Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost
I have cow, I have house, I have black market mystic organ dealer who will buy any brain slices I manage to acquire and I'm currently starving to death trying to play an excruciating extended fetch quest involving kids and hidden treasure chests because the first one had shmowders and every one of 'em seems to have a couple fingernail coins in

10/10 can't wait for day 3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Verviticus posted:

mark makes it pretty clear you should do everything in your power to avoid dying so save scumming seems fine

At the same time there's a scene the first time you die where Mark berates the hell out of you for being so stupid and explains the death mechanic in wonderfully verbose terms. Seriously, the dialogue is a joy to read and interpret, it's like playing the Malkavian route from VtM:B except everyone else is Malkavian and they won't tell you everything goddamn it.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Star Guarded posted:

Absolutely hosed by RNG.

Please die a ton and read all the Mark dialogue because localizing that fucker's monologues in a way that was cryptic and verbose-but-natural-and-not-terrible-sounding, while also being faithful to the nuanced meaning of the philosophy of the Russian lines, was a huge ordeal. If I catch anyone savescumming you're dead for real.

You did an amazing job. Mark is hypnotically repetitive, in a way that feels very much like he's drilling down into the same point in order to emphasise the deeper meanings of what he's saying. In the hands of a lesser writer / translator it'd be abysmal; as it is, it feels very much like he is a living breathing person who isn't sure you're getting it and, aggravatingly, he's often right. I avoid diamond dialogue options like the plague when I'm talking to him, it's fantastic.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost
Quick one, does the game keep up the weird meta-theatrical poo poo as it goes along? Talking to Bad Grief's reflection was baller as hell.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Verviticus posted:

i had so much free time in the early nights that i was guzzling twyrine and hunting them down, and i never once got a loving powder from them

100% random loot gen, friendo.

The first time I looted the Surgery Tutorial building I came out with a slab of fresh meat in my belly, two bottles of twyrine, a full pocket of needles and so much valuable treasure that I was seriously debating leaving behind some of the dude's organs.

The second time I came out with one bottle of twyrine and a pocketful of fishhooks.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost
Took a break from this to watch Chernobyl, now I think I need to go back to this to cheer up a bit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

No Mods No Masters posted:

Scalding hot take: Unless the game has been very successful, I kinda hope they swallow their pride and charge for the other routes. You'd have to be pretty full of it to claim that the Artemy path alone isn't well worth the current price of admission. I love you IPL and I worry about you :ohdear:

100% take my fuggin' money

Like, maybe not full price for the other ones but call 'em expansions