Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Admiral Joeslop posted:

The 2019 fanart section isn't filling up. As punishment, I submit mine.

Let them fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Leraika posted:

Geomancers are good, actually. :colbert:

That's why the Fiesta survives. All the classes are good.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Main thing to note for newbies is don't do Berserker Risk on your first go. One Berserker is fine and a useful heavy-hitter, but more than one can make some areas very annoying and if you roll three of them your run will hit 3 or 4 walls where you need to go off and grind to absurd levels.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

agradine posted:

Which year was it that he accidentally sold the dragon fang he needed for some convoluted scheme?

I honestly sometimes can't tell if Dragondarch is sincere or if it's some sort of performance art. I'm all for finding odd ways to go about things for entertainment value, but that was :psyduck:

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

FeatherFloat posted:

Man, I got a horrible Chaos team a few years back that resulted in me having to do this:

And I gave up and went away from the Fiesta for a while. But this year I'm back! I've donated and signed up with #winner!

No berserkerisk for me, oh god, I think I'd cry if I got that hand there dealt to me again.

I had one of those three years ago. Three berserkers and a dragoon (as my last job of course). I cleared it but it took everything out of me and the following year I had flashbacks and couldn't finish a run. Seriously, the grind broke me when I love this game so much, I did a run last year and I plan to do another this one but I'm not risking ever again.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Yeah, there's no invalid version for the runs (as long as you can take pictures, my early ones back in the day were bad photos of my GBA that I figure only counted as verification because it's for charity. Not phone pictures, I had a cheap digital camera that came free with my computer. All the customization and image preview of a travel film camera (sub-paranthetical, do they still make those?) just instead of mailing it in you get to find where you put the proprietary-yo-usb cable.) just a few changes between versions that mean some tricks may not work.

Bruceski fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Jun 5, 2019

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Poque posted:

Brave Blade Best Blade

But the Chicken Knife is a knife so it being better doesn't contradict that.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Samuel Clemens posted:

I'm not sure why the countdown timer still says five days because the Run is scheduled for Sunday. I guess RK just doesn't have much confidence in his runners.

I'm pretty sure every year that countdown has been an alternate start time. If for whatever reason the run is not done by then, things flip anyway.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

We have now entered the Grindening portion of the race.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Samuel Clemens posted:

Interestingly enough, DD has opted out of grinding Prototypes, so he'll be ahead in terms of progression, but behind in levels and ABP compared to the other three. Remains to be seen if that strategy works out.

It's DDarch, so we can guess. Did he at least get to sleep this time?

E: he's grinding Ghidra? This is basically playing rocket tag isn't it?

E2: I jinxed it.

Bruceski fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Jun 16, 2019

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Inspired by stream chatter

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Archenteron posted:

For those who aren't watching, our favorite galaxybrain DragonDarch has, in the past 30minutes or so:

Sold the Hypnocrown (with Beastmaster as one of his jobs)
Let the Aegis Shield burn
solo ground Faris after the forest burnt but before the Crystals fight to 24 because dragoon has the highest speed and this will somehow be the secret strategy for the crystal fight?!?
e: did not put death sickle on his zerker for the crystals fight
because
his strategy is/was to have the whole party put the fire crystal into berserk mode (so it firagas forever) and let the flame shield + bone mail dragoon faris... solo the everything else much slower?

Have any of those been followed by an "oops"? At all?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Azza Bamboo posted:

My impressions of the game so far

Art? :allears: this gonna be magical.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

GulagDolls posted:

freelancer/berserk/geomancer/???.....i am to understand that this is bad and I will have to acquire a monopoly on 'rod'

Geomancer has its uses but is generally niche (and random), Freelancer can equip anything which is nice, and I believe it also gains the stats of any job you master. You don't have anything busted but you have some options.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Shoehead posted:

I literally just had that realisation. Should make the ship graveyard go quicker now that I have the rest of the morning free

Near the start of the ship graveyard explore around to find the flail (involves finding some secret rocks). Big QoL weapon for a white mage party.

Bruceski fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Jun 17, 2019

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Mystic Knight, Red Mage, and now Black Mage. This run's looking pretty magic-heavy, and I get to remember which status effects hit bosses.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

If I use thunder spellblade on a coral sword and attack something weak to lightning would it to extra-extra damage?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Spelling Mitsake posted:

So I've never beat this game before... I just got the water crystal and Beserker.

Am I in trouble?

No. One berserker is fine and in fact quite useful (good damage, death scythe). It's only when Risk forces you to use many of them that it becomes an issue, and that's mainly on particular bosses with counters and such.