating me and I think some wildling woman wanted to marry me but I said no. I came across the other two main characters and it is astounding how cocky and commanding they are. gently caress you, bachelor and changeling. This is MY campaign and I won't listen to you. :colbert:

I'm just sort of going after quest markers and hoping this will somehow bring me to something useful. I can't help but shake the feeling I've already lost the main plot thread and am just moving forward through hobo economics and odd side quests. The main narrative is probably happening elsewhere and I have no idea where. :v:

Also a rat told me I nap too much.

youcallthatatwist
Sep 22, 2013

Mindblast posted:

I'm still on day one and have no idea what I am doing but the entire town went from not knowing me to hating me to kinda-sorta tolerating me and I think some wildling woman wanted to marry me but I said no. I came across the other two main characters and it is astounding how cocky and commanding they are. gently caress you, bachelor and changeling. This is MY campaign and I won't listen to you. :colbert:

I'm just sort of going after quest markers and hoping this will somehow bring me to something useful. I can't help but shake the feeling I've already lost the main plot thread and am just moving forward through hobo economics and odd side quests. The main narrative is probably happening elsewhere and I have no idea where. :v:

Also a rat told me I nap too much.

If you've met the bachelor and changeling already you're on the right track! P2 is structured to revolve around many different threads coming together instead of a single narrative plotline. Make the decisions you'd think Haruspex would make and focus on survival and filling out thoughts - when you've done all you can, the game will tell you. Don't worry about missing the main narrative, you're watching it play out as we speak.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.

Really strong reason to buy.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Aw man I got a Jesse Pinkman

GOTY 2019

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The Vosgian Beast posted:

Aw man I got a Jesse Pinkman

GOTY 2019

The secret to panacea is chili powder

Waterfall Watcher
Dec 17, 2018

How to ruin improve game sessions & family ties with one simple question.

-Would this be better if I used poison?
Here's the question of the day, why would you not use one district as your organ harvesting operation, plummeting your reputation there and nearby districts for all of vars money? 2000 gold at least per night.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Waterfall Watcher posted:

Here's the question of the day, why would you not use one district as your organ harvesting operation, plummeting your reputation there and nearby districts for all of vars money? 2000 gold at least per night.

any choice is right if it is willed

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Oxxidation posted:

as much as i dislike survival mechanics they're pretty much inextricable from pathologic's entire structure, since they're how the game enforces its relentlessly stressful timers. at least you have a run button now

icepick seems to have a thing for this - pathologic, the void, and knock knock all have game-spanning countdowns that result in unwinnable states if you let them run down too much, and none of them give a rip how much you dislike it

They actually patched The Void to make it easier in response to people complaining. I'm one of the "lucky" few who completed the game before that. :v:

(Well, along with presumably a great deal many more Russians.)

At any rate, I didn't mind how punishing The Void was, first because there was a strict delineation between being out in the world map where time counted down vs. in the gardens where it didn't -- so you weren't punished for exploring the map -- and second because it never felt like you were aimlessly trying to figure out where to go next; there was always some (usually desperate) goal to achieve.

I could never get into Pathologic because the clock is always on, but I might give it another shot one of these days.

Tuxedo Catfish fucked around with this message at 22:43 on May 25, 2019

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Average Russian Serial Killer simulator looking horrifying

Waterfall Watcher
Dec 17, 2018

I just finished day 2 after and dear god even with the sprint mechanic and the "fast" travel it took me till 9 for me to finish all the events. :aaa:
I'm not sure if I have nostalgia goggles or anything but in the first game I had surplus time to master the art of no-looteru and ransacked entire districts of their goods while having time to spare. Is the clock faster in this game?

Waterfall Watcher
Dec 17, 2018

Mindblast posted:

Aye, the bachelor and changeling are way more in your face in this iteration than the last. In the last one you'd just hear rumors of the bachelor wanting to hunt you down and there may be a changeling around doing weird things. This iteration? This iteration has the bachelor actually threaten to shoot you and the changeling acting like a bloody :anime: character at you.
It's GREAT

quote:

I'm just sort of going after quest markers and hoping this will somehow bring me to something useful. I can't help but shake the feeling I've already lost the main plot thread and am just moving forward through hobo economics and odd side quests. The main narrative is probably happening elsewhere and I have no idea where.
You'll get used to it, though I gotta say this game is a lot less straight with you on what you're going to do each day in comparison with the first which was literal journal entries.

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

Personally, I think it's problematic that a sitting Senator has a racial slur for a last name.

Artimiy Burakh's BFFs, apparently:
1. Immoral weirdo crime lord who is basically constantly one step away from getting some thugs to shoot up a nearby warehouse of children infringing on his turf, and says poo poo like "JUST PINNED BARLEY DOWN... HERE WE GO, ALL AROUND!!!";
2. Lady in deep depression/anxiety/PTSD spiral which enables her to stay in her empty dusty mansion surrounded by her dead father's metals which drives her into feeling even more lovely;
3. "I'M THE SON YOU SHOULD HAVE BEEN." Some dude who picked up traditional medicine but also hates tradition and wants to cut up bodies without the natives (whom he also hates) wanting to burn him at the stake.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Aye, the bachelor and changeling are way more in your face in this iteration than the last. In the last one you'd just hear rumors of the bachelor wanting to hunt you down and there may be a changeling around doing weird things. This iteration? This iteration has the bachelor actually threaten to shoot you and the changeling acting like a bloody :anime: character at you.
It's GREAT

You'll get used to it, though I gotta say this game is a lot less straight with you on what you're going to do each day in comparison with the first which was literal journal entries.

I'm at 1800 on day 2 and I doubt I'm going to get everything finished, with my character half hungry and pretty drat tired. Plenty of materials but no money or food. Someone is in danger but who they are is not yet identified. I'm just gonna roll on and see how terrible I ruin everything for everyone. :v:

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
i was wondering how you people got the gun on day one and then i realized i’m carrying like five days worth of food and everyone else seems to be starving

Waterfall Watcher
Dec 17, 2018

Feminition posted:

Artimiy Burakh's BFFs, apparently:
1. Immoral weirdo crime lord who is basically constantly one step away from getting some thugs to shoot up a nearby warehouse of children infringing on his turf, and says poo poo like "JUST PINNED BARLEY DOWN... HERE WE GO, ALL AROUND!!!";
2. Lady in deep depression/anxiety/PTSD spiral which enables her to stay in her empty dusty mansion surrounded by her dead father's metals which drives her into feeling even more lovely;
3. "I'M THE SON YOU SHOULD HAVE BEEN." Some dude who picked up traditional medicine but also hates tradition and wants to cut up bodies without the natives (whom he also hates) wanting to burn him at the stake.

Hey don't talk poo poo about David "Bad Grief" Bowie he had a hard life his and he's 100% your BEST friend. His reflection even said so.
Lara has your back since she told her neighbors and Rubin not to be idiots.
Rubin is just asshurt that he isn't your dads favourite is all.

Mindblast posted:

I'm at 1800 on day 2 and I doubt I'm going to get everything finished, with my character half hungry and pretty drat tired. Plenty of materials but no money or food. Someone is in danger but who they are is not yet identified. I'm just gonna roll on and see how terrible I ruin everything for everyone. :v:
FYI Lemons and coffee beans are your best friend in order to always have that exhaust down.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Waterfall Watcher
Dec 17, 2018

Verviticus posted:

i was wondering how you people got the gun on day one and then i realized i’m carrying like five days worth of food and everyone else seems to be starving

It's funny. In the first game you'd trade in the gun you'd find in order to secure more food.
In this one it's in the reverse... UNLESS YOU'RE NOT A FILTHY PLEB. BEAT THE RIPPERS AND DRAIN THE BLOOD :black101:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I have a day's reserve of food midday day 2 and 500 bucks. I figure I'll get a chance at another gun if it's that necessary

I'm just glad I have an egg in these trying times

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

RBA Starblade posted:

I have a day's reserve of food midday day 2 and 500 bucks. I figure I'll get a chance at another gun if it's that necessary

I'm just glad I have an egg in these trying times

I too, chose the barter king life over the gunslinger route. :hfive:

Unfortunately I also wasted too much valuable junk for them fingernails, which I realize it's not actually practical to boat travel to every edge of town...

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

fingernails stack really high though which is nice and i never had room to hold onto everything i traded for them

Waterfall Watcher
Dec 17, 2018

Fingernails are okay, I always made sure to have at least one on my person in case a mission requires me to go to somewhere near one of the ports in town.
I could never muster a reason to value them other than that because every child has one to trade so their not exactly rare or that hard to get. :shrug:
However you could get a bunch of them and trade them for coffee beans from your local young man.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

did anyone fill out this bubble from Act I? what does it say?

edit: my guess is that it had something to do with the dream sequence where you can kill them again or let them beat you up, but i dont think either route opens the bubble

Verviticus fucked around with this message at 01:15 on May 26, 2019

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I tried to just hit them a couple times and spare them like the herb bride said then got another sweet triple kill lol

Pathologic: I Tried

Feminition posted:

I too, chose the barter king life over the gunslinger route. :hfive:

Unfortunately I also wasted too much valuable junk for them fingernails, which I realize it's not actually practical to boat travel to every edge of town...

Yeah fast travel is almost a trap I've found.

The real question is, though: where is all the vodka?

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

RBA Starblade posted:

Yeah fast travel is almost a trap I've found.

The real question is, though: where is all the vodka?

either

or

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Verviticus posted:

did anyone fill out this bubble from Act I? what does it say?

edit: my guess is that it had something to do with the dream sequence where you can kill them again or let them beat you up, but i dont think either route opens the bubble

You get it for dying in day 1.

Also I think the thing most distressing about day 2 is the cache hunt, which will eat a lot of time, but don't worry too much. Act 2 and its quests/bubbles is actually for both day 2 and 3.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Game aside, I wonder how well sales are doing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waterfall Watcher
Dec 17, 2018

ZearothK posted:

You get it for dying in day 1.

Also I think the thing most distressing about day 2 is the cache hunt, which will eat a lot of time, but don't worry too much. Act 2 and its quests/bubbles is actually for both day 2 and 3.

quote:

Act 2 and its quests/bubbles is actually for BOTH day 2 and 3.
Is this a joke?
I spent all of day 2 stressing over getting all of quests done and dreading what the following days would be like since this is pre plague town..
I feel relieved that you said that and stupefied that you just loving said that.